View Poll Results: Do you think water boarding is torture?

Voters
147. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    114 77.55%
  • No

    33 22.45%
Page 33 of 57 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 564

Thread: Do you think water boarding is torture?[W:453]

  1. #321
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Do you think water boarding is torture?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No offense, but you haven't. Those who run the program have stated clearly before congress they only give a taste and not the real thing. Sorry.
    I have, and there is no "water boarding program". Nobody "runs it".

  2. #322
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Do you think water boarding is torture?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    I have, and there is no "water boarding program". Nobody "runs it".
    SERE. ANd they do use a slight touch of waterboarding, and I've linked them saying it isn't the same. I'm sorry, but you likely only think you have.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #323
    Resident Martian ;)
    PirateMk1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    9,921

    Re: Do you think water boarding is torture?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    SERE. ANd they do use a slight touch of waterboarding, and I've linked them saying it isn't the same. I'm sorry, but you likely only think you have.
    For the record waterboarding is in fact torture as defined by The Inquistion spanish and otherwise. Its considered a 3rd degree torture tecnique. As for its utility thats debateble. I personally think it should be against the law to use it.
    Semper Fidelis, Semper Liber.
    I spit at lots of people through my computer screen. Not only does it "teach them a lesson" but it keeps the screen clean and shiny.
    Stolen fair and square from the Capt. Courtesey himself.

  4. #324
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Do you think water boarding is torture?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    SERE. ANd they do use a slight touch of waterboarding, and I've linked them saying it isn't the same. I'm sorry, but you likely only think you have.
    Oh, boo.

    Waterboarding is a trick. A cloth is placed over the face and then water is poured on it, inducing the feeling of drowning. That is what happened to me and that is what happened to the detainees. There is no "slight touch of waterbaording."

    Now, you can go on opinions from the internet. I'll go on everything you have access to, a lot you don't have access to, and actual expirience with the subject matter.

    Now, I'm sorry, but you likely only think you know what you're talking about.

  5. #325
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    Re: Do you think water boarding is torture?

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    It's a precise analogy. If you're the type of person for whom the ends justify the means, then you might torture or murder or what have you to get your way. Other people recognize an objective morality where the ends do not justify immoral means.
    Which choice you make says a lot about you as a person
    There are moral implications whichever side of this issue you're on. It's a little sad to me that your "side" so easily dismisses that.

    BTW, when did some of you start believing that there is such a thing as an objective morality? That's actually kinda nice to see. I guess some "absolutes" and some "black and white thinking" is ok after all.
    Last edited by X Factor; 08-07-12 at 10:24 AM.

  6. #326
    Professor
    zstep18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Last Seen
    02-24-14 @ 02:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,770

    Re: Do you think water boarding is torture?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    If water boarding could save one life I say go for it.......
    If we start using the rationale then there is no limit to how we justify our actions.

  7. #327
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Do you think water boarding is torture?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Oh, boo.

    Waterboarding is a trick. A cloth is placed over the face and then water is poured on it, inducing the feeling of drowning. That is what happened to me and that is what happened to the detainees. There is no "slight touch of waterbaording."

    Now, you can go on opinions from the internet. I'll go on everything you have access to, a lot you don't have access to, and actual expirience with the subject matter.

    Now, I'm sorry, but you likely only think you know what you're talking about.
    It wasn't "the internet" jr. It was from those who design the program. You're being disingenuous to cover your error.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #328
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Do you think water boarding is torture?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    It wasn't "the internet" jr. It was from those who design the program. You're being disingenuous to cover your error.
    You are being disengenious by claiming anything more than secondhand and cursory knowledge of the issue.

  9. #329
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Do you think water boarding is torture?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    You are being disengenious by claiming anything more than secondhand and cursory knowledge of the issue.
    Hardly. The invented the program, ran the program, and spell out speifically how it is different. I'm sorry you want to pretend otherwise, but this is the case. The facts are simply against you.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #330
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Do you think water boarding is torture?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Hardly. The invented the program, ran the program, and spell out speifically how it is different. I'm sorry you want to pretend otherwise, but this is the case. The facts are simply against you.
    The only difference is that it was "real". There was no little voice in the back of the subject's head saying, "They aren't going to kill me." Other than that, waterboarding is waterboarding. The effect the same "in training" and "in real life". Neither of which you know anything about.

Page 33 of 57 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •