View Poll Results: If a man wants to ban interracial marriage, does that make him a bigot or a racist?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    49 85.96%
  • No

    8 14.04%
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 84

Thread: If a man wants to ban interracial marriage, does that make him a bigot or a racist

  1. #41
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: If a man wants to ban interracial marriage, does that make him a bigot or a racis

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    The government can and does discriminate against people for their actions (such as marriage); if you've ever claimed a tax deduction for anything, you're an accessory to this. If you support laws incarcerating criminals but not non-criminals, you support this kind of discrimination too. But discriminating against someone because of their race or gender is discriminating against someone for what they ARE, not what they DID.

    Pure nonsense....Interacial couples proliferate life...interacial couples are a man and a woman....Khandahar...Sex was created via God or Evolution no matter what you believe for A purpose and the main reason was not sex...it was to sustain life...pleasure was included to make MEN AND WOMEN want to proliferate life.
    All the footstomping and in your face obnoxiousness and all the labeling and insulting and name calling and attempts to intimidate heterosexuals does NOT change that.
    You can stand on your head and twirl and try to compare yourselves to the Jews being murdered by the millions by nazi..you can compare yourselves to the enslavement of whole race of people...and no one believes it. No one has taken ANYTHING from homosexuals...this is all about Homosexuals DEMANDING something that many people do not believe is right and do not believe your rights are being violated as human beings because they are against two men and two women being married. No one can have everything they want and force society to give it to them just because they want it.
    Personally If you want to hate me for my position go for it....the way I see the real hateful people are the homosexuals that hate others because they dont treat them as special...your not special...I see more hateful rhetoric coming from HOMOSEXUALS directed at anyone that doesnt kiss thier ass and cheerlead for them then I ever do from heterosexuals..Most of the hate comes from homosexuals.
    I dont hate anyone...but if an individual keeps telling me I do and trying to bogart me I can start disliking that person real quick...

  2. #42
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: If a man wants to ban interracial marriage, does that make him a bigot or a racis

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    Sorry, not so. Equality in marriage is being able to marry who you want. If that happens to be 11 people, so what?
    What group do you think is being discriminated against here? Married people? The decision to get married was YOUR choice, and is therefore not discrimination, as anyone who has taken a cursory look at our tax code and/or and/or our criminal justice system can attest:

    "They're locking that murderer away for decades, but not that innocent man. Discrimination!"
    "They're giving federal student loans to a college student, but not to the guy who isn't attending college. Discrimination!"
    "They're giving that home mortgage tax deduction to a guy with a home mortgage, but not to the guy who rents. Discrimination!"
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  3. #43
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: If a man wants to ban interracial marriage, does that make him a bigot or a racis

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    Pure nonsense....Interacial couples proliferate life...interacial couples are a man and a woman....Khandahar...Sex was created via God or Evolution no matter what you believe for A purpose and the main reason was not sex...it was to sustain life...pleasure was included to make MEN AND WOMEN want to proliferate life.
    Legal marriage has nothing to do with "proliferating life." You get all the same benefits of marriage whether you have kids or not, and you get all the same benefits of having kids whether you're married or not.

    You can stand on your head and twirl and try to compare yourselves to the Jews being murdered by the millions by nazi..you can compare yourselves to the enslavement of whole race of people...and no one believes it. No one has taken ANYTHING from blacks...this is all about blacks DEMANDING something that many people do not believe is right and do not believe your rights are being violated as human beings because they are against a black man and a white woman being married. No one can have everything they want and force society to give it to them just because they want it.
    Fixed your post for you.

    Personally If you want to hate me for my position go for it....the way I see the real hateful people are the homosexuals that hate others because they dont treat them as special
    How do they want to be treated as special? They just want the same rights as everyone else, at zero cost to anyone else.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  4. #44
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: If a man wants to ban interracial marriage, does that make him a bigot or a racis

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    Legal marriage has nothing to do with "proliferating life." You get all the same benefits of marriage whether you have kids or not, and you get all the same benefits of having kids whether you're married or not.

    Fixed your post for you.

    How do they want to be treated as special? They just want the same rights as everyone else, at zero cost to anyone else.
    If the minority gay community wants the majority of the population to consider their right to marry as a civil rights issue, they'd serve themselves much better by approaching it in the same way MLK approached the black issue in the United States. Their Gay Rights Parades are a far cry from the marches for civil rights.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  5. #45
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: If a man wants to ban interracial marriage, does that make him a bigot or a racis

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    What do you think? Is there any plausible reason to favor this discriminatory marriage policy, other than bigotry/racism?
    Just plain douchebaggery.
    Nobody who wins a war indulges in a bifurcated definition of victory. War is a political act; victory and defeat have meaning only in political terms. A country incapable of achieving its political objectives at an acceptable cost is losing the war, regardless of battlefield events.

    Bifurcating victory (e.g. winning militarily, losing politically) is a useful salve for defeated armies. The "stab in the back" narrative helped take the sting out of failure for German generals after WWI and their American counterparts after Vietnam.

    All the same, it's nonsense. To paraphrase Vince Lombardi, show me a political loser, and I'll show you a loser.
    - Colonel Paul Yingling

  6. #46
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: If a man wants to ban interracial marriage, does that make him a bigot or a racis

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    Nice attempt at a straw man to link interracial marriage with SSM.
    No, it's a valid comparison.
    Nobody who wins a war indulges in a bifurcated definition of victory. War is a political act; victory and defeat have meaning only in political terms. A country incapable of achieving its political objectives at an acceptable cost is losing the war, regardless of battlefield events.

    Bifurcating victory (e.g. winning militarily, losing politically) is a useful salve for defeated armies. The "stab in the back" narrative helped take the sting out of failure for German generals after WWI and their American counterparts after Vietnam.

    All the same, it's nonsense. To paraphrase Vince Lombardi, show me a political loser, and I'll show you a loser.
    - Colonel Paul Yingling

  7. #47
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    Re: If a man wants to ban interracial marriage, does that make him a bigot or a racis

    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    No, it's a valid comparison.
    I disagree, Interacial marriages introduce further genetic diversity and the increased possiblity of evolutionary combinations/mutations that may improve man-kind. Homosexual marriage or even acts cannot introduce anything. Interacial marriages can contribute to genetic the future, Homosexual marriages cannot, they only apply to the desires and wants of the current generation of participants.

  8. #48
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: If a man wants to ban interracial marriage, does that make him a bigot or a racis

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    I disagree, Interacial marriages introduce further genetic diversity and the increased possiblity of evolutionary combinations/mutations that may improve man-kind. Homosexual marriage or even acts cannot introduce anything. Interacial marriages can contribute to genetic the future, Homosexual marriages cannot, they only apply to the desires and wants of the current generation of participants.
    1) Marriage isn't necessarily about reproduction - by that logic infertile couples and couples who do not wish to have children shouldn't have the right to marry.

    2) Gays can have children and still contribute to the gene pool of the future through artificial insemination, in vitro, and/or surrogacy.

    3) And, either way, even if homosexuals aren't contributing to the gene pool of the future, then what harm does it do to give them marriage equality?

    Bottom line is, this isn't an argument about genes or reproduction. It's an argument about rights, equality, discrimination, and justice.
    Last edited by StillBallin75; 08-04-12 at 12:57 PM.
    Nobody who wins a war indulges in a bifurcated definition of victory. War is a political act; victory and defeat have meaning only in political terms. A country incapable of achieving its political objectives at an acceptable cost is losing the war, regardless of battlefield events.

    Bifurcating victory (e.g. winning militarily, losing politically) is a useful salve for defeated armies. The "stab in the back" narrative helped take the sting out of failure for German generals after WWI and their American counterparts after Vietnam.

    All the same, it's nonsense. To paraphrase Vince Lombardi, show me a political loser, and I'll show you a loser.
    - Colonel Paul Yingling

  9. #49
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,792

    Re: If a man wants to ban interracial marriage, does that make him a bigot or a racis

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    What group do you think is being discriminated against here?
    Anyone who wants to be married to more than one person at a time, of course. You're the one who is claiming that polygamists don't deserve to be married to as many people as they want to be. I'm just pointing out that this is the exact same argument made by anti-gay crusaders (they can marry anyone of the opposite sex) or potentially by anti-interracial advocates (they can marry anyone of the same race). If you want equality of rights, why does it stop at how many consenting adults want to marry?
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  10. #50
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: If a man wants to ban interracial marriage, does that make him a bigot or a racis

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    Nice attempt at a straw man to link interracial marriage with SSM.

    The two are completely different.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •