View Poll Results: Would you own an assault Rifle? Why?

Voters
135. You may not vote on this poll
  • No! Only crazies own assault rifles.

    15 11.11%
  • No, they are too expensive!

    7 5.19%
  • No, no need to.

    41 30.37%
  • Yes, for self defense

    44 32.59%
  • Yes, for recreation and sport

    52 38.52%
  • Yes, to perform my patriotic duty if the nation is invaded

    43 31.85%
  • Yes, because it's my constiutional right

    45 33.33%
  • Yes, because I'm one of the CRAZIES!!! hahahahaha

    15 11.11%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 33 of 89 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 888

Thread: Why would you own an assault rifle?

  1. #321
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    Most people who own more guns then they need feel inadequate in some way. They were bullied by a parent or father figure, made to feel inadequate, and the fix for this self-esteem deficiency is to intimidate others, or feel like they're intimidating others--hence the dick wagging with guns.

  2. #322
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,701

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    Most people who own more guns then they need feel inadequate in some way. They were bullied by a parent or father figure, made to feel inadequate, and the fix for this self-esteem deficiency is to intimidate others, or feel like they're intimidating others--hence the dick wagging with guns.
    do you have any empirical evidence for this

    actually studies show that men who whine about weapons are generally cowards

    others being armed and demonstrating a willingness to make personal safety an individual responsibility accentuate the feelings of cowardice in the eunuchs. So when we see a "man" complaining about guns we generally see a eunuch who doesn't like to be reminded of his failings

    so his solution is to ridicule gun owners which is a psychologically infirm but popular method to banish those thoughts that remind him of his own failings

    A Nation of Cowards

    Snyder

  3. #323
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,373

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    Quote Originally Posted by friday View Post
    Recently, A Democrat senator suggested that he has no idea why anyone would need to have an assault rifle. His ignorance is the premise of his decision to limit the 2nd amendment. To me the answer is pretty easy.

    I would own an assault reason for the exact same reason I would own a superfast sports car that is built to exceed legal speed limits. So that if the Chinese drilling off our coast where we are not allowed to ever decided to sneak soldiers and nukes into the gulf instead of oil rig workers and equipment and invaded Florida blitzkrieg style, I'd have a chance of getting out alive.

    Seriously though, would you own an assault rifle? And if so, why?
    A better question would be "Is your need for an assault rifle greater than the need to control mass murders made worse by high-power weapons that make killing humans faster and easier?
    You don't think the man that sold that AR-15 wonders whether he made things worse in that theater?. And please don't tell me they are just like any other gun....then why are they so important to you?
    Last edited by iguanaman; 07-29-12 at 01:27 AM.

  4. #324
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    LOL I teach police officers

    so much blabbering

    so little knowledge


    Still doesn't make you a police officer.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  5. #325
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,701

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    A better question would be "Is your need for an assault rifle greater than the need to control mass murders made worse by high-power weapons that make killing humans faster and easier?
    You don't think the man that sold that AR-15 wonders whether he made things worse in that theater?. And please don't tell me they are just like any other gun....then why are they so important to you?

    that is based on the silly presumption that infringing on the rights of law abiding citizens will decrease crime

    sadly for you there is no empirical evidence supporting that faith based belief and without it freedom is the default position

    they are important to me because in some situations they are the proper solution to a problem

  6. #326
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,701

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Still doesn't make you a police officer.
    Never said I was

    but they are civilians just as you and I are

    and you still continue to avoid the point that started your 25 or more evasive and dishonest posts

    are you afraid to confront my point head on

  7. #327
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    they are civilians just as you and I are
    No, they are authorized police officers and get access to weapons that civilians do not.

    and you still continue to avoid the point that started your 25 or more evasive and dishonest posts

    are you afraid to confront my point head on
    Already have, your point was that you think you are entitled to access to the same types of weapons as the police who have been trained and authorized to be police officers.

    You are no police officer, but hell you pretend to be a lawyer, you may as well pretend to be a police officer as well. Knock yourself out!
    Last edited by Catawba; 07-29-12 at 01:59 AM.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  8. #328
    versus the world
    Surtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The greatest planet in the world.
    Last Seen
    06-10-14 @ 03:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,017

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    How is banning assault weapons a unreasonable limit on the second amendment.

    RPG are banned. As are tanks.

    Why do you need an assault rifle? You don't.
    Tanks aren't banned.
    I love the NSA. It's like having a secret fan-base you will never see, but they're there, watching everything you write and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that I may be some person's only form of unconstitutional entertainment one night.

  9. #329
    Gone

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-16-16 @ 03:15 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    8,585

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    twice a year somewhere near Louisville Ky at a place called KNOB CREEK there is a huge automatic weapons owners convention where massive amounts of ammo is consumed and the public can rent and fire machine guns from small stuff like a Mac 11 to a quad fifty

    I don't think anyone has ever been killed or even shot at there

    so the clownish crap that the only reason why people "need" automatic weapons is to kill people is just plain clownish
    I live about two miles away from Knob Creek, and when this event takes place...it sounds like a Huge War going on.

    Generally, the police avoid this area for that week, as it is pretty much a KKK rally.


    Anyway....why do people "Need" these weapons then?
    Last edited by tecoyah; 07-29-12 at 08:35 AM.

  10. #330
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    Quote Originally Posted by friday View Post
    Recently, A Democrat senator suggested that he has no idea why anyone would need to have an assault rifle. His ignorance is the premise of his decision to limit the 2nd amendment. To me the answer is pretty easy.

    I would own an assault reason for the exact same reason I would own a superfast sports car that is built to exceed legal speed limits. So that if the Chinese drilling off our coast where we are not allowed to ever decided to sneak soldiers and nukes into the gulf instead of oil rig workers and equipment and invaded Florida blitzkrieg style, I'd have a chance of getting out alive.

    Seriously though, would you own an assault rifle? And if so, why?
    Here are my reasons why I would own an assault rifle; particularly an AR-15:

    1. It is every able bodied person's duty to prepare for the zombie apocalypse. Proficiency in assault rifles is among necessary skills in addition to 1st-aid/CPR, defensive driving, basic automotive repair, basic carpentry/plumbing/electrical, brewing and general outdoor's related survival abilities.

    2. As a member of the military it would be prudent for me to own the civilian version of my issued service weapon, because we can't draw our issued weapons just whenever we want. I would be willing to put my own time and money into keeping my marksman skills sharp for general proficiency, to get the most possible Promotion Points when my unit annually qualifies, and so I can compete in the Governors 20 Program. A Company I was attached to here in Afghanistan offered to let us buy their commemorative Colt AR-15, but I elected not to.

    3. The AR-15 hunts big-game quite well, though I would proffer a model chambered 7.62mm(308) with a longer barrel as opposed to the Army's issued M4 which fires 5.56mm.

    4. I wouldn't recommend an AR-15 for home defense against a human due to the high risk of over penetration. However, a home in a rural setting may be wise to keep an AR-15 handy in the event of mountain lions, bears and other pests.

    5. Just as some folks enjoy owning and driving certin cars, so do others enjoy owning and shooting certin firearms. In this case it is simply a joy of shooting, or target practice and plinking, and nothing more.
    Last edited by Jerry; 07-29-12 at 09:47 AM.

Page 33 of 89 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •