View Poll Results: Would you own an assault Rifle? Why?

Voters
135. You may not vote on this poll
  • No! Only crazies own assault rifles.

    15 11.11%
  • No, they are too expensive!

    7 5.19%
  • No, no need to.

    41 30.37%
  • Yes, for self defense

    44 32.59%
  • Yes, for recreation and sport

    52 38.52%
  • Yes, to perform my patriotic duty if the nation is invaded

    43 31.85%
  • Yes, because it's my constiutional right

    45 33.33%
  • Yes, because I'm one of the CRAZIES!!! hahahahaha

    15 11.11%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 22 of 89 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 888

Thread: Why would you own an assault rifle?

  1. #211
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,769

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    Quote Originally Posted by stonewall50 View Post
    Well free choice absolutely is. I urge you to consider what a jury might say at a pot shot killing a someone driving away at 500m. Certainly would look bad here.
    I am an expert on the laws of self defense having shot someone years ago and then defending a major police department that sometimes was sued for "wrongful death" claims

  2. #212
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    still avoiding my point (everyone else knows I am correct except you and Thunder-Cops are civilians not military)

    if say NYC says a 17 shot glock is suitable for a civilian NYC employee to use for self defense in the confines of that city how can it possibly say that the weapon has no suitable purpose for OTHER civilians


    focus on that and use all your impressive credentials in firearms issues to answer that


    Police definition - "The governmental department charged with the regulation and control of the affairs of a community, now chiefly the department established to maintain order, enforce the law, and prevent and detect crime.


    1. A body of persons making up such a department, trained in methods of law enforcement and crime prevention and detection and authorized to maintain the peace, safety, and order of the community"


    Read more: police: Definition, Synonyms from Answers.com


    Civilian definition - " A person following the pursuits of civil life, especially one who is not an active member of the military, the police, or a belligerent group."

    Read more: civilian: Definition from Answers.com


    See if your "impressive credentials" in law allow you to discern the difference between civilians and the police.
    Last edited by Catawba; 07-28-12 at 09:29 AM.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  3. #213
    Gone

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-16-16 @ 03:15 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    8,585

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    in many home defense scenarios a shotgun is a superior weapon for defense.

    but that should be your choice-not the choice of people who have no clue about weapons or think they should restrict what you own because of their own ignorance, fear of weapons, or spite
    In many ways , I agree. However...I love my 10 gauge as home defense and piece of mind. I am pleased that my wife has her little .38.

    I also know neither will be much use against an AK47 on automatic.

    Both my weapons serve an acceptable purpose in my mind...assault weapons have ONLY one designed purpose.

    Killing as many people as possible.

  4. #214
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,769

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Police definition - "The governmental department charged with the regulation and control of the affairs of a community, now chiefly the department established to maintain order, enforce the law, and prevent and detect crime.


    1. A body of persons making up such a department, trained in methods of law enforcement and crime prevention and detection and authorized to maintain the peace, safety, and order of the community"


    Read more: police: Definition, Synonyms from Answers.com


    Civilian definition - " A person following the pursuits of civil life, especially one who is not an active member of the military, the police, or a belligerent group."

    Read more: civilian: Definition from Answers.com


    See if your "impressive credentials" in law allow you to discern the difference between civilians and the police.
    Not relevant-deal with my argument and stop diverting

    That definition is not consistent with the United States Code that distinguishes between the military and CIVILIAN Law enforcement

    just GOOGLE ARE COPS OR POLICE CIVILIANS


    deal with my argument rather than trying to avoid it with your silliness

  5. #215
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I am an expert on the laws of self defense having shot someone years ago and then defending a major police department that sometimes was sued for "wrongful death" claims
    Some expert that doesn't know the difference between civilians and the police!
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  6. #216
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,769

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    Quote Originally Posted by tecoyah View Post
    In many ways , I agree. However...I love my 10 gauge as home defense and piece of mind. I am pleased that my wife has her little .38.

    I also know neither will be much use against an AK47 on automatic.

    Both my weapons serve an acceptable purpose in my mind...assault weapons have ONLY one designed purpose.

    Killing as many people as possible.
    well you would be wrong then but that is not really relevant

    the only thing that counts is HOW the person who possesses the weapon uses it

    and with several hundred legally owned real machine guns in the USA-including many real assault rifles" there are no instances of anyone being killed in decades

  7. #217
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Not relevant-deal with my argument and stop diverting

    That definition is not consistent with the United States Code that distinguishes between the military and CIVILIAN Law enforcement

    just GOOGLE ARE COPS OR POLICE CIVILIANS


    deal with my argument rather than trying to avoid it with your silliness

    LOL! Not relevant is your pat answer when you have been stumped.


    The definition of civilian specifically states not a member of the the military or the police. So much for your legal expertise!
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  8. #218
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,769

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Some expert that doesn't know the difference between civilians and the police!
    you are again divert because you don't have the ability to argue the pending point

    many sources including the US Code consider CIVILIAN POLICE OFFICERS CIVILIANS

    anyone is not a member of the military is a CIVILIAN

    which is why the POTUS being the CinC is to show that civilian authority presides over the military

    here is an interesting article on civilian vs military police


    Are Military Police Above Civilian Police Officers?



    now deal with the point of if a government entity decrees a weapon suitable for self defense by civilian employees why does that not justify other civilians using that weapon as a suitable self defensive tool

  9. #219
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,769

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    LOL! Not relevant is your pat answer when you have been stumped.


    The definition of civilian specifically states not a member of the the military or the police. So much for your legal expertise!
    your definition is not accepted and your dishonesty in evading the real point with this nonsense is obvious

    Is a police officer a civilian


    Are police officers Civilians or not? - Yahoo! Answers

    two "authorities" that are more valid than the crap you posted

    so get back to the main issue

  10. #220
    Sage
    MoSurveyor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-13-17 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,985

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    I have no need of an assault rifle - but I don't care if others own them.
    Mt. Rushmore: Three surveyors and some other guy.
    Life goes on within you and without you. -Harrison
    Hear the echoes of the centuries, Power isn't all that money buys. -Peart
    After you learn quantum mechanics you're never really the same again. -Weinberg

Page 22 of 89 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •