View Poll Results: Do you think water boarding is torture?

Voters
147. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    114 77.55%
  • No

    33 22.45%
Page 38 of 57 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
Results 371 to 380 of 564

Thread: Do you think water boarding is torture?[W:453]

  1. #371
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Do you think water boarding is torture?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    But you haven't had the entire deal, the real deal. See above discussion and links I've posted on it.
    you have no ****ing clue what I have or have not had. so your "opinion" is less than worthless
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  2. #372
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Do you think water boarding is torture?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You know, reading is not a bad thing. This is how many people learn things. This is one of the reasons education is suffering, because parents say reading doesn't lead to knowledge. However, the point is I point to people who knew BOTH. You only know one.
    Well, you might try a little more reading, as I clearly said I new hundreds. Further in the reading you'll find that I have read what you've read and experienced what you haven't.

    No, they understand both. They had to in order to create the program, to know where to stop so that you were not damaged. I'm sorry, but you're looking for away to ignore those who know more than you do. You expect people to just accept that you're accurate, providing nothing beyond you. Nowhere is that good enough. You simply don't have enough experience in either having experienced both, or studied both. Nowhere are you a recognized expert.
    They didn't create the program...it's funny though that you say they understood what I can't understand because neither I nor them have experienced "both". Cognitive dissonance they name is Boo.

  3. #373
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Do you think water boarding is torture?

    While I do think it's torture, is it justifiable? It's not as though we are cutting of fingers, popping of finger joints with sharp knives, or slowly stripping flesh. Millions of lives could be saved preventatively by applying waterboarding. To those who are against it, what if your loved ones could be protected through these measures? If my parents were saved due to making a man feel like he's drowning for a little while, I would be secure knowing that my loved ones and others were safe.

    Life isn't peaches and sunshine and happiness.

    There are those out there who want to kill you and the rest of you. If waterboarding is a more reasonable means of assuring our safety then so be it.

  4. #374
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Do you think water boarding is torture?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Well, you might try a little more reading, as I clearly said I new hundreds. Further in the reading you'll find that I have read what you've read and experienced what you haven't.
    You know hundreds who only know one. They don't know the other, thus can't compare. Sorry, but you're missing the point.

    They didn't create the program...it's funny though that you say they understood what I can't understand because neither I nor them have experienced "both". Cognitive dissonance they name is Boo.
    They did head the program yes, and yes they KNOW both.

    If anyone has cognitive dissonance here it is you. You're dancing all around the point. And have offered nothing to support your claim.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #375
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Do you think water boarding is torture?

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    you have no ****ing clue what I have or have not had. so your "opinion" is less than worthless
    BY all means, show when you've been held captive by an enemy and waterborded. Show that, and I'll admit my mistake. Absent that, I would be correct.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #376
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Do you think water boarding is torture?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    BY all means, show when you've been held captive by an enemy and waterborded. Show that, and I'll admit my mistake. Absent that, I would be correct.
    as i said, you have no idea what has or has not happened to me and I have no inclination to rehash certain things with anyone.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  7. #377
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Do you think water boarding is torture?

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    as i said, you have no idea what has or has not happened to me and I have no inclination to rehash certain things with anyone.
    True, which is why I repeat: BY all means, show when you've been held captive by an enemy and waterborded. Show that, and I'll admit my mistake. Absent that, I would be correct.

    I certainly mean no disrespect, but in a discussion of this nature, where we really don't knwo each other and can't verifiy anything said, this is the only way it can be.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #378
    Anti political parties
    FreedomFromAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Mexico USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:34 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,040

    Re: Do you think water boarding is torture?

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    you have no ****ing clue what I have or have not had. so your "opinion" is less than worthless
    True but then the same could be said about your claim.

  9. #379
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Do you think water boarding is torture?

    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFromAll View Post
    True but then the same could be said about your claim.
    wrongo boyo. I have been waterboarded...have you? and not during some mamby pamby politically correct BS experiment designed to prove a point. contrary to boo's claims I have been thru the "real deal". no "safe words", no panic button, no tapping out. it was continued until you either talked or lost consciousness. and then they woke you up and continued. done by some of the same guys who "tortured" those poor innocent terrorists at GITMO.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  10. #380
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Do you think water boarding is torture?

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    wrongo boyo. I have been waterboarded...have you? and not during some mamby pamby politically correct BS experiment designed to prove a point. contrary to boo's claims I have been thru the "real deal". no "safe words", no panic button, no tapping out. it was continued until you either talked or lost consciousness. and then they woke you up and continued. done by some of the same guys who "tortured" those poor innocent terrorists at GITMO.
    Details and support. It's not unreasonable to ask for that.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 38 of 57 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •