View Poll Results: Do you think water boarding is torture?

Voters
147. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    114 77.55%
  • No

    33 22.45%
Page 44 of 57 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
Results 431 to 440 of 564

Thread: Do you think water boarding is torture?[W:453]

  1. #431
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Do you think water boarding is torture?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Safe? Well, prisners have died. Not sure if from waterboarding, but from our techniques. .
    and trainees have died in basic training. what's your point?
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  2. #432
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Do you think water boarding is torture?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Actually, no that isn't the purpose. We know everyone will break. The purpose is to give you a taste to help prepare you for you might face. And to let you know you can lie, but will eventually face the consequences of that.
    since you haven't been throught the "training" you again have no idea what the purpose is. links to publically accessible website propaganda pages are meaningless.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  3. #433
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Do you think water boarding is torture?

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    since you haven't been throught the "training" you again have no idea what the purpose is. links to publically accessible website propaganda pages are meaningless.
    Again, first ahnd is not the only way to know something. Between us, I'm the one who has present actual evidence. And that evidence includes the purpose, clearly state, but those in positions to know.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #434
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Do you think water boarding is torture?

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    and trainees have died in basic training. what's your point?
    Not through torture. Sorry. You're trying to make an apple to tree frog comparison.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #435
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Long Island, New York
    Last Seen
    10-12-14 @ 05:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    407

    Re: Do you think water boarding is torture?

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    you are entitled to your opinion that waterboarding is torture.
    It is a fact that it is torture, not an opinion, Section 2340 of Title 18 in the United States Code defines torture as:

    As used in this chapter -
    (1) "torture" means an act committed by a person acting under
    the color of law specifically intended to inflict severe physical
    or mental pain or suffering
    (other than pain or suffering
    incidental to lawful sanctions) upon another person within his
    custody or physical control;
    (2) "severe mental pain or suffering" means the prolonged
    mental harm caused by or resulting from
    -
    (A) the intentional infliction or threatened infliction of
    severe physical pain or suffering
    ;
    (B) the administration or application, or threatened
    administration or application, of mind-altering substances or
    other procedures calculated to disrupt profoundly the senses or
    the personality;
    (C) the threat of imminent death; or
    (D) the threat that another person will imminently be
    subjected to death, severe physical pain or suffering, or the
    administration or application of mind-altering substances or
    other procedures calculated to disrupt profoundly the senses or
    personality; and

    (3) "United States" means the several States of the United
    States, the District of Columbia, and the commonwealths,
    territories, and possessions of the United States.
    And the Bill of Rights specifically states:

    "Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted"
    So it is torture. If there's a law somewhere that states otherwise, please correct me.

    --





  6. #436
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    12,784

    Re: Do you think water boarding is torture?

    "A man you can bait with a tweet is not a man we can trust with nuclear weapons." --Hillary Rodham Clinton
    "Innocent until proven guilty is for criminal convictions, not elections." --Mitt Romney

  7. #437
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Do you think water boarding is torture?

    I say do whatever it takes if the info you get can save American Lives.........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  8. #438
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Do you think water boarding is torture?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I say do whatever it takes if the info you get can save American Lives.........
    Anything? I've asked you before. Do you have a line you will not cross?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #439
    Finite and Precious
    Jredbaron96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    With you.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    7,883
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Do you think water boarding is torture?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    They have no loved one held by a terrorist who might have his or head chopped off.......
    Oh really? You have the political lean of every relative to an induvivual who has been captured by a terrorist?
    "Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough."
    -FDR

  10. #440
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Do you think water boarding is torture?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Yes, they did and do. They explain how they designed the perameters and how far they can go. And they are more knowledgable that you. So, while you think well of yourself, you ahve nto offered anything we can verifiy.
    How did they know what it was like to be waterboarded IRL?

Page 44 of 57 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •