View Poll Results: Would you own an assault Rifle? Why?

Voters
135. You may not vote on this poll
  • No! Only crazies own assault rifles.

    15 11.11%
  • No, they are too expensive!

    7 5.19%
  • No, no need to.

    41 30.37%
  • Yes, for self defense

    44 32.59%
  • Yes, for recreation and sport

    52 38.52%
  • Yes, to perform my patriotic duty if the nation is invaded

    43 31.85%
  • Yes, because it's my constiutional right

    45 33.33%
  • Yes, because I'm one of the CRAZIES!!! hahahahaha

    15 11.11%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 79 of 89 FirstFirst ... 29697778798081 ... LastLast
Results 781 to 790 of 888

Thread: Why would you own an assault rifle?

  1. #781
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    Since you love your chart, here is some more data for you

    Gun Control


    And your point is???
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  2. #782
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,561

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    wow a far left gun hating idiot from a left wing think tank who doesn't think there is any "need" to own guns and ignores the obvious facts

    as gun ownership among honest people increase in the USA-crime GOES DOWN

    as ENGLAND BANNED GUNS crime went UP

    asking an economist about guns is like reading Guns and Ammo to learn about macro economics

  3. #783
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 07:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,237

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    And your point is???
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  4. #784
    Anti political parties
    FreedomFromAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Mexico USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,040

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    I don't, you have misread the discussion, and/or misinterpreted the cartoon.
    The cartoon can indeed be viewed to have the opposite meanings. It just depends on your own bias. I would call it an psychological illusion kind of like those optical illusions that look like a young girl to some people or a old hag to others.

  5. #785
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:42 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,609

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    You don't want to deal with the facts because the real facts are pretty hard on the anti gun emotoblathering that the left oozes.

    the fact is-every mass shooting I can think of occurred in an area where the victims were not able to carry guns
    All I have done is dealt with the facts. And we need much more in the way of facts - particularly about the new SATAN hoisted before us - gun free zones.

    We need to know how much of America is a gun free zone?

    Are gun free zones really gun free or is that label a misnomer and inaccurate?

    What is the murder and crime rate like in gun free zones compared to non gun free zones?

    Has the designation of certain areas as gun free zones lowered the crime rate or murder rate?

    Simply to rail that gun free zones are bad without actual data and reliable information is highly misleading and does a great disservice to any honest discussion.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  6. #786
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 07:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,237

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    All I have done is dealt with the facts. And we need much more in the way of facts - particularly about the new SATAN hoisted before us - gun free zones.

    We need to know how much of America is a gun free zone?

    Are gun free zones really gun free or is that label a misnomer and inaccurate?

    What is the murder and crime rate like in gun free zones compared to non gun free zones?

    Has the designation of certain areas as gun free zones lowered the crime rate or murder rate?

    Simply to rail that gun free zones are bad without actual data and reliable information is highly misleading and does a great disservice to any honest discussion.
    Are you getting religion, man?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  7. #787
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,561

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    All I have done is dealt with the facts. And we need much more in the way of facts - particularly about the new SATAN hoisted before us - gun free zones.

    We need to know how much of America is a gun free zone?

    Are gun free zones really gun free or is that label a misnomer and inaccurate?

    What is the murder and crime rate like in gun free zones compared to non gun free zones?

    Has the designation of certain areas as gun free zones lowered the crime rate or murder rate?

    Simply to rail that gun free zones are bad without actual data and reliable information is highly misleading and does a great disservice to any honest discussion.
    every major mass shooting I can think of took place in an area-be it due to city or state laws or landlord's rules-where honest people were not legally armed.


    I guess those who hate the fact that gun owners-and more importantly-gun owner advocacy groups tend to vote against the people who push welfare socialism, income redistribution and other collectivist nonsense.

    what we do know is that there is absolutely NO evidence that the gun control laws mainly dem politicians push for make anyone other than criminals safer.


    Given there is almost no empirical evidence supporting the sort of gun restrictions your party pushes for, I can only assume that harassing honest gun owners is what motivates assholes like Lautenberg, McCarthy, Feinswine and other gun hating Democrats

  8. #788
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,561

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    It would be nice if those who want to restrict gun rights would be able to muster the sort of evidence they think we should even though we have demonstrated that gun free zones are the sites of almost every major mass shooting

    we all know that gun free zones only stop honest law abiding people from packing heat as well

    of course some would demand we prove that those who intend to kill others are somehow deterred by gun free zones

  9. #789
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    And your point is???
    Did you actually read through some of the data from that link? Or look at their charts?

    My point is that longrange data does not support your point of view. We once had very low gun murder rates and they have massively increased as greater controls were put on guns. Of course, that is not the complete picture, because there were many changes in our society during that time period.

    Want to go back further USA Homicide Rates

    Until 1903, weapon ownership was considered compulsory, look at the murder rate when pretty much every ablebodies male in the country had a weapon vs what happened afterwards. And since that ownership was compuslsor as part of the nation defence plans, it was military style weapons that many of them owned, today, that would be assault rifles, with high capacity magazines. Yes, there were big spikes during proabition and during the hayday of the war on drugs. During those times, the number of armed households were also lower than previous. Following WWII, there is a low, guess what, many of those soilders coming home owned guns and new how to use them.

  10. #790
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,561

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    Did you actually read through some of the data from that link? Or look at their charts?

    My point is that longrange data does not support your point of view. We once had very low gun murder rates and they have massively increased as greater controls were put on guns. Of course, that is not the complete picture, because there were many changes in our society during that time period.

    Want to go back further USA Homicide Rates

    Until 1903, weapon ownership was considered compulsory, look at the murder rate when pretty much every ablebodies male in the country had a weapon vs what happened afterwards. And since that ownership was compuslsor as part of the nation defence plans, it was military style weapons that many of them owned, today, that would be assault rifles, with high capacity magazines. Yes, there were big spikes during proabition and during the hayday of the war on drugs. During those times, the number of armed households were also lower than previous. Following WWII, there is a low, guess what, many of those soilders coming home owned guns and new how to use them.
    gun control was never intended to be crime control but ethnic control

    Klansman didn't want freed blacks having guns

    wasps didn't want "papists" having guns

    the Irish pols who ran NYC didn't want Italians having guns

    and once again, rich dems don't want poor whites or blacks having guns

Page 79 of 89 FirstFirst ... 29697778798081 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •