View Poll Results: Would you own an assault Rifle? Why?

Voters
135. You may not vote on this poll
  • No! Only crazies own assault rifles.

    15 11.11%
  • No, they are too expensive!

    7 5.19%
  • No, no need to.

    41 30.37%
  • Yes, for self defense

    44 32.59%
  • Yes, for recreation and sport

    52 38.52%
  • Yes, to perform my patriotic duty if the nation is invaded

    43 31.85%
  • Yes, because it's my constiutional right

    45 33.33%
  • Yes, because I'm one of the CRAZIES!!! hahahahaha

    15 11.11%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 9 of 89 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 888

Thread: Why would you own an assault rifle?

  1. #81
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,809

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    I voted no, I have no need. Being afraid of one's own shadow, is the only reason I can think of why someone would have an assault rifle.
    That is pretty consistent with what I thought would be posted. That merely demonstrates how little you know about the shooting sports

  2. #82
    Only Losers H8 Capitalism
    Spartacus FPV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    In your echo chamber
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    12,893

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    I voted no, I have no need. Being afraid of one's own shadow, is the only reason I can think of why someone would have an assault rifle.
    Are you calling our military cowards?

    The only cowards here are those afraid of guns, gun owners, and would never engage in self defense because its "dangerous."
    Haymarket's "support" of the 2nd Amendment, a right he believes we never had.
    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    no. You cannot lose rights you do not have in the first place. There is no such thing as the right to have any weapon of your choice regardless of any other consideration. It simply does not exist.

  3. #83
    Pragmatist
    SouthernDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    KC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,423

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lachean View Post
    The reasons why prohibition doesn't work are the same, and unless you can convince all owners in the world to melt them down you're dealing with a product that is easily maintained and not consumed like drugs are.
    Look, I am not for "gun control" at all. I think you have a constitutional right to own firearms. However, if "gun prohibition" doesnt work, then why do we have such high gun related homicide rates compared to other developed nations with stronger gun control? All I am saying is that the gun nuts out there have gotten so irrational in the last 20 years that you can't even propose something reasonable like banning high capacity magazines. You can't drive a formula one car on the street, but you can buy a 100 round magazine. Oddly enough, there is no huge black market for formula one cars even though lots of people love fast cars.
    "You're the only person that decides how far you'll go and what you're capable of." - Ben Saunders (Explorer and Endurance Athlete)

  4. #84
    Only Losers H8 Capitalism
    Spartacus FPV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    In your echo chamber
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    12,893

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    Look, I am not for "gun control" at all. I think you have a constitutional right to own firearms. However, if "gun prohibition" doesnt work, then why do we have such high gun related homicide rates compared to other developed nations with stronger gun control? All I am saying is that the gun nuts out there have gotten so irrational in the last 20 years that you can't even propose something reasonable like banning high capacity magazines. You can't drive a formula one car on the street, but you can buy a 100 round magazine. Oddly enough, there is no huge black market for formula one cars even though lots of people love fast cars.
    You can however own these cars, and take them to the track. Where its safe and legal to use them. Same goes for guns.

    There is no reason I can't have my 25 round mags for my little Ruger 10/22.
    Last edited by Spartacus FPV; 07-27-12 at 10:41 PM.
    Haymarket's "support" of the 2nd Amendment, a right he believes we never had.
    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    no. You cannot lose rights you do not have in the first place. There is no such thing as the right to have any weapon of your choice regardless of any other consideration. It simply does not exist.

  5. #85
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,809

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    turtledude
    rather than assert that he has no basis to interject that argument
    why not explain for us why his proposal is unrealistic
    1) there are over a billion "high capacity" (we call them normal capacity) magazines in the world. even in countries that ban them the military and the police buy hundreds of thousands each year. they are not fitted with serial numbers and most have no date of manufacturer (the USA ban resulted in many mags being stamped FOR LAW ENFORCEMENT ONLY-I own dozens that were sold after the ban) so if they were to be banned there are billions overseas. One of the things dealers did during the idiotic clinton ban was to offer police departments trade ins

    the cops would get brand new "banned" magazines for old ones that the dealers could sell at inflated prices to the non LEO buyers.

    anyone who understands the issue understands that a ban would be ineffective if old mags were grandfathered

    no one would want to make owning a pre ban mag illegal-it would get lots of people killed

  6. #86
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    Combine the assault rifle with your computer gear. Man, an AI controlled AR would be cool.
    Already being cooked up.

    Prototype Quadrotor with Machine Gun! - YouTube

  7. #87
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,739

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    Paducah Kentucky 1997 Weapon of choice: .22caliber Lugar handgun

    San Ysidro 1984 Uzi semi-automatic (a Winchester pump-action 12-gauge shotgun, and a 9 mm Browning HP in the restaurant, killing 21 people and wounding 19 others. All low capacity. Total rounds fired 297.

    Oregon, 1998 a 9mm Glock 19 pistol, a Ruger .22-calibersemi-automatic rifle, and a .22-caliber Ruger MK II pistol. He was carrying 1,127 rounds of ammunition All low capacity weapons.

    This is just round...I dont know...whatever...for the typical dance in the blood of the victims to pass SOME sort of gun laws bull****. Magazine capacity is irrelevant when it comes to an individual and the will to kill. Of particular note in the Colorado shooting...doods 'assault rifle' jammed and that high capacity magazine was worthless. He still managed to shoot a whole lot of unarmed vulnerable victims.

  8. #88
    Pragmatist
    SouthernDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    KC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,423

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lachean View Post
    You can however own these cars, and take them to the track. Where its safe and legal to use them. Same goes for guns.
    Actually, no you can't, not without a sufficient racing license. Which you will have to qualify for and go through quite a process to get before you could even own a Formula 1 car. Not the case with a high capacity magazine.
    "You're the only person that decides how far you'll go and what you're capable of." - Ben Saunders (Explorer and Endurance Athlete)

  9. #89
    Only Losers H8 Capitalism
    Spartacus FPV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    In your echo chamber
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    12,893

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    Actually, no you can't, not without a sufficient racing license. Which you will have to qualify for and go through quite a process to get before you could even own a Formula 1 car. Not the case with a high capacity magazine.
    Unless you're suggesting we license people for high cap mags your point is irrelevant.
    Haymarket's "support" of the 2nd Amendment, a right he believes we never had.
    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    no. You cannot lose rights you do not have in the first place. There is no such thing as the right to have any weapon of your choice regardless of any other consideration. It simply does not exist.

  10. #90
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,809

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    Actually, no you can't, not without a sufficient racing license. Which you will have to qualify for and go through quite a process to get before you could even own a Formula 1 car. Not the case with a high capacity magazine.
    LOL what idiocy. race cars are not issued to civilian employees of local governments. there is no constitutional amendment for McClarens.


    only supreme ignorance or dishonesty thinks a 20 round magazine is OK but a 30 is not or 10 is good and 20 bad

Page 9 of 89 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •