View Poll Results: is cbo reliable

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • im right wing and cbo is accurate

    1 5.26%
  • im left wing and cbo is accurate

    5 26.32%
  • im independant or no opinion and its accurate

    2 10.53%
  • im right wing and i think its inaccurate

    0 0%
  • im liberal and i think its inaccurate

    0 0%
  • im independant and i think its inaccurate

    2 10.53%
  • why should i care

    1 5.26%
  • other

    9 47.37%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 68

Thread: is cbo a reliable source.

  1. #21
    defected to kekistan
    beerftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    kekistan
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 01:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    13,376

    Re: is cbo a reliable source.

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Has congress asked them to? CBO | our processes

    Basically, if congress has not asked them to go back and look, they won't.
    that proves even further their math is inaccurate,

    ill gladly take them as a source for estimates,but not for a source of facts.

    estimates are easily disproven,facts are not,i started this thread because someone called cbo reliable and accurate and undisputable.
    “[The metric system is the tool of the Devil! My car gets forty rods to the hogshead, and that’s the way I likes it!” – Abe “Grampa” Simpson”

  2. #22
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: is cbo a reliable source.

    Quote Originally Posted by beerftw View Post
    that proves even further their math is inaccurate,

    ill gladly take them as a source for estimates,but not for a source of facts.

    estimates are easily disproven,facts are not,i started this thread because someone called cbo reliable and accurate and undisputable.
    Actually it does not. You are claiming the cost, which in this case is gross cost, and comparing with with the old cost which was net cost. Their numbers actually changed very little percentagewise.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #23
    defected to kekistan
    beerftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    kekistan
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 01:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    13,376

    Re: is cbo a reliable source.

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    The interesting thing about the CBO is that whenever they don't back up one sides arguement, then of course they must be biased and wrong. You are good example of this in action.
    quite funny,they have backed liberals and conservatives on and off,as pointed out oin the op and after.

    you just proves you read the title and decided your own opinion without reading what was said.
    “[The metric system is the tool of the Devil! My car gets forty rods to the hogshead, and that’s the way I likes it!” – Abe “Grampa” Simpson”

  4. #24
    defected to kekistan
    beerftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    kekistan
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 01:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    13,376

    Re: is cbo a reliable source.

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Actually it does not. You are claiming the cost, which in this case is gross cost, and comparing with with the old cost which was net cost. Their numbers actually changed very little percentagewise.
    so saving money to costing over a trillion is net vs gross,sounds like extreme incompetence.

    again this organization said obamacare will cost 4 million jobs,enough to cause a chain reaction and throw us into a depression,how can you call that accurate??????????
    “[The metric system is the tool of the Devil! My car gets forty rods to the hogshead, and that’s the way I likes it!” – Abe “Grampa” Simpson”

  5. #25
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: is cbo a reliable source.

    Quote Originally Posted by beerftw View Post
    so saving money to costing over a trillion is net vs gross,sounds like extreme incompetence.

    again this organization said obamacare will cost 4 million jobs,enough to cause a chain reaction and throw us into a depression,how can you call that accurate??????????
    If something has a cost of 1 dollar, and a savings of a buck and a quarter, it saves money, but costs a dollar. See the problem. A bunch of savings and revenue increasers where included in ACA to offset to total cost and make it save money(over 10 years). SO when you say they projected it saving money it was figuring both halves into the equation. When you say costing over a trillion, you are figuring just one side of the equation in.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #26
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:56 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,472

    Re: is cbo a reliable source.

    Quote Originally Posted by beerftw View Post
    that proves even further their math is inaccurate,

    ill gladly take them as a source for estimates,but not for a source of facts.

    estimates are easily disproven,facts are not,i started this thread because someone called cbo reliable and accurate and undisputable.
    The policy makers use the non-partisan CBO to make legislation, so if its good enough for them, then why isn't it good enough for you? I'd like to know what you have that is so much better?

  7. #27
    defected to kekistan
    beerftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    kekistan
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 01:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    13,376

    Re: is cbo a reliable source.

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    The policy makers use the non-partisan CBO to make legislation, so if its good enough for them, then why isn't it good enough for you? I'd like to know what you have that is so much better?
    didnt you just say im mad cuz they didnt provide answers i liked,now you say they are bipartisan,still no proof of accurasy.
    “[The metric system is the tool of the Devil! My car gets forty rods to the hogshead, and that’s the way I likes it!” – Abe “Grampa” Simpson”

  8. #28
    defected to kekistan
    beerftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    kekistan
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 01:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    13,376

    Re: is cbo a reliable source.

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    If something has a cost of 1 dollar, and a savings of a buck and a quarter, it saves money, but costs a dollar. See the problem. A bunch of savings and revenue increasers where included in ACA to offset to total cost and make it save money(over 10 years). SO when you say they projected it saving money it was figuring both halves into the equation. When you say costing over a trillion, you are figuring just one side of the equation in.
    but how can an organization make such difference,they should have been able to have a true cost from the start,not well release it as we realize true cost vs visualized cost.

    that backs my point,someone can grab any of the multiple cbo estimates and say it backs their point.cbo is not accurate or fact,its simply estimates.cbo also has a bad tendancy of not including any variables and considering everything constant(see bush tax cut math)
    “[The metric system is the tool of the Devil! My car gets forty rods to the hogshead, and that’s the way I likes it!” – Abe “Grampa” Simpson”

  9. #29
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: is cbo a reliable source.

    Quote Originally Posted by beerftw View Post
    they change projections as often as romney flip flops,how is that not innaccurate,
    Projections are sometime innaccurate. Your focusing on one projection...

    especially since until the supreme court ruling,nothing in obama care changed,yet cbo findings 180'd eachother constantly.how can results vary so much from something that hasnt changed.
    Your still focusing on one thing...
    Your basing your whole understanding on one fault projection?

    on another note how can you call an organization that estimates a reliable source????
    Becuase the projections are often accurate.


  10. #30
    defected to kekistan
    beerftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    kekistan
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 01:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    13,376

    Re: is cbo a reliable source.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Projections are sometime innaccurate. Your focusing on one projection...



    Your still focusing on one thing...
    Your basing your whole understanding on one fault projection?


    Becuase the projections are often accurate.
    on obamacare one.


    on stimulous spending 2.

    both completly 180 off from eachother on cbo projections,read the op,not what you want to read.
    “[The metric system is the tool of the Devil! My car gets forty rods to the hogshead, and that’s the way I likes it!” – Abe “Grampa” Simpson”

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •