View Poll Results: Do you think water boarding is torture?

Voters
147. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    114 77.55%
  • No

    33 22.45%
Page 36 of 57 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
Results 351 to 360 of 564

Thread: Do you think water boarding is torture?[W:453]

  1. #351
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Do you think water boarding is torture?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You can go off all you want, but that isn't evidence.
    I don't care if it's evidence or not, I'm telling you what I know from personal experience with the subject. You can ignore that if you want, but it is what it is.

    And you last snetence said this: Navy SERE schools is a personal friend of over 20 years. I assumed SEL was one and this sentence was the other. But, not a name, no link, nothing verifable.
    You mean this sentence?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    In fact, the current SEL of one of the two Navy SERE schools is a personal friend of over 20 years.
    I dare say it's clearer than your sentence referencing my sentence. Now, would you like me to post his SSN and address? You don't have any reason to discount what I say about my own personal experience.

    I have supported my claim. You have not. ANd running off mad won't change that. We have testinmony before congress, very much verifiable, and it supports my claim and not yours. Sorry.
    All you've done is regurgitate an opinion. Someone else's.

  2. #352
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Do you think water boarding is torture?

    Now, Boo, so we're clear, I don't endorse the use of waterboarding in interrogations. Mainly because the American people are against it, and they have every right to dictate the actions of their government's agents. However, I don't now, nor ever will agree with the exaggerated description of torture in regard to it. Just like most of us that have been through it.

  3. #353
    Sage
    Oozlefinch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    State of Jefferson
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    11,370

    Re: Do you think water boarding is torture?

    The issue to me is not as much "is it torture", but "why should I care"?

    Look, things like this are always subjective. We place prisoners in general population, and people scream it is inhumane. We put them in solitary, this also is inhumane. No matter what, people will always scream and cry and whine, so I simply ignore most of them. When these individuals start to show 1/10th of the concern of the prisoners we hold of theirs, to the prisoners they hold of ours, then I might actually give a flying fig.

    War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. - John Stuart Mill

  4. #354
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Do you think water boarding is torture?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Now, Boo, so we're clear, I don't endorse the use of waterboarding in interrogations. Mainly because the American people are against it, and they have every right to dictate the actions of their government's agents. However, I don't now, nor ever will agree with the exaggerated description of torture in regard to it. Just like most of us that have been through it.

    I don't mean to be persistent, but the evidence says you haven't. Those who know were brought before congress. They gave their testimony. And they said, no me, not democrats, not liberals, but those who ran the program, set teh ruels, they said you did not.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #355
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Do you think water boarding is torture?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    I don't care if it's evidence or not, I'm telling you what I know from personal experience with the subject. You can ignore that if you want, but it is what it is.
    And I'm telling you you cannot possibly know unless you done both.

    You mean this sentence?
    Not the way it came up on my screen.


    All you've done is regurgitate an opinion. Someone else's.
    A qualified opinion. One that knows both what is doen in interrorgation and what you were subjected to. The creators and adminsitrators of the program.
    Last edited by Boo Radley; 08-07-12 at 09:46 PM.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #356
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Do you think water boarding is torture?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I don't mean to be persistent, but the evidence says you haven't. Those who know were brought before congress. They gave their testimony. And they said, no me, not democrats, not liberals, but those who ran the program, set teh ruels, they said you did not.
    The evidence says I have. I am the evidence.

    And for the last time: SERE is not one program run by one person or even a few people. Nor was designed by one person or a few people.

  7. #357
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Do you think water boarding is torture?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    And I'm telling you you cannot possibly know unless you done both.
    Well, you've done neither...

    Not the way it came up on my screen.
    The original is still there...get your "screen" checked.

    A qualified opinion. One that knows both what is doen in interrorgation and what you were subjected to. The creators and adminsitrators of the program.
    Qualified, sure, but just an opinion. One of many.

  8. #358
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Do you think water boarding is torture?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    The evidence says I have. I am the evidence.

    And for the last time: SERE is not one program run by one person or even a few people. Nor was designed by one person or a few people.
    I understand, but it has a head, it has a procedure, and way of doing things, and the military is very good at doing it just they way they are told to. You as one individual, having only experienced that rpogram, cannot possibly know if it is the same. Those who know both, set up the program, made the ground rules, say you are wrong. It is simple and verifiable. You've offered nothing that meets that standard. Sorry.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #359
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Do you think water boarding is torture?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Well, you've done neither...
    I haven't walked on the moon without a space suit either, but I know I need one if I go there.

    The original is still there...get your "screen" checked.
    I did, and it comes up broken up as a separate sentence. But it is a minor thing. Not anythign I'm worried about either way.

    Qualified, sure, but just an opinion. One of many.
    No, opinions are nto created equal. Those who know more, and explan clearly why are better than those that know less and don't remotely address the issue at hand. Agian, You cannot possibley know if they are the same unless you've experienced both.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #360
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Do you think water boarding is torture?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I understand, but it has a head, it has a procedure, and way of doing things, and the military is very good at doing it just they way they are told to. You as one individual, having only experienced that rpogram, cannot possibly know if it is the same. Those who know both, set up the program, made the ground rules, say you are wrong. It is simple and verifiable. You've offered nothing that meets that standard. Sorry.
    No, it doesn't. Each service has it's own SERE programs run, led, managed and owned entirely by the individual service and tailored to that services needs/directives.

Page 36 of 57 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •