View Poll Results: Should business owners hold opinions/donate towards them without fear of punishment?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    35 70.00%
  • No

    15 30.00%
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 134

Thread: Chick-fil-A

  1. #101
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Chick-fil-A

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Wow....feeling a little defensive. There is Nothing....Zero.....Zilch that I have said about them being racist. In fact...if you want to hear it directly I will spell it out. THERE IS NOTHING ABOUT THE PHOTOS THAT I FIND THAT WOULD INSINUATE THAT ANY OF THESE PEOPLE ARE RACIST....NOR AM I IMPLYING THAT THEY ARE RACIST. There....does that make it clear?

    What I AM saying is that the GOP has shifted so far to the extreme right that they have pretty much alienated any people of color from their party. That isn't saying that they are RACIST. What it is saying is that their policies and beliefs/platform is so far extremist right-wing that it only appeals to the type of people depicted in the photos. It isn't about Racism....its about EXTREMISM.
    I see right through you.

    If you meant absoutely nothing about them being racist, why would you even show the photos, and comment about there being primarily white people, and that more of them are fat? It's because you're subtly implying that they're racist, fat, uneducated, etc. Spare us the lies. If you weren't implying they were racist then why even post the pictures and make those ignorant comments? See, DP tends to comprise more on average those people who are intelligent, who can understand things a bit more clearly, and who also practice an unimportant concept called critical thinking.

    You're making smarmy insinuations of them being racist, and now you're so intellectually dishonest that you won't even acknowledge what you're doing. If you don't think they're racist/fat/ignorant, then don't make cowardly comments about their skin color, their weight, or what you assume they listen to. Understood?

  2. #102
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Chick-fil-A

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    I see right through you.

    If you meant absoutely nothing about them being racist, why would you even show the photos, and comment about there being primarily white people, and that more of them are fat? It's because you're subtly implying that they're racist, fat, uneducated, etc. Spare us the lies. If you weren't implying they were racist then why even post the pictures and make those ignorant comments? See, DP tends to comprise more on average those people who are intelligent, who can understand things a bit more clearly, and who also practice an unimportant concept called critical thinking.

    You're making smarmy insinuations of them being racist, and now you're so intellectually dishonest that you won't even acknowledge what you're doing. If you don't think they're racist/fat/ignorant, then don't make cowardly comments about their skin color, their weight, or what you assume they listen to. Understood?

    Whatever dude....you are plain and simply wrong. I think you guys love to play the "They're calling us racist" martyr card a bit much.

    Yes....I am saying that the average Republican voter these days is ignorant.....is uneducated.......extremist in their views and is white. I don't think I am wrong in that. Most studies show that the less educated you are the more likely you are to be Republican. Does that mean all Republicans are dumb, ignorant and uneducated.....no.....I'm not saying that.

    What I AM saying is that the "CFA Appreciation day" was born and bred and promoted by right-wing media.....so would I be incorrect in the assumption that the vast majority of those turning out are those who listen to the right-wing media? Again...I don't think so.

    And those who turned out by and large were there...not to express appreciation for the first Amendment...they were there because they supported CFA CEO anti-gay statements and they wanted to show their support for his extremist views.

    Those extremist views and other extreme positions of the GOP have aliented many people from the party, including all but a small percentage of people of color. This was reflected in the photos were were posted on a right-wing site (not a left-leaning one trying to make them look bad).

    This says nothing about "Racism" and says everything about "Extremism". So if you want to continue to perpetuate that I am calling them "racist"....go right ahead....place your martyr card, but do so knowing that you are being completely dishonest...but hey that's your first amendment right....so be it.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  3. #103
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Chick-fil-A

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Whatever dude....you are plain and simply wrong. I think you guys love to play the "They're calling us racist" martyr card a bit much.

    Yes....I am saying that the average Republican voter these days is ignorant.....is uneducated.......extremist in their views and is white. I don't think I am wrong in that. Most studies show that the less educated you are the more likely you are to be Republican. Does that mean all Republicans are dumb, ignorant and uneducated.....no.....I'm not saying that.

    What I AM saying is that the "CFA Appreciation day" was born and bred and promoted by right-wing media.....so would I be incorrect in the assumption that the vast majority of those turning out are those who listen to the right-wing media? Again...I don't think so.

    And those who turned out by and large were there...not to express appreciation for the first Amendment...they were there because they supported CFA CEO anti-gay statements and they wanted to show their support for his extremist views.

    Those extremist views and other extreme positions of the GOP have aliented many people from the party, including all but a small percentage of people of color. This was reflected in the photos were were posted on a right-wing site (not a left-leaning one trying to make them look bad).

    This says nothing about "Racism" and says everything about "Extremism". So if you want to continue to perpetuate that I am calling them "racist"....go right ahead....place your martyr card, but do so knowing that you are being completely dishonest...but hey that's your first amendment right....so be it.
    No, not "whatever dude." You see, each and every one of us members have a post history, and having a basic knowledge of someone else's post history allows us to, perhaps, know if someone is incredibly partisan. Even after having your snarky insinuations called out and trampled on, you don't acknowledge the way you negatively hinted at their character. If there was ever an example of bigotry, it'd be looking at some people and judging the whole based on the few, and even when it comes to the few you don't even know them. So no, don't "whatever dude" me.

    And who exactly do you mean by "you guys"? Do you even know who you're conversing with? That err aside, let's look at some more. You're actually going to accuse "us guys" of playing the "They're calling us Racist" martyr card? No, that is wrong. If anything those people who dislike being called racists are responding to certain other people who routinely like to accuse others of racism. You want to fix this problem? I'd say people ought to not race-bait. Stop racebaiting and in turn there will be less instances of people being offended by fabricated bull****.

    This is truly fascinating. Your snarky insinuations were just shot up, and now you're saying you think the "average Republican voter" is ignorant, uneducated, extremist in their views and, GASP, white. Do you understand how ridiculously ignorant and offensive that seems, disneydude? But then again maybe you're opening up, taking responsibility for your partisan insinuations, and acknowledging just how narrow-sighted your views of the political right truly are. In fact it's a bit refreshing. Oh, and it doesn't matter if you think you're wrong. If you're wrong you're wrong.

    Oh my, you're stating that, wait for it, most studies link a lack of education to being a Republican? What is this, the Twilight Zone, where everything is backwards and closets have dimensions to other worlds attached to them? No, that's bogus; show us those exact studies. The way you word your posts is incredibly disingenuous. You want to pretend that you don't mean "all" Republicans, yet here you are trumpeting that the average Republican voter is stupid, and that "studies" show that less intelligence = republicanism. Look, I come here to debate, instead of being mildly amused by cut-rate comedy shows. Your whole argument is a partisan farce. Not only is it a farce, but it's a fart that's offensive to the senses.

    If we thought that weren't enough, you, disneydude, are also insinuating that "CFA Appreciation day" was "born and bred and promoted by right-wing media." You mean like how the violent OWS was raised by the left-wing media? The problem, dd, is you, in that your arguments are incredibly obtuse and narrow. If you don't like an action, blame it on the right-wing media. Hell, it's not like the other half of America is angry about Rahm's comments and the Chick-fil-A issue itself. NO, of course not, it must be that the evil Reich-wing news is behind this.

    As history has shown you are wrong yet again, and your arguments are as convoluted as ever. No, dd, this is about the 1st Amendment, and the right to hold an opinion without being pressured/bullied by the government and politicians. It's primarily about the right to hold an opinion without being bullied by the government. And yeah, I'm sure there are also quite a few Traditional Christians who are sick and tired of being lambasted and smeared by the hyper-partisan and narrow-sighted partisans like you. And you know what? Good for them. Have them sock it to these smarmy whiners who cry about tolerance and open-mindedness, only to turn into disgusting and malicious assholes when confronting their ideological opponents. Good for them who exercise their rights peaceably in support of Chick-fil-A.

    You, dd, are not one to ever talk about extremism here. You do not know what extremism is, because, as we come full circle, your post history has repeatedly shown how extremist you yourself have been in the political colosseum. So hell no, I'm going to dismiss your pinings about extremism when you are exactly the kind of person who dabbles in the "extremism" you condemn.
    Last edited by Wake; 08-13-12 at 06:34 PM.

  4. #104
    versus the world
    Surtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The greatest planet in the world.
    Last Seen
    06-10-14 @ 03:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,017

    Re: Chick-fil-A

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Whatever dude....you are plain and simply wrong. I think you guys love to play the "They're calling us racist" martyr card a bit much.
    You're the one who brought up "people of color".
    I love the NSA. It's like having a secret fan-base you will never see, but they're there, watching everything you write and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that I may be some person's only form of unconstitutional entertainment one night.

  5. #105
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Chick-fil-A

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    No, not "whatever dude." You see, each and every one of us members have a post history, and having a basic knowledge of someone else's post history allows us to, perhaps, know if someone is incredibly partisan. Even after having your snarky insinuations called out and trampled on, you don't acknowledge the way you negatively hinted at their character. If there was ever an example of bigotry, it'd be looking at some people and judging the whole based on the few, and even when it comes to the few you don't even know them. So no, don't "whatever dude" me.

    And who exactly do you mean by "you guys"? Do you even know who you're conversing with? That err aside, let's look at some more. You're actually going to accuse "us guys" of playing the "They're calling us Racist" martyr card? No, that is wrong. If anything those people who dislike being called racists are responding to certain other people who routinely like to accuse others of racism. You want to fix this problem? I'd say people ought to not race-bait. Stop racebaiting and in turn there will be less instances of people being offended by fabricated bull****.

    This is truly fascinating. Your snarky insinuations were just shot up, and now you're saying you think the "average Republican voter" is ignorant, uneducated, extremist in their views and, GASP, white. Do you understand how ridiculously ignorant and offensive that seems, disneydude? But then again maybe you're opening up, taking responsibility for your partisan insinuations, and acknowledging just how narrow-sighted your views of the political right truly are. In fact it's a bit refreshing. Oh, and it doesn't matter if you think you're wrong. If you're wrong you're wrong.

    Oh my, you're stating that, wait for it, most studies link a lack of education to being a Republican? What is this, the Twilight Zone, where everything is backwards and closets have dimensions to other worlds attached to them? No, that's bogus; show us those exact studies. The way you word your posts is incredibly disingenuous. You want to pretend that you don't mean "all" Republicans, yet here you are trumpeting that the average Republican voter is stupid, and that "studies" show that less intelligence = republicanism. Look, I come here to debate, instead of being mildly amused by cut-rate comedy shows. Your whole argument is a partisan farce. Not only is it a farce, but it's a fart that's offensive to the senses.

    If we thought that weren't enough, you, disneydude, are also insinuating that "CFA Appreciation day" was "born and bred and promoted by right-wing media." You mean like how the violent OWS was raised by the left-wing media? The problem, dd, is you, in that your arguments are incredibly obtuse and narrow. If you don't like an action, blame it on the right-wing media. Hell, it's not like the other half of America is angry about Rahm's comments and the Chick-fil-A issue itself. NO, of course not, it must be that the evil Reich-wing news is behind this.

    As history has shown you are wrong yet again, and your arguments are as convoluted as ever. No, dd, this is about the 1st Amendment, and the right to hold an opinion without being pressured/bullied by the government and politicians. It's primarily about the right to hold an opinion without being bullied by the government. And yeah, I'm sure there are also quite a few Traditional Christians who are sick and tired of being lambasted and smeared by the hyper-partisan and narrow-sighted partisans like you. And you know what? Good for them. Have them sock it to these smarmy whiners who cry about tolerance and open-mindedness, only to turn into disgusting and malicious assholes when confronting their ideological opponents. Good for them who exercise their rights peaceably in support of Chick-fil-A.

    You, dd, are not one to ever talk about extremism here. You do not know what extremism is, because, as we come full circle, your post history has repeatedly shown how extremist you yourself have been in the political colosseum. So hell no, I'm going to dismiss your pinings about extremism when you are exactly the kind of person who dabbles in the "extremism" you condemn.
    Whatever dude......I'm glad you at least 1/2 way conceded the "I'm calling them racist" bit. But you are correct and I am not claiming anything other than the fact that I am calling them extremists. And I don't believe for a second that most of them there were to protest rights under the first amendment. Take a look at the interviews done by the media. The overwhelming majority of the people there said they were there to stand up for "Traditional" family values....so don't kid yourself into believing that they were there for a greater cause.

    Also, I will loudly admit that I am extremely partisan...I have never tried to pretend otherwise. I don't come on to sites like this and try to pretend to be centrist....because I am not. I believe in being open about who you are so that people know who they are talking to when addressing/debating an issue. But being "partisan" doesn't mean that I am incorrect. You try to claim that the CFA day was not born and bred in right-wing media...I beg to differ. This is exactly where the event was publicized and where the drive was to get people out.

    The bottom line is that the GOP has moved so far to the right that they have alienated huge groups of people with their extremist views. Ronald Reagan wouldn't be able to make it through a GOP primary today let alone the father of conservatism, Barry Goldwater.

    The pictures speak more than words and are what they are. They were taken from a right-wing site...not a liberal blog trying to make people look bad.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  6. #106
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Chick-fil-A

    Quote Originally Posted by Surtr View Post
    You're the one who brought up "people of color".
    Because there ARE no people of color in the pictures. Pointing out the reality all of a sudden becomes "Racist". I think you are a bit overly sensitive with the whole martyrdom bit.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  7. #107
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Chick-fil-A

    My question is....

    WTF Does it matter what they look like DisneyDude???????
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  8. #108
    versus the world
    Surtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The greatest planet in the world.
    Last Seen
    06-10-14 @ 03:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,017

    Re: Chick-fil-A

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Because there ARE no people of color in the pictures. Pointing out the reality all of a sudden becomes "Racist". I think you are a bit overly sensitive with the whole martyrdom bit.
    No, you're creating an issue where an issue doesn't exist, and now you're trying to weasel out of it by calling others racist.
    I love the NSA. It's like having a secret fan-base you will never see, but they're there, watching everything you write and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that I may be some person's only form of unconstitutional entertainment one night.

  9. #109
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Chick-fil-A

    Quote Originally Posted by Surtr View Post
    No, you're creating an issue where an issue doesn't exist, and now you're trying to weasel out of it by calling others racist.
    Wrong. You automatically jump to the "They're calling us racist" martyr card. My post had nothing to do with racism. It was about how the GOP's extremist views has alienated the views of most non-whites. That's not saying they are racist....just out of touch.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  10. #110
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Chick-fil-A

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Wrong. You automatically jump to the "They're calling us racist" martyr card. My post had nothing to do with racism. It was about how the GOP's extremist views has alienated the views of most non-whites. That's not saying they are racist....just out of touch.
    A. WTF Does the line wrapped around a Chick-Fil-A have to do with the GOP?
    B. WTF Does it matter what the people at the Chick-Fil-A look like?
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •