View Poll Results: Would you own an assault Rifle? Why?

Voters
135. You may not vote on this poll
  • No! Only crazies own assault rifles.

    15 11.11%
  • No, they are too expensive!

    7 5.19%
  • No, no need to.

    41 30.37%
  • Yes, for self defense

    44 32.59%
  • Yes, for recreation and sport

    52 38.52%
  • Yes, to perform my patriotic duty if the nation is invaded

    43 31.85%
  • Yes, because it's my constiutional right

    45 33.33%
  • Yes, because I'm one of the CRAZIES!!! hahahahaha

    15 11.11%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 78 of 89 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast
Results 771 to 780 of 888

Thread: Why would you own an assault rifle?

  1. #771
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Typical leftwing nonsense--blame the right not the killer
    I blame the killers, and our lax gun laws that allow the killers both in this country and in Mexico easy access to all the equipment they need for a massacre.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  2. #772
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    why do libs always ignore the most important fact in comparing apples to oranges

    they ban guns in England and their violent crime rate goes up

    we expand gun ownership and the carrying of weapons and crime goes down
    Apples to apples is comparing the US to other wealthy populous nations. As anyone can plainly see, England gun deaths are only a tiny fraction of ours per million population.

    The facts show we have the highest gun ownership rate of any of the wealthy populated countries, yet we have the highest intentional homicides rate by firearms by far.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  3. #773
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:19 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,622

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    well what we do know is that almost EVERY major case of active shooters have taken place in GUN FREE ZONES

    including

    Aurora
    Columbine

    Luby's (Killeen Texas)

    Stockton California (Patrick Purdy)

    U of Texas -Charles Whitman

    Virginia Tech

    McDonalds at San Ysidro (Huberty)


    Fort Hood Texas
    Simply stating that does precious little for a thorough understanding as to the designation and what it means for our society. We need much much more data.

    We need to know how much of America is a gun free zone?

    Are gun free zones really gun free or is that label a misnomer and inaccurate?

    What is the murder and crime rate like in gun free zones compared to non gun free zones?

    Has the designation of certain areas as gun free zones lowered the crime rate or murder rate?

    Simply to rail that gun free zones are bad without actual data and reliable information is highly misleading and does a great disservice to any honest discussion.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  4. #774
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    I don't, you have misread the discussion, and/or misinterpreted the cartoon.
    The cartoon emphasizes 'shall not be infringed' and shows dead people in a zone where the 2A is infringed. If you support the infringement of a gun-free zone in schools, then you support the dead adult in that cartoon not being able to defend the kids in his classroom, which is why they all died.

    The cartoon either supports school shootings, or sends the message for the need not to infringe on the 2A regarding schools because of school shootings.
    Last edited by Jerry; 08-03-12 at 07:23 AM.

  5. #775
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,561

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    I blame the killers, and our lax gun laws that allow the killers both in this country and in Mexico easy access to all the equipment they need for a massacre.
    That is a silly rant given Mexico has draconian gun laws

    you also fail to deal with

    England bans handguns-handgun violence increases


    we permit carrying handguns-violent crime decreases

    its pretty obvious you just don't like the politics of the pro gun movement

    they oppose the utopian pillow headed peacenik socialism you have advocated for years

  6. #776
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,561

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Simply stating that does precious little for a thorough understanding as to the designation and what it means for our society. We need much much more data.

    We need to know how much of America is a gun free zone?

    Are gun free zones really gun free or is that label a misnomer and inaccurate?

    What is the murder and crime rate like in gun free zones compared to non gun free zones?

    Has the designation of certain areas as gun free zones lowered the crime rate or murder rate?

    Simply to rail that gun free zones are bad without actual data and reliable information is highly misleading and does a great disservice to any honest discussion.

    You don't want to deal with the facts because the real facts are pretty hard on the anti gun emotoblathering that the left oozes.

    the fact is-every mass shooting I can think of occurred in an area where the victims were not able to carry guns

  7. #777
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    You don't want to deal with the facts because the real facts are pretty hard on the anti gun emotoblathering that the left oozes.

    the fact is-every mass shooting I can think of occurred in an area where the victims were not able to carry guns
    Methinks if an assault rifle ban to the mass's goes to scotus it will be upheld...everything im reading indicates that...scalias comment was more than eyeopening...him being if not the thee one of the most conservative justices.

    Having said that the main reason as I see it to own an assault rifle is to protect yourself against the rich and corporate far right nutter cheerleaders...that are trying to take the rest of our existence away out of Greedy Piggyness...

  8. #778
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    The cartoon emphasizes 'shall not be infringed' and shows dead people in a zone where the 2A is infringed. If you support the infringement of a gun-free zone in schools, then you support the dead adult in that cartoon not being able to defend the kids in his classroom, which is why they all died.

    The cartoon either supports school shootings, or sends the message for the need not to infringe on the 2A regarding schools because of school shootings.
    Definition of Satire - "noun 1. the use of irony, sarcasm, ridicule, or the like, in exposing, denouncing, or deriding vice, folly, etc.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  9. #779
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    That is a silly rant given Mexico has draconian gun laws

    you also fail to deal with

    England bans handguns-handgun violence increases


    we permit carrying handguns-violent crime decreases

    its pretty obvious you just don't like the politics of the pro gun movement

    they oppose the utopian pillow headed peacenik socialism you have advocated for years



    Aurora and the U.S. Obsession with Guns: Leadership Wanted to Fight Political Capture | Brookings Institution
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  10. #780
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    Since you love your chart, here is some more data for you

    Gun Control

Page 78 of 89 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •