View Poll Results: Would you own an assault Rifle? Why?

Voters
135. You may not vote on this poll
  • No! Only crazies own assault rifles.

    15 11.11%
  • No, they are too expensive!

    7 5.19%
  • No, no need to.

    41 30.37%
  • Yes, for self defense

    44 32.59%
  • Yes, for recreation and sport

    52 38.52%
  • Yes, to perform my patriotic duty if the nation is invaded

    43 31.85%
  • Yes, because it's my constiutional right

    45 33.33%
  • Yes, because I'm one of the CRAZIES!!! hahahahaha

    15 11.11%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 42 of 89 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
Results 411 to 420 of 888

Thread: Why would you own an assault rifle?

  1. #411
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,700

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    a couple points

    civil rights are not dependent on what some LEOs want

    if that were true there'd be no right to counsel, no Miranda

    secondly most LEOs oppose this

    in 1996 Janet Reno authorized a massive study of LEOs over the Brady bill and the clinton AWB. over 90% opposed both

    Needless to say the study was 86'd and never made it to the media

    any cop who doesn't want me owning a semi auto etc should not be issued one himself

    and yes cops are civilians-that has been proven and they have no greater right to self defense than I do

  2. #412
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,700

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    National Law Enforcement Partnership to Prevent Gun Violence.

    an anti gun group

    what other LAW ENFORCEMENT GROUPS were cited

    what idiocy

  3. #413
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    a couple points

    civil rights are not dependent on what some LEOs want

    if that were true there'd be no right to counsel, no Miranda

    secondly most LEOs oppose this

    in 1996 Janet Reno authorized a massive study of LEOs over the Brady bill and the clinton AWB. over 90% opposed both

    Needless to say the study was 86'd and never made it to the media

    any cop who doesn't want me owning a semi auto etc should not be issued one himself

    and yes cops are civilians-that has been proven and they have no greater right to self defense than I do
    Was that part of the same study that was supposed to start the FBI tracking whether guns used in crimes were purchased legally or illegally obtained, but was scrapped by the administration?

  4. #414
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,700

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    Was that part of the same study that was supposed to start the FBI tracking whether guns used in crimes were purchased legally or illegally obtained, but was scrapped by the administration?

    not that I am aware of.

    Clinton also engaged in the illegal "forward trace" where the ATF went to gun shops and traced all "assault weapons" just so they could say that those weapons were the most commonly "Traced" by the ATF
    then the clinton toadies would tell the press that such weapons were "the most traced" as if that would imply criminal misuse


    its like the Administration saying most of the guns in the Mexican drug wars are traced to the USA-that is because the ATF cannot trace those made in other countries that make up the majority of the cartels' weapons

  5. #415
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,692
    The "assault rifle" with the high capacity magazines malfunctioned. He used his shotgun and handgun as efficiently as Cho at VaTech.

  6. #416
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,700

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    The "assault rifle" with the high capacity magazines malfunctioned. He used his shotgun and handgun as efficiently as Cho at VaTech.
    bureaucops whining about guns are pathetic. they are usually the desk bound clowns with their noses half way up the rears of anti gun mayors or council members

  7. #417
    versus the world
    Surtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The greatest planet in the world.
    Last Seen
    06-10-14 @ 03:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,017

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    The "assault rifle" with the high capacity magazines malfunctioned. He used his shotgun and handgun as efficiently as Cho at VaTech.
    In that scenario, any weapon would have been effective. It's like shooting fish in a barrel as they try to squeeze out of the hole.
    I love the NSA. It's like having a secret fan-base you will never see, but they're there, watching everything you write and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that I may be some person's only form of unconstitutional entertainment one night.

  8. #418
    Sage
    Arbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    07-12-16 @ 01:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,395
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    So if a few dozen more get shot by a madman because he was able to buy a weapon with that capability it's OK because you want a "proper solution" to some supposed problem?
    Is that what you would tell the family members of the deceased? That the murderer had a 100 shot magazine because you think you might need it someday and that's why they have the right to sell it to a maniac killer?
    The Aurora shooter wanted bombs too but couldn't get them, can you imagine if grenades were also something you felt were a "proper solution"? How many people must die to satisfy your ego?
    Fallacy: Appeal to emotion.

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    The Aurora shooter wanted bombs but couldn't buy them so he didn't have any. That is proof that restricting legal sales prevented him from killing more people. The same thing is true of the weapons he did buy. The AR-15 with a 100 shot mag enabled him to kill more people, like the bombs he wanted but couldn't get because they are not legally sold.
    You are the one with a distorted view of reality.
    The shooter MADE bombs, his apartment was rigged. If he wanted to make one to take to the theater he would have. The 100 round mag jammed on him. Because bigger mags do that. Had he brought 20 10 round mags and just reloaded, more people would have died as the chance of a jam would have been less. You really shouldn't talk about the distorted views of others when you are putting forth non-factual information.

    Quote Originally Posted by tecoyah View Post
    ok....I will admit to a poor choice of words...."Pretty Much", can be interpreted as "It Is" if one wants it to be. I said Pretty Much a KKK rally like I would say a football game is pretty much over.

    Having been to this event, as well as a lising football game....I can state it IS pretty much infested with Racists types, Skinheads, and scary ass "Hey Y'all Watch This" malitia members wanting a chance to blow stuff up.
    I googled photos, looks like a lot of people. No doubt some extremists. But they are no more extremists to one side than you can find on the other side at an 'Occupy' event or any other numerous 'left wing' event.
    "nah i think the way cons want to turn this into a political issue is funny though" - Philly Boss

  9. #419
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    that is based on the silly presumption that infringing on the rights of law abiding citizens will decrease crime

    sadly for you there is no empirical evidence
    supporting that faith based belief and without it freedom is the default position

    they are important to me because in some situations they are the proper solution to a problem



    All anyone has to do is look at the "enormous disparity in gun possession and homicide rates between the U.S. and other countries" to see that you are wrong:




    Aurora and the U.S. Obsession with Guns: Leadership Wanted to Fight Political Capture | Brookings Institution
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  10. #420
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,692

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    All anyone has to do is look at the "enormous disparity in gun possession and homicide rates between the U.S. and other countries" to see that you are wrong:




    Aurora and the U.S. Obsession with Guns: Leadership Wanted to Fight Political Capture | Brookings Institution
    Check out the Japanese suicide rates without firearms.

Page 42 of 89 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •