View Poll Results: Who would win?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Obama

    40 60.61%
  • Romney

    26 39.39%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 77

Thread: August Prediction Poll! Who will win - Obama or Romney?

  1. #31
    Student GJ Flash's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 10:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    196
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: August Prediction Poll! Who will win - Obama or Romney?

    Quote Originally Posted by OnWisconsin View Post
    A. Most of this isn't fact, it is your own biased opinion.
    Right. Saddam isn't dead. And the post I was responding to isn't biased opinion either.

    Quote Originally Posted by OnWisconsin View Post
    Obama has little to no effect on gas prices. Opec and the speculation markets control gas prices, and if I'm not mistaken, the president isn't one of them.
    Which is exactly what you said when gas prices balooned under Bush, right? Something you should know about supply and demand: If supply is up, prices drop. Obama has all but outlawed drilling anywhere near America, does that fact a)help or b)hurt prices?

    Quote Originally Posted by OnWisconsin View Post
    The housing crisis was a direct result of not enough regulation on the banks and wallstreet. Glass Steagall was killed under the Clinton administration with strong support from Allan Greenspan. (who later said he regretted it)
    Agreed. I was on top of the real estate bubble in 2006, and the problem from where I sat was the mountain of foreclosures. Foreclosures caused by banks making loans to people who couldn't afford them, because to not give those people mortgages was somehow equated to racism.

    Quote Originally Posted by OnWisconsin View Post
    Bush is at fault for 9:11 for ignoring every single major ally that was sending us giant red flags months before 9:11, saying that there was an eminent attack going to happen on or around 9:11. Instead he ignored it and went on Vacation.
    And he's also at fault FOR listening to those same allies when they were warning us about Saddam. Because of course he was.
    Do you know how many "credible" threats our intelligence services receive? Lots. And lots.

    Quote Originally Posted by OnWisconsin View Post
    Bush's failure under Katrina is quite obvious. He did was he has always done, stood there with a stupid look on his face when he should have been taking action... At least act like you give a ****.. seriously.
    I DO give a ****. It was terrifying to see how many people had have become so dependant on Government that they couldn't even move out of the way when the threat was imminent, unless the Government did it for them, and then blamed the Government for an act of nature anyway. I don't seem to recall anyone placing ANY blame on the hyper-liberal (and hyper-racist) Mayor of New Orleans, though.

    Quote Originally Posted by OnWisconsin View Post
    I believe that Obama reauthorizing the Patriot act is directly related to the fact that we are still at war with the enemy that we created it for. Or it has just become so much of the status-quo that there is no hope of ever getting rid of it.
    Obama reauthorized the Patriot Act, and yet it's still Bush's fault? Ah.

    Quote Originally Posted by OnWisconsin View Post
    There is a beauty in a second term, You don't have to worry about reelection.
    Yeah, Obama will have "more flexibility after the election." The thought is terrifying.

  2. #32
    Educator OnWisconsin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    04-07-16 @ 02:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    710

    Re: August Prediction Poll! Who will win - Obama or Romney?

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    You say this, but in you'r list of 'Bush failures', listed the price of oil. I'll leave that up to others to figure out what it means.



    Of course not, but considering how poorly both have been doing for a long time in terms of following the Constitution and working for the people, we might have less damage done without any of them.
    that wasn't my list buddy
    Am I not destroying my enemies when I make friends of them?
    - Abraham Lincoln

    Before the war is ended, the war party assumes the divine right to denounce and silence all opposition to war as unpatriotic and cowardly.
    - Robert M. LaFollette, Wisconsin Governor and U.S. Senator

    God, how patient are Thy poor! These corporations and masters of manipulation in finance heaping up great fortunes by a system of legalized extortion,
    and then exacting from the contributors--to whom a little means so much--a double share to guard the treasure!
    - Robert M. LaFollette, Wisconsin Governor and U.S. Senator

  3. #33
    Educator OnWisconsin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    04-07-16 @ 02:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    710

    Re: August Prediction Poll! Who will win - Obama or Romney?

    [QUOTE=GJ Flash;1060758267]Right. Saddam isn't dead. And the post I was responding to isn't biased opinion either.


    Which is exactly what you said when gas prices balooned under Bush, right? Something you should know about supply and demand: If supply is up, prices drop. Obama has all but outlawed drilling anywhere near America, does that fact a)help or b)hurt prices?/QUOTE]



    I think you are being a little bit too defensive.

    When the price rose under Bush I said the exact same thing, because I am not an idiot who thinks otherwise.

    PolitiFact Florida | Did Obama policies on Alaska, Solyndra and Keystone contribute to today's high gas prices?

    PolitiFact | Obama says new miles of pipeline could stretch around the earth
    Am I not destroying my enemies when I make friends of them?
    - Abraham Lincoln

    Before the war is ended, the war party assumes the divine right to denounce and silence all opposition to war as unpatriotic and cowardly.
    - Robert M. LaFollette, Wisconsin Governor and U.S. Senator

    God, how patient are Thy poor! These corporations and masters of manipulation in finance heaping up great fortunes by a system of legalized extortion,
    and then exacting from the contributors--to whom a little means so much--a double share to guard the treasure!
    - Robert M. LaFollette, Wisconsin Governor and U.S. Senator

  4. #34
    Sage
    Arbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    07-12-16 @ 01:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,395
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: August Prediction Poll! Who will win - Obama or Romney?

    Quote Originally Posted by OnWisconsin View Post
    that wasn't my list buddy
    Ah you are correct, it was a different progressive/liberal. Sorry, all you extremists, on both sides, look alike to me.
    "nah i think the way cons want to turn this into a political issue is funny though" - Philly Boss

  5. #35
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:19 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,000

    Re: August Prediction Poll! Who will win - Obama or Romney?

    Romney will win after spending more in the last month on negative ads than McCain spent in the last campaign.

    The GOP will keep the House and take the Senate. We will have one party extremist government in Washington. While the Republicans will not gain a 60 vote super majority in the Senate, to many Dems will show they have no cojones and allow the extremists to bend them over the table at will.... and then make them say thank you.... and they will.

    Romney will be happy to just be there in the job looking presidential. He will go along with everything the wing nuts in Congress send him and sign it with a big broad smile on his face.

    Corporations will begin to again make record profits while the middle class gets shafted.

    Much of the political progress of the 20th century will be repealed and we will be on the Road to Serfdom.
    Last edited by haymarket; 08-03-12 at 05:51 PM.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  6. #36
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,076

    Re: August Prediction Poll! Who will win - Obama or Romney?

    Why all the white washing of history?

    Quote Originally Posted by GJ Flash View Post
    Not that I want to re-argue Bush's record with any Liberal (you guys have gone way, WAY off the deep end on this subject), but you should probably know some facts:

    1. Saddam: Dead. Taliban: Neutralized. Not really seeing the failure.
    Oh good, it only cost us nearly a trillion dollars and 4,000 soldiers. A-Okay I guess.

    2. Gas price when Obama took office: $1.79. Now: 3.59. More than double. Obama increased gas prices more than Carter did, ffs.
    Yes gas prices were low because we were in a full blown depression.

    3. The housing crisis was Bush's fault? Really? How do arrive at that “logic”?
    No, but his handling of it was terrible.

    4. A repeat of #1, and you're forgetting that the wars were approved by the vast majority of Democrats as well as the American People.
    Which means what? His record on it was ****.

    5. That's Bush's fault too, eh? Seven (7) months into his Presidency? Does Clinton share any of the blame for dismantling our intelligence services during his term? One last question, is Bush STILL to blame for Obama's failures, almost four years later? I thought so.
    Huh? Learn to make a concise statement that makes some sort of sense.

    6. Hahahahahahaha. Yeah, Kagan and the Sotomayor are legal rock stars. SCOTUS insiders say that The Wise Latina can barely write. Yay, affirmative action.
    Harriet Miers Supreme Court nomination - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Miers had clerked for the Chief Judge of the United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas, but had never served as a judge. She had neither taught nor written to any substantial extent on law. In private practice, as a corporate litigator, Miers had courtroom experience, but a scant and undistinguished track record of litigating in federal court (almost none litigating constitutional issues), and had never argued a case before the Supreme Court.
    7. Plame affair? Really? Obama's White House is leaking classified information like a sieve, according to Diane Fienstein. So.
    Hearsay doesn't mean much. So.... Wait - I don't get it. You complain about blaming Bush for Clinton's supposed failure, but you deflect to Obama or Clinton whenever examining Bush's record? Hypocrite much?

    8. Yes, we all know Bush created Katrina (and Rita) with his super-secret hurricane gun that Dick Cheney made in his laboratory. We also know that welfare recipients have no responsibility or obligation to get off the effing couch and get the hell out of the way when a natural disaster is on the way.
    Pst, his record on the issue is what is being questioned here.

    9. The Patriot Act came up for renewal, didn't it? How did that turn out? Obama vetoed it because it was so wrong and heinous and eeevil, didn't he? Didn't he?
    We're talking about Bush and you deflect to Obama. Why is this?

    All this is irrelevant, though
    Yes, most of your responses have been irrelevant to the discussiom

    , because Bush isn't on the ballot. Neither are his policies. Obama had four full years (half of them with a majority in both houses and a near monopoloy on the propaganda machine that USED to be the news). How's he doing?

    Obama had his chance, and failed miserably. We all saw it, although some choose not to.
    I say Bush is a bigger failure and instead of examining Bush's record, you repeat Obama like 37 times. K. Thanks for playing.
    Last edited by Hatuey; 08-04-12 at 03:12 PM.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  7. #37
    Sage
    Arbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    07-12-16 @ 01:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,395
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: August Prediction Poll! Who will win - Obama or Romney?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Yes gas prices were low because we were in a full blown depression.
    Um, let me get this right, gas prices were low, less than half of what they are now, because we were in a depression the day Bush left office. But now prices are twice as high... let me guess.. because the economy is booming?

    What insanity...
    "nah i think the way cons want to turn this into a political issue is funny though" - Philly Boss

  8. #38
    #NeverTrump
    a351's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Space Coast
    Last Seen
    09-09-17 @ 08:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,902

    Re: August Prediction Poll! Who will win - Obama or Romney?

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    Um, let me get this right, gas prices were low, less than half of what they are now, because we were in a depression the day Bush left office.

    But now prices are twice as high... let me guess.. because the economy is booming?

    What insanity...
    Yes.

    No, because the economy has been growing at a quasi normal pace for quite some time now, thus returning prices to pre-recession levels. You may remember that gas prices were hovering around $4.00 a scant few months before the housing collapse.

    Hardly.

  9. #39
    Sage
    Arbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    07-12-16 @ 01:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,395
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: August Prediction Poll! Who will win - Obama or Romney?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hare View Post
    Yes.

    No, because the economy has been growing at a quasi normal pace for quite some time now, thus returning prices to pre-recession levels. You may remember that gas prices were hovering around $4.00 a scant few months before the housing collapse.

    Hardly.
    If the economy grows at a pace in 3 1/2 years, that allows for gas prices to DOUBLE, then we are not in a depression, and we are not in a recession, we are in booming times that make any other prosperous time look mild.
    "nah i think the way cons want to turn this into a political issue is funny though" - Philly Boss

  10. #40
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:12 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,341
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: August Prediction Poll! Who will win - Obama or Romney?

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    If the economy grows at a pace in 3 1/2 years, that allows for gas prices to DOUBLE, then we are not in a depression, and we are not in a recession, we are in booming times that make any other prosperous time look mild.
    That is assuming that the only effect on gas prices is GDP growth, which is not true. However, GDP growth, and more importantly economic health do have a great effect on gas prices.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •