View Poll Results: Would you own an assault Rifle? Why?

Voters
135. You may not vote on this poll
  • No! Only crazies own assault rifles.

    15 11.11%
  • No, they are too expensive!

    7 5.19%
  • No, no need to.

    41 30.37%
  • Yes, for self defense

    44 32.59%
  • Yes, for recreation and sport

    52 38.52%
  • Yes, to perform my patriotic duty if the nation is invaded

    43 31.85%
  • Yes, because it's my constiutional right

    45 33.33%
  • Yes, because I'm one of the CRAZIES!!! hahahahaha

    15 11.11%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 48 of 89 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
Results 471 to 480 of 888

Thread: Why would you own an assault rifle?

  1. #471
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,715

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    I believe if you will look at the other wealthy countries we are compared to, you will likely see much more homogenous populations, with less diversity. This has nothing to do with wealth.
    what you will also see is that our gun numbers (possession and carrying weapons) has gone way up and violent crime has gone down

    Britain that had negligible gun crime long before they started passing idiotic gun laws has seen its rate of gun violence go way up since bans.

  2. #472
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    this has to be a new low in the idiocy of a Thunder post

    a new nadir has been reached
    I take your failure to respond with substance as evidence that you have nothing of substance to respond with.

  3. #473
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,715

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    I take your failure to respond with substance as evidence that you have nothing of substance to respond with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    let me put this in plain English:

    nobody give a damn if they are deterred or not. The goal is to make it as hard as possible for them to acquire one, whether they respect the law or not.

    do you understand?

    or would you like us to pass an amendment to the law stating that it only pertains to criminals, and non-criminals are free to ignore it.

    would that satisfy you?
    you don't care about deterrence but you want to make it hard to get


    jeez do you realize how incredibly stupid that is?

    why cannot you answer an easy question

    if you are gonna run away from every question we have to assume your goal here is to clutter up threads that have messages you don't like


    sorry Thunder, we will keep our magazines because the schmucks are gonna get them anyway. Just because you live under the control of a castrating fascist in NYC doesn't mean the rest of us are gonna put up with being eunuchs

  4. #474
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    what you will also see is that our gun numbers (possession and carrying weapons) has gone way up and violent crime has gone down

    Britain that had negligible gun crime long before they started passing idiotic gun laws has seen its rate of gun violence go way up since bans.
    you have argued that we should't pass any more gun regulations, because criminals don't care about laws..so what's the point.

    well, many folks don't care about stop signs, or traffic signals, or cross-walks, or leash-laws, or turn-signal laws, or speed-limits, or seatbelt-rules.

    by your logic, we should simply due away with these laws, since some people ignore them. Is this your argument?

    we should do away with laws because some folks don't abide by them?

    we should only pass a law if we are sure that the target of the law will respect it????????

  5. #475
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,715

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    you have argued that we should't pass any more gun regulations, because criminals don't care about laws..so what's the point.

    well, many folks don't care about stop signs, or traffic signals, or cross-walks, or leash-laws, or turn-signal laws, or speed-limits, or seatbelt-rules.

    by your logic, we should simply due away with these laws, since some people ignore them. Is this your argument?

    we should do away with laws because some folks don't abide by them?
    what you fail to understand is that the laws you want to pass cause very obvious harm and have very ephemeral evidence of doing any good.

  6. #476
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    "the U.S. firearm homicide rate is about 20 times higher than in 22 other populous high-income countries combined, despite similar non-lethal crime and violence rates. Unsurprisingly then, they claim that in recent years, among 23 populous, high-income countries, 80 percent of all firearm deaths occurred in the United States. "
    You seem to be leaving out some pertinent information. Suicides are a high percentage of firearms-related deaths. Most homocides are occuring in inner cities and urban areas, where guns are often not obtained legally.

    from wiki:
    The majority of gun-related deaths in the United States are suicides,[5] with 17,352 (55.6%) of the total 31,224 firearm-related deaths in 2007 due to suicide, while 12,632 (40.5%) were homicide deaths.[6] In 2009, according to the UNODC, 60% of all homicides in the United States were perpetrated using a firearm.[7]

    People with a criminal record are also more likely to die as homicide victims.[12] Between 1990 and 1994, 75% of all homicide victims age 21 and younger in the city of Boston had a prior criminal record.[35] In Philadelphia, the percentage of those killed in gun homicides that had prior criminal records increased from 73% in 1985 to 93% in 1996.[12][36] In Richmond, Virginia, the risk of gunshot injury is 22 times higher for those males involved with crime
    Additionally, on the question of where guns used in crimes are coming from:



    http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/guns.htm

    Offenders


    According to the 1997 Survey of State Prison Inmates, among those possessing a gun, the source of the gun was from -


    a flea market or gun show for fewer than 2%
    a retail store or pawnshop for about 12%
    family, friends, a street buy, or an illegal source for 80%
    "God is the name by which I designate all things which cross my path violently and recklessly, all things which alter my plans and intentions, and change the course of my life, for better or for worse."
    -C G Jung

  7. #477
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    i think everyone saw you were schooled on this subject. If you look at that stat Goshin posted you will see no hispanics

    Hispanics are counted as whites in many studies


    Bureau of Justice Statistics Homicide trends in the U.S.: Trends by race

    the other day I bought my son a skeet gun. the dealer had a NEW form 4473 (and since I bought a pistol a month ago I know it was different)

    it used to be there were several boxes that you check-white, african american, asian etc

    now they have one specifically Latino or Non-latino

    interesting

    That changes nothing, except in highlighting your failure above. You can get rid of all the races except white, and we still have a higher homicide rate committed with firearms per 1 million population.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  8. #478
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    what you fail to understand is that the laws you want to pass cause very obvious harm and have very ephemeral evidence of doing any good.
    background checks....would cause HARM?????

    magazine size limits for handguns & rifles....would cause HARM???????

    a one handgun purchase per month limit....would cause HARM????


    please, tell us what HARM these regulations would cause.





  9. #479
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,715

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    You seem to be leaving out some pertinent information. Suicides are a high percentage of firearms-related deaths. Most homocides are occuring in inner cities and urban areas, where guns are often not obtained legally.

    from wiki:


    Additionally, on the question of where guns used in crimes are coming from:



    http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/guns.htm
    that sort of destroys all the teeth gnashing we have seen from some hysterics over gun shows. Its the same statistics I quoted. the crap about gun shows being a major source was a complete and TOTAL LIE

  10. #480
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    You seem to be leaving out some pertinent information. Suicides are a high percentage of firearms-related deaths. Most homocides are occuring in inner cities and urban areas, where guns are often not obtained legally.

    from wiki:


    Additionally, on the question of where guns used in crimes are coming from:



    http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/guns.htm

    Your points have already been addressed in my previous posts.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

Page 48 of 89 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •