View Poll Results: Do you think water boarding is torture?

Voters
147. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    114 77.55%
  • No

    33 22.45%
Page 41 of 57 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 410 of 564

Thread: Do you think water boarding is torture?[W:453]

  1. #401
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Do you think water boarding is torture?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    If you're speaking of SERE, you have not. You have been asked to explain and provide details. You have not responded with any. Your perception of what you faced is not equal to you actually facing it.
    I was strapped to an inclined table with a cloth over my face and had water poured over it over a period of several hours. I lost count of the number of times that I lost consciousness but it was more than a few. is that enough details for you?
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  2. #402
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Do you think water boarding is torture?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorgasm View Post
    Yeah, I understand that. Do they have to promote them though?
    **** up, move up. I have personally seen incompetant asswipes get promoted so that their current command could get rid of them.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  3. #403
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Do you think water boarding is torture?

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    I was strapped to an inclined table with a cloth over my face and had water poured over it over a period of several hours. I lost count of the number of times that I lost consciousness but it was more than a few. is that enough details for you?
    Would you say you're the rule for all of the service and not the exception? If so, do you have anything that will collaborate that claim?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #404
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,198

    Re: Do you think water boarding is torture?

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    I was strapped to an inclined table with a cloth over my face and had water poured over it over a period of several hours. I lost count of the number of times that I lost consciousness but it was more than a few. is that enough details for you?
    Several hours? Do they do this to everyone for that long? It seems like that would take a long time or you would have some unqualified people around doing the waterboarding and not enough medical personnel.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  5. #405
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Do you think water boarding is torture?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Would you say you're the rule for all of the service and not the exception? If so, do you have anything that will collaborate that claim?
    irrelevant to your claim that I had not been through the real deal. It left no lasting physical effects, I was not "traumatized" for life. despite all the handwringing and bedwetting over it, waterboarding is not torture. you want to know about torture, talk to some of the vietnam POWs.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  6. #406
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Do you think water boarding is torture?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorgasm View Post
    Several hours? Do they do this to everyone for that long? It seems like that would take a long time or you would have some unqualified people around doing the waterboarding and not enough medical personnel.
    not everyone gets every training the military has to offer. there are certain trainings that only a select few are required to take. it's not like BMT or AIT where there are hundreds and thousands of trainees
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  7. #407
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,198

    Re: Do you think water boarding is torture?

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    not everyone gets every training the military has to offer. there are certain trainings that only a select few are required to take. it's not like BMT or AIT where there are hundreds and thousands of trainees
    A good number go through SERE training though.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  8. #408
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Do you think water boarding is torture?

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    irrelevant to your claim that I had not been through the real deal. It left no lasting physical effects, I was not "traumatized" for life. despite all the handwringing and bedwetting over it, waterboarding is not torture. you want to know about torture, talk to some of the vietnam POWs.
    Let's be clear here, you only have made a claim, one that we can't verify here. My claim is in relation to SERE and what is done. IF you were an acception, that would not make my claim invalid. The point refers to SERE in general.

    And yes, VN POWs faced much, much more than anyone in SERE training ever did. But that too means very little to this discussion.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #409
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Do you think water boarding is torture?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorgasm View Post
    A good number go through SERE training though.
    About 6,500 students go through the seven SERE courses each year.

    USAF SERE - Survival School, Fairchild AFB

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #410
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Do you think water boarding is torture?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorgasm View Post
    A good number go through SERE training though.
    there are different kinds and levels of SERE training
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

Page 41 of 57 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •