View Poll Results: Would you own an assault Rifle? Why?

Voters
135. You may not vote on this poll
  • No! Only crazies own assault rifles.

    15 11.11%
  • No, they are too expensive!

    7 5.19%
  • No, no need to.

    41 30.37%
  • Yes, for self defense

    44 32.59%
  • Yes, for recreation and sport

    52 38.52%
  • Yes, to perform my patriotic duty if the nation is invaded

    43 31.85%
  • Yes, because it's my constiutional right

    45 33.33%
  • Yes, because I'm one of the CRAZIES!!! hahahahaha

    15 11.11%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 12 of 89 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 888

Thread: Why would you own an assault rifle?

  1. #111
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,658

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    Quote Originally Posted by stonewall50 View Post
    I seriously doubt there will be a danger shots over 500m...or really even 15m. Also keep in mind I live in Florida. Good luck finding an open space that you can make a shot like that. A shotgun will do just fine. If it is outside the range of a shotgun...what the hell am I doing not taking cover and waiting for the police? lol.
    I live on a farm-there are more things that might need killing then a mope

    like coyotes in the horse field etc

    and there are some cases where a car might be a target needing interdiction

  2. #112
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    when it comes to using a weapon against other people they often have more but because of wrongful laws they can use stuff other civilians cannot own.

    Who has determined these "wrongful laws" under our rule of law "counselor"?
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  3. #113
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,832

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    why are you on this thread?
    I am here to fight for truth and justice and the American way.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  4. #114
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    08-14-12 @ 11:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,928

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    Quote Originally Posted by friday View Post
    Recently, A Democrat senator suggested that he has no idea why anyone would need to have an assault rifle. His ignorance is the premise of his decision to limit the 2nd amendment. To me the answer is pretty easy.

    I would own an assault reason for the exact same reason I would own a superfast sports car that is built to exceed legal speed limits. So that if the Chinese drilling off our coast where we are not allowed to ever decided to sneak soldiers and nukes into the gulf instead of oil rig workers and equipment and invaded Florida blitzkrieg style, I'd have a chance of getting out alive.

    Seriously though, would you own an assault rifle? And if so, why?
    I have no idea what an assault rifle is, but I own an Egyptian Maddi AK-47. They are far more rare than the Romanian AK's that are a dime a dozen. I also own a 5 rd and 30 rd magazine for it. By the way, the proper term is "magazine", not "clip."

    Is that an assault rifle?

    Mine looked exactly like this, before it was "evilized" and black synthetic stocks and handgrips were added.

    Last edited by dontworrybehappy; 07-27-12 at 11:29 PM.

  5. #115
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:50 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,306

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I live on a farm-there are more things that might need killing then a mope

    like coyotes in the horse field etc

    and there are some cases where a car might be a target needing interdiction
    I understand the coyote lol. But if it is in Florida and outside of 50...you probably won't be seein it lol. Lotta woods here.

    I find it highly improbable that you would need to shoot at a vehicle. I would pontificate that decision as a civillian. Shooting at a vehicle would PROBABLY not be considered self defense if it were outside 100m...let alone beyond 500.
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

  6. #116
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,658

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    I am here to fight for truth and justice and the American way.
    more socialism and more gun control is hardly justice or truth or even American

    it seems that these gun threads attract several far lefties who want to hassle gun owners -not for owning guns-but for the fact most gun owners tend not to buy into the far left koolade

  7. #117
    Pragmatist
    SouthernDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    KC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,409

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    Here is the flaw in your argument. You have put forth that 'banning high capacity magazines' is reasonable. It's no more reasonable than NYC banning soft drinks over a certain size. If a crazy person wanted to take out a lot of people, they'd just bring more mags. Or they'd just plant a bomb. There is no evidence that limiting the number of rounds per mag would make any difference. Would it help to pacify some of the anti-gun people, yeah, but that's all it would accomplish.
    It took the Unabomber 20 years to kill 3 people with bombs. High capacity magazines have been used in several mass murders in recent years. Its much easier to walk into a crowded place and start killing people when you don't have to reload. If it was not easier, then why do these psychopaths use them? They are not cut from the same cloth as some extreme jihadist that straps a bomb to themselves. These mass murderers are looking to shoot people, that’s what they want to do, and by letting them get off dozens of shots off without having to reload, all we do is make it easier for them.
    "You're the only person that decides how far you'll go and what you're capable of." - Ben Saunders (Explorer and Endurance Athlete)

  8. #118
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,658

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    Quote Originally Posted by stonewall50 View Post
    I understand the coyote lol. But if it is in Florida and outside of 50...you probably won't be seein it lol. Lotta woods here.

    I find it highly improbable that you would need to shoot at a vehicle. I would pontificate that decision as a civillian. Shooting at a vehicle would PROBABLY not be considered self defense if it were outside 100m...let alone beyond 500.
    well free choice is a good thing

    you pick your targets as you see fit and I won't have any say in that

  9. #119
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lachean View Post
    Where does it say I "need it" for self defense. In fact, what post # was that? Can you link it?
    Just look at the public poll above where you responded, "yes for self defense." Anyone can look there and see that is what your answer was to the poll question.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  10. #120
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,658

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    It took the Unabomber 20 years to kill 3 people with bombs. High capacity magazines have been used in several mass murders in recent years. Its much easier to walk into a crowded place and start killing people when you don't have to reload. If it was not easier, then why do these psychopaths use them? They are not cut from the same cloth as some extreme jihadist that straps a bomb to themselves. These mass murderers are looking to shoot people, that’s what they want to do, and by letting them get off dozens of shots off without having to reload, all we do is make it easier for them.
    what do you consider a high capacity magazine

Page 12 of 89 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •