View Poll Results: Would you own an assault Rifle? Why?

Voters
135. You may not vote on this poll
  • No! Only crazies own assault rifles.

    15 11.11%
  • No, they are too expensive!

    7 5.19%
  • No, no need to.

    41 30.37%
  • Yes, for self defense

    44 32.59%
  • Yes, for recreation and sport

    52 38.52%
  • Yes, to perform my patriotic duty if the nation is invaded

    43 31.85%
  • Yes, because it's my constiutional right

    45 33.33%
  • Yes, because I'm one of the CRAZIES!!! hahahahaha

    15 11.11%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 31 of 89 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 310 of 888

Thread: Why would you own an assault rifle?

  1. #301
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    Quote Originally Posted by friday View Post
    Recently, A Democrat senator suggested that he has no idea why anyone would need to have an assault rifle. His ignorance is the premise of his decision to limit the 2nd amendment. To me the answer is pretty easy.
    How is banning assault weapons a unreasonable limit on the second amendment.

    RPG are banned. As are tanks.

    Why do you need an assault rifle? You don't.

  2. #302
    Sage
    Arbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    07-12-16 @ 01:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,395
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    That is the legal definition of civilian. If you had read even further, you would have learned that back before the 19th century we actually had civilian volunteers serving as police. By the end of the 19th century however all the civilian forces had been replaced by a professional trained police force.
    Look, since you don't seem to get the stupidity of your claim or 'definition'... I'll bring it to a 'legal' level of absurdity for you... All citizens that belong to the NRA, are not civilians, because they belong to a particular group. All seniors that knit, are partaking in a particular activity (knitting), so they are not civilians. Are you starting to see the insanity of your argument?
    "nah i think the way cons want to turn this into a political issue is funny though" - Philly Boss

  3. #303
    Guru

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    11-24-13 @ 11:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,001

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    Why would I buy an assault rifle?

    Because I can.

  4. #304
    Sage
    Arbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    07-12-16 @ 01:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,395
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    Why do you need an assault rifle? You don't.
    Are you defining them as 'full automatics' or just 'scary guns that look like military weapons'?

    Rights have nothing to do with 'need' btw...
    "nah i think the way cons want to turn this into a political issue is funny though" - Philly Boss

  5. #305
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,622

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    How is banning assault weapons a unreasonable limit on the second amendment.

    RPG are banned. As are tanks.

    Why do you need an assault rifle? You don't.
    I own them partially because people who are clueless about guns, self defense and the manly duty of self defense tell me I "don't need them"

    You aren't in any position to tell anyone what they need


    You only are able to tell us what you THINK YOU need

  6. #306
    Only Losers H8 Capitalism
    Spartacus FPV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    In your echo chamber
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    12,891

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    How is banning assault weapons a unreasonable limit on the second amendment.

    RPG are banned. As are tanks.

    Why do you need an assault rifle? You don't.
    No they aren't with the right licenses and money.
    Haymarket's "support" of the 2nd Amendment, a right he believes we never had.
    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    no. You cannot lose rights you do not have in the first place. There is no such thing as the right to have any weapon of your choice regardless of any other consideration. It simply does not exist.

  7. #307
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,622

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lachean View Post
    No they aren't with the right licenses and money.
    its too bad that threads like these don't have a knowledge requirement before posting on them. we have so many people who know nothing about Title II weapons, class three tax stamps, or what an assault rifle is but those are the ones who lecture us on what we "need" or don't "need"

  8. #308
    Sage
    Arbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    07-12-16 @ 01:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,395
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    its too bad that threads like these don't have a knowledge requirement before posting on them. we have so many people who know nothing about Title II weapons, class three tax stamps, or what an assault rifle is but those are the ones who lecture us on what we "need" or don't "need"
    In reality it's simply too bad that there isn't a knowledge requirement for breeding. That's the reason so much ignorance exists.
    "nah i think the way cons want to turn this into a political issue is funny though" - Philly Boss

  9. #309
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,622

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    In reality it's simply too bad that there isn't a knowledge requirement for breeding. That's the reason so much ignorance exists.
    certain policies encourage the least capable to breed like rabbits. it serves the agenda of those who promulgate the policies though for it creates more dependent voters and more "reasons" for more welfare socialism

  10. #310
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,158

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    Police officers are civilians. Period.

    They are sworn law enforcement officers who are part of the civil authority of the local, state or national government.

    There is military, and there is civilian. That which is not military is civilian. Senators are civilians. Judges are civilians. Governors are civilians. Police are not military: therefore they are civilian.

    When I was in LE there was never any question that we were in any way part of the military; we were part of civil government, therefore civilian.

    We were armed citizens with legal enforcement authority, not soldiers.

    Stick a big period right there.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

Page 31 of 89 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •