View Poll Results: Would you own an assault Rifle? Why?

Voters
135. You may not vote on this poll
  • No! Only crazies own assault rifles.

    15 11.11%
  • No, they are too expensive!

    7 5.19%
  • No, no need to.

    41 30.37%
  • Yes, for self defense

    44 32.59%
  • Yes, for recreation and sport

    52 38.52%
  • Yes, to perform my patriotic duty if the nation is invaded

    43 31.85%
  • Yes, because it's my constiutional right

    45 33.33%
  • Yes, because I'm one of the CRAZIES!!! hahahahaha

    15 11.11%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 17 of 89 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 888

Thread: Why would you own an assault rifle?

  1. #161
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,148

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    your first post I read on this topic was the penis idiocy crap you posted the other day

    you are anti gun because you believe in idiotic restrictions that you cannot come close to justifying as rational


    I couldn't care less if you own guns. Some of the most anti gun politicians have guns-Diane Feinstein had a carry permit in a city where she wouldn't allow most other folks to get one

    but you spew idiocy, those of us who understand the issue kick your butt, and then you start getting butt hurt
    try it again, turtledude
    only this time lose the anger and make solid points to defend your argument
    something that will convince someone sitting on the fence that your position is the more plausible one
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  2. #162
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,159

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    how is that any different than you accusing "gun-haters" of being fearful cowards & hoplophobes?
    I wouldn't say fearful cowards... that's pretty strong.

    Hoplophobes though... and ignorant as dirt about the thing you want to regulate... does seem that way a lot of the time. So many of you gun-control types are astonishingly ignorant about firearms and pontificate on banning this and that when you don't even know what you're talking about banning. You resolutely ignore that something like 99.98%+ of legally owned firearms are never used in a crime, that gun crime and gun accidents are WAY down and trending still lower, that so-called "assault weapons" are very rarely used in crime, etc.... that we can only assume it is an irrational fear, a phobia.


    Not to mention I can't COUNT how many gun-control threads were started by someone using this penis-compensation bull****, or tarring us as brainless rednecks.... well you get what you give....

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  3. #163
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,700

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lachean View Post
    Owning guns gives one no credibility while spewing anti-gun tripe. In fact it may very well be a lie.

    Reminds me of when fundamentalists claim "I used to be an atheist" for some credibility before spewing faith based tripe.
    Ben and Jerry used to tell their far left gay Bush haters to always preface an anti Bush rant or letter with "I AM A REPUBLICAN"

  4. #164
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lachean View Post
    Obviously reading comprehension isn't your strong suit.

    Done with you, liar.
    All anyone that doubts me has to do is check the poll results to see who is the liar. There was a choice, for "Yes, for recreational use", but instead you chose, "Yes, for self defense."
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  5. #165
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,700

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    try it again, turtledude
    only this time lose the anger and make solid points to defend your argument
    something that will convince someone sitting on the fence that your position is the more plausible one
    when you start holding the lefties to the same standard I will listen to you

    I did respond to his idiocy with logic and you must have missed that

    I don't care about convincing people-people who try to restrict our rights based on idiocy need to be called on it

  6. #166
    Only Losers H8 Capitalism
    Spartacus FPV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    In your echo chamber
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    12,893

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    All anyone that doubts me has to do is check the poll results to see who is the liar. There was a choice, for "Yes, for recreational use", but instead you chose, "Yes, for self defense."
    None of that addresses the matter of need, which was your baseless claim to which my 1st post on this thread contradicts.

    Please learn the difference between needs and wants, its a big distinction.

    I asked you to quote me saying I needed one, which you failed at so you chose to quote the vote. But that vote reflects a want, just as I don't need one for sport but would like one.

    EDIT: By the way, what was my lie? I'd love to hear you nail this one down.
    Last edited by Spartacus FPV; 07-28-12 at 12:13 AM.
    Haymarket's "support" of the 2nd Amendment, a right he believes we never had.
    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    no. You cannot lose rights you do not have in the first place. There is no such thing as the right to have any weapon of your choice regardless of any other consideration. It simply does not exist.

  7. #167
    Light△Bender

    grip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ☚ ☛
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 02:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,224
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    If the Constitution guarantees our right to bare arms, then shouldn't we the people be given a fairly wide latitude as to what constitutes personal firearms? The more you cramp that freedom the closer you get to revoking it completely. And for what a little more perceived safety? Besides the techy in me being fascinated with weapons I think guns are an abomination. But in the world we live they are a part of reality and must be dealt with respect.
    Einstein, "science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

  8. #168
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,148

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    when you start holding the lefties to the same standard I will listen to you

    I did respond to his idiocy with logic and you must have missed that

    I don't care about convincing people-people who try to restrict our rights based on idiocy need to be called on it
    so what are you saying? that you cannot present a reasoned argument?
    well, if you can, then offer it
    explain why it is not reasonable to impose restrictions on arms ownership
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  9. #169
    Pragmatist
    SouthernDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    KC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,410

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lachean View Post
    What homosexual reference?
    I was messing with him because he keeps saying "getting your butt hurt".
    "You're the only person that decides how far you'll go and what you're capable of." - Ben Saunders (Explorer and Endurance Athlete)

  10. #170
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,700

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    so what are you saying? that you cannot present a reasoned argument?
    well, if you can, then offer it
    explain why it is not reasonable to impose restrictions on arms ownership
    so why do you ask me when a guy posts idiocy about penis envy or compensation issues that has no basis in fact

    I guess you missed the very rational argument that if a city or state determines that 17 or 20 or 30 round magazines are suitable for civilian employees of that city or state to use in SELF DEFENSE than US OTHER CIVILIANS ought to be able to use them too for self defense

Page 17 of 89 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •