View Poll Results: Do you think water boarding is torture?

Voters
147. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    114 77.55%
  • No

    33 22.45%
Page 34 of 57 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 564

Thread: Do you think water boarding is torture?[W:453]

  1. #331
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Do you think water boarding is torture?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    The only difference is that it was "real". There was no little voice in the back of the subject's head saying, "They aren't going to kill me." Other than that, waterboarding is waterboarding. The effect the same "in training" and "in real life". Neither of which you know anything about.
    Didn't need a voice, you knew it. You ahd support, the event was limited, every was monditoring you and concerned for your well being. A completely different situation. Unless and until you're captured by an enemy and go through it then, your experience is not the same. It was, as they testified before congress, nothing but a taste.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #332
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Do you think water boarding is torture?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Didn't need a voice, you knew it. You ahd support, the event was limited, every was monditoring you and concerned for your well being. A completely different situation. Unless and until you're captured by an enemy and go through it then, your experience is not the same. It was, as they testified before congress, nothing but a taste.

    It was the same treatment, with the same physical effect. Unless and until you've done either, you're just blathering.

  3. #333
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Do you think water boarding is torture?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    It was the same treatment, with the same physical effect. Unless and until you've done either, you're just blathering.
    No, that is false and shown so before congress by those who ran it. You are simply ignore the evidence that proves you wrong. As an individual, you cannot have the entire picture with only your personal experience.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #334
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Do you think water boarding is torture?

    Its easy for a Liberal to say water boarding is torture...It does not affect them......If it did they might be singing a different tune.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  5. #335
    Finite and Precious
    Jredbaron96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    With you.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    7,874
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Do you think water boarding is torture?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Its easy for a Liberal to say water boarding is torture...It does not affect them......If it did they might be singing a different tune.
    What do you mean "it doesn't affect them?"
    "Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough."
    -FDR

  6. #336
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Do you think water boarding is torture?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No, that is false and shown so before congress by those who ran it. You are simply ignore the evidence that proves you wrong. As an individual, you cannot have the entire picture with only your personal experience.
    No, you've simply latched hold of a sound bite you think proves your position....makes perfect sense, since you have no first hand knowledge.

  7. #337
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Do you think water boarding is torture?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jredbaron96 View Post
    What do you mean "it doesn't affect them?"
    They have no loved one held by a terrorist who might have his or head chopped off.......
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  8. #338
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Do you think water boarding is torture?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    No, you've simply latched hold of a sound bite you think proves your position....makes perfect sense, since you have no first hand knowledge.
    MNo, I haven't. Over the years I've read much on it. I point to congressional testimony, linking all of it because it is on point. I also point the person who designed the program, ran it, testified, and wrote a book on it. I've supported my position fully. You have not.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #339
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Do you think water boarding is torture?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    They have no loved one held by a terrorist who might have his or head chopped off.......
    How do you know? Seriously?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #340
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: Do you think water boarding is torture?

    I think most people know it is torture. The better question would be is this type of torture acceptable?
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


Page 34 of 57 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •