View Poll Results: Would you own an assault Rifle? Why?

Voters
135. You may not vote on this poll
  • No! Only crazies own assault rifles.

    15 11.11%
  • No, they are too expensive!

    7 5.19%
  • No, no need to.

    41 30.37%
  • Yes, for self defense

    44 32.59%
  • Yes, for recreation and sport

    52 38.52%
  • Yes, to perform my patriotic duty if the nation is invaded

    43 31.85%
  • Yes, because it's my constiutional right

    45 33.33%
  • Yes, because I'm one of the CRAZIES!!! hahahahaha

    15 11.11%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 85 of 89 FirstFirst ... 35758384858687 ... LastLast
Results 841 to 850 of 888

Thread: Why would you own an assault rifle?

  1. #841
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    It isn't the gun, it is the user that is a problem.
    Exactly why we shouldn't sell guns to criminals and the insane. As documented, we have the highest rate of intentional homicides committed by firearms of all the wealthy populous nations!

    What is your case for selling guns to criminals and the insane?
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  2. #842
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you lay a turd of a post and that is the best you can do. FDR had many socialist cravings. and I love how forefather starts with the New Deal for you. Its illegal for crazy people as determined by the courts to possess weapons, same with criminals

    you want laws that hassle people like me because I don't buy into your aging peacenik pillow headed utopian welfare psychobabble
    Criminals and the insane are buying guns to do their killing, how do you suggest we restrict their ability to buy them? That is the question.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  3. #843
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Exactly why we shouldn't sell guns to criminals and the insane.
    Already illegal, so why harp on it?
    As documented, we have the highest rate of intentional homicides committed by firearms of all the wealthy populous nations!
    Homicide isn't criminal. Murder, manslaughter and suicide are, so stop dodging and answer the question. What are the criminal usage rates, I don't give two ****s about "intentional homicide" if it was a suicide or defensive shooting, I also don't care about negligible discharges resulting in the owner shooting himself, I want YOU to answer for the criminal statistices ONLY with actual numbers or drop the issue.
    What is your case for selling guns to criminals and the insane?
    Great strawman! I've never said they should be sold to.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  4. #844
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Already illegal, so why harp on it?
    Because the means to prevent criminals and the insane from legally buying guns is obviously not working.


    Homicide isn't criminal.
    Homicide is killing another human. The statistics show that more humans are killed intentionally with firearms in the US than in any other wealthy nation.


    I've never said they should be sold to.
    Then you don't oppose laws to reduce the number of criminals and the insane purchasing guns.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  5. #845
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Because the means to prevent criminals and the insane from legally buying guns is obviously not working.
    That is ultimately the fault of those not enforcing it, adding more control never does anything.




    Homicide is killing another human. The statistics show that more humans are killed intentionally with firearms in the US than in any other wealthy nation.
    And this is a bull**** answer. I gave you a specific question for a specific reason. Homicide is not a crime nor is it always unjustified, I asked you for criminal activity. Is there a specific reason you are trying to dodge? I know the numbers already BTW and if you post them it weakens your argument.



    Then you don't oppose laws to reduce the number of criminals and the insane purchasing guns.
    No, but those laws must pass necessary and proper AND they must not be overly broad, they cannot harass people without a compelling reason. Current law is a little overbroad but then again it isn't written by people who actually know anything about the issue.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  6. #846
    Professor
    Billy the Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 02:29 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,449

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    Quote Originally Posted by friday View Post
    Recently, A Democrat senator suggested that he has no idea why anyone would need to have an assault rifle. His ignorance is the premise of his decision to limit the 2nd amendment. To me the answer is pretty easy.

    I would own an assault reason for the exact same reason I would own a superfast sports car that is built to exceed legal speed limits. So that if the Chinese drilling off our coast where we are not allowed to ever decided to sneak soldiers and nukes into the gulf instead of oil rig workers and equipment and invaded Florida blitzkrieg style, I'd have a chance of getting out alive.

    Seriously though, would you own an assault rifle? And if so, why?

    Yup. I don't have one, but if I saw a needed or a desire to, I would want to be able to purchase one.
    "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy; it's inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." Winston Churchill

  7. #847
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    That is ultimately the fault of those not enforcing it, adding more control never does anything.
    What do you think could be done to enforce the prevention of criminals and the insane from legally being able to buy guns?




    And this is a bull**** answer. I gave you a specific question for a specific reason. Homicide is not a crime nor is it always unjustified, I asked you for criminal activity. Is there a specific reason you are trying to dodge? I know the numbers already BTW and if you post them it weakens your argument.
    The fact remains, no matter how you try to spin it, that the US kills more humans intentionally with firearms than any other wealthy populous nation.



    No, but those laws must pass necessary and proper AND they must not be overly broad, they cannot harass people without a compelling reason. Current law is a little overbroad but then again it isn't written by people who actually know anything about the issue.
    What threat to responsible gun owners are more stringent background checks to help prevent criminals and the insane from purchasing guns?
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  8. #848
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,615

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Criminals and the insane are buying guns to do their killing, how do you suggest we restrict their ability to buy them? That is the question.
    people buy dope all the time too so complete bans don't work

    The best we can do is to get rid of victim disarmament zones

  9. #849
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,615

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    What do you think could be done to enforce the prevention of criminals and the insane from legally being able to buy guns?






    The fact remains, no matter how you try to spin it, that the US kills more humans intentionally with firearms than any other wealthy populous nation.





    What threat to responsible gun owners are more stringent background checks to help prevent criminals and the insane from purchasing guns?
    and what you ignore is that other nations ban guns and restrict sales and yet see their rates of violence with guns increase while we liberalize carry laws and get rid of idiotic bans on guns in some high density population areas and CRIME GOES DOWN


    so you can whine and rant about gun violence but we know one thing

    leftwing laws don't help

    they make things WORSE

  10. #850
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    and what you ignore is that other nations ban guns and restrict sales and yet see their rates of violence with guns increase while we liberalize carry laws and get rid of idiotic bans on guns in some high density population areas and CRIME GOES DOWN


    so you can whine and rant about gun violence but we know one thing

    leftwing laws don't help

    they make things WORSE
    We were 12th overall in national gun deaths, but the ironic thing is that the other 11 have oppressive gun control legislation. We were behind just to name a few, Mexico, Brazil, and South Africa, all of which have some of the most draconian gun law on the globe. That was total criminal, defensive, and accidental and most of which in the U.S. indeed were suicides.

    As well if we took out criminal on criminal violence and put into it's own catagory those numbers would change dramatically. Plus it's interesting that anti-gunners only want to include "gun deaths" when comparing against international statistics, especially when overall murder rates are not favorable to many heavy ban countries.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

Page 85 of 89 FirstFirst ... 35758384858687 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •