View Poll Results: If a man states I favor tradiional marriage does that make him a bigot or a homophobe

Voters
101. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    24 23.76%
  • No

    77 76.24%
Page 6 of 44 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 432

Thread: If a man states I favor tradiional marriage does that make him a bigot or a homophobe

  1. #51
    Finite and Precious
    Jredbaron96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    With you.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    7,874
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: If a man states I favor tradiional marriage does that make him a bigot or a homop

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Did that happen? Any other non-fact you want to bring up?
    Depends. Are you gonna keep using logical fallacies to support your argument, or are you actually going to post some reasoning?

    Either Put Up or Shut up.
    "Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough."
    -FDR

  2. #52
    Anti-Hypocrite
    molten_dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Southeast Michigan
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,351

    Re: If a man states I favor tradiional marriage does that make him a bigot or a homop

    Saying you support traditional marriage does not necessarily make you a bigot or a homophobe. Some people who say that are bigoted or homophobic, but not all. Most are simply misguided or ignorant.
    If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.

    If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

  3. #53
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,277

    Re: If a man states I favor tradiional marriage does that make him a bigot or a homop

    Quote Originally Posted by Jredbaron96 View Post
    Depends. Are you gonna keep using logical fallacies to support your argument, or are you actually going to post some reasoning?

    Either Put Up or Shut up.
    I don't have an argument, I was just making a comment. You're the one that's gone into mouthfoaming mode over someone's comment.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  4. #54
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    2,800

    Re: If a man states I favor tradiional marriage does that make him a bigot or a homop

    "I favor traditional marriage" is just a euphemism for i dislike gays and gay marriage
    Men do what they have to when they want to, Great men do what they have to, even when they don't want to.

  5. #55
    Sage
    SmokeAndMirrors's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    RVA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,147

    Re: If a man states I favor tradiional marriage does that make him a bigot or a homop

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I

    With all due respect I believe the question is pretty clear............It means any person be it man or woman.
    I still am not clear on what you mean. Do you mean, he favors traditional marriage for everyone?

    If that is what you mean, then there's still a distinction to be made. Does he believe that's what's "right," but he isn't bothered if gay marriage is legal? Or does he mean that he wants gay marriage to be illegal?

    People can believe whatever they like. There are plenty of things I disagree with, but don't wish to be illegal. However, at the point at which they actively wish to limit other people's freedom of lifestyle, then it can be considered bigotry.

  6. #56
    Finite and Precious
    Jredbaron96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    With you.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    7,874
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: If a man states I favor tradiional marriage does that make him a bigot or a homop

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    I don't have an argument,
    You never do.

    I was just making a comment.
    Based on a logical fallacy.


    You're the one that's gone into mouthfoaming mode over someone's comment.
    Is that how you debate? Accuse the other one of being 'mad'?
    "Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough."
    -FDR

  7. #57
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: If a man states I favor tradiional marriage does that make him a bigot or a homop

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    the OP question is irrelevant. because of the equal protection clause, if heterosexuals can have a legal marriage, then homosexuals are guaranteed the same right. someone has the right to find that distasteful, but he or she doesn't have the right to deny rights to others. not to mention the fact that "traditional" marriage can be defined in a variety of ways.

    in 50 years, we'll probably look back on this period as we now look back on the debates about interracial marriage.
    Can you honestly say that when the people who crafted the 14th amendment were doing it to protect Gay Marriage?
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  8. #58
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,104

    Re: If a man states I favor tradiional marriage does that make him a bigot or a homop

    Quote Originally Posted by German guy View Post
    Not necessarily. I prefer traditional marriage too -- for myself.

    But the moment you start telling other people how they are supposed to live, even support discrimination against them, then it is bigotry.
    that is not correct - we put all kinds of markers down on how people should live.

    that being said, such is not really at issue here, as no one is using government to tell homosexuals how to live.




    the "support for traditional marriage = homophobic bigotry" argument carries about as much water as the "opposition to Obama = racism" or "opposition to Israeli settlements = anti-semitism" cards. all three are an attempt to use stigma to win an argument rather than sound reason.

  9. #59
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: If a man states I favor tradiional marriage does that make him a bigot or a homop

    Quote Originally Posted by Hare View Post
    Well, the word of God itself describes him as both condoning and personally carrying out the killing of quite a few homosexuals, so that's a rather safe assumption.
    He killed a bunch of them when he destroyed Sodom but that is another thread and again you lefties are getting off the topic of the poll.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  10. #60
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: If a man states I favor tradiional marriage does that make him a bigot or a homop

    Quote Originally Posted by molten_dragon View Post
    Saying you support traditional marriage does not necessarily make you a bigot or a homophobe. Some people who say that are bigoted or homophobic, but not all. Most are simply misguided or ignorant.
    Only in your mind.............
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

Page 6 of 44 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •