View Poll Results: is cbo reliable

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • im right wing and cbo is accurate

    1 5.26%
  • im left wing and cbo is accurate

    5 26.32%
  • im independant or no opinion and its accurate

    2 10.53%
  • im right wing and i think its inaccurate

    0 0%
  • im liberal and i think its inaccurate

    0 0%
  • im independant and i think its inaccurate

    2 10.53%
  • why should i care

    1 5.26%
  • other

    9 47.37%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 68

Thread: is cbo a reliable source.

  1. #31
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:56 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,472

    Re: is cbo a reliable source.

    Quote Originally Posted by beerftw View Post
    didnt you just say im mad cuz they didnt provide answers i liked,now you say they are bipartisan,still no proof of accurasy.
    So you don't have anything better or more accurate than the CBO, is that it? Thats what I thought...sour grapes.

  2. #32
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:11 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: is cbo a reliable source.

    Quote Originally Posted by beerftw View Post
    but how can an organization make such difference,they should have been able to have a true cost from the start,not well release it as we realize true cost vs visualized cost.

    that backs my point,someone can grab any of the multiple cbo estimates and say it backs their point.cbo is not accurate or fact,its simply estimates.cbo also has a bad tendancy of not including any variables and considering everything constant(see bush tax cut math)
    CBO makes projections based on best data. What is gas going to cost next month? Who knows, but we can make an educated guess. If the cost of gas is part of a projection, the difference between actual and projected then needs to be figured in when the next projection is made. That is why I chose "other" as my poll option. No, the CBO is not 100 % accurate. However, it is the best projection we are going to get. They will, more often than not, be more accurate than any other place that does those type projections.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #33
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:11 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: is cbo a reliable source.

    Quote Originally Posted by beerftw View Post
    on obamacare one.


    on stimulous spending 2.

    both completly 180 off from eachother on cbo projections,read the op,not what you want to read.
    You did not document anything in the OP, you just made claims.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #34
    defected to kekistan
    beerftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    kekistan
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 01:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    13,376

    Re: is cbo a reliable source.

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    So you don't have anything better or more accurate than the CBO, is that it? Thats what I thought...sour grapes.
    i do,i used the treasury dept in another thread and an unnamed liberal argued it was inaccurate and his cbo estimates were more accurate(treasury dept defied his argument).

    but please cite A SINGLE EXAMPLE CBO WAS CORRECT OR EVEN CLOSE
    “[The metric system is the tool of the Devil! My car gets forty rods to the hogshead, and that’s the way I likes it!” – Abe “Grampa” Simpson”

  5. #35
    defected to kekistan
    beerftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    kekistan
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 01:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    13,376

    Re: is cbo a reliable source.

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    You did not document anything in the OP, you just made claims.
    you want me to google cbo claims??i figured everyone would spend 4 seconds doing it but if people are that lazy i will do it.
    “[The metric system is the tool of the Devil! My car gets forty rods to the hogshead, and that’s the way I likes it!” – Abe “Grampa” Simpson”

  6. #36
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: is cbo a reliable source.

    Quote Originally Posted by beerftw View Post
    on obamacare one.


    on stimulous spending 2.

    both completly 180 off from eachother on cbo projections,read the op,not what you want to read.
    Can i ask you a question?
    What other group organization was close?
    They do the best they can with the data they have.


  7. #37
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:11 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: is cbo a reliable source.

    Quote Originally Posted by beerftw View Post
    you want me to google cbo claims??i figured everyone would spend 4 seconds doing it but if people are that lazy i will do it.
    Well, since one of your claims has already blown up in your face since you did not know the difference between net and gross, you know what, it might be a good idea to actually document your claims instead of expecting others to do your homework for you.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #38
    defected to kekistan
    beerftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    kekistan
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 01:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    13,376

    Re: is cbo a reliable source.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Can i ask you a question?
    What other group organization was close?
    They do the best they can with the data they have.
    my point is a system that estimates cant be used as fact,though alot do.



    also to note 4mil jobs lost estimate was off,cbo actually said 800k jobs lost,my drunkenness confused it with another cbo number,my bad bros,other points still stand.
    “[The metric system is the tool of the Devil! My car gets forty rods to the hogshead, and that’s the way I likes it!” – Abe “Grampa” Simpson”

  9. #39
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: is cbo a reliable source.

    Quote Originally Posted by beerftw View Post
    my point is a system that estimates cant be used as fact,though alot do.
    Well when people use them they usually say something along the lines of "the CBO projects"


  10. #40
    defected to kekistan
    beerftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    kekistan
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 01:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    13,376

    Re: is cbo a reliable source.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Well when people use them they usually say something along the lines of "the CBO projects"
    no i can name one die hard leftwing and one diehard rightwinger who both believe them fact,and others who blindly follow it.

    im gonna continuethis in the mornin,imtoo drunk to pay attention and kinda gluedtomy tv.
    “[The metric system is the tool of the Devil! My car gets forty rods to the hogshead, and that’s the way I likes it!” – Abe “Grampa” Simpson”

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •