View Poll Results: Would you own an assault Rifle? Why?

Voters
135. You may not vote on this poll
  • No! Only crazies own assault rifles.

    15 11.11%
  • No, they are too expensive!

    7 5.19%
  • No, no need to.

    41 30.37%
  • Yes, for self defense

    44 32.59%
  • Yes, for recreation and sport

    52 38.52%
  • Yes, to perform my patriotic duty if the nation is invaded

    43 31.85%
  • Yes, because it's my constiutional right

    45 33.33%
  • Yes, because I'm one of the CRAZIES!!! hahahahaha

    15 11.11%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 11 of 89 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 888

Thread: Why would you own an assault rifle?

  1. #101
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lachean View Post
    So? Your absolute statements remains debunked.



    Yeah okay, keep trying to pretend its us that are the cowards.
    Its you that feel you need one.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  2. #102
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,701

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Its you that feel you need one.
    why are you on this thread?

    btw look up Public Law 97-86, Title 10 USC chapter 18

  3. #103
    Sage
    Arbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    07-12-16 @ 01:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,395
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    All I am saying is that the gun nuts out there have gotten so irrational in the last 20 years that you can't even propose something reasonable like banning high capacity magazines.
    Here is the flaw in your argument. You have put forth that 'banning high capacity magazines' is reasonable. It's no more reasonable than NYC banning soft drinks over a certain size. If a crazy person wanted to take out a lot of people, they'd just bring more mags. Or they'd just plant a bomb. There is no evidence that limiting the number of rounds per mag would make any difference. Would it help to pacify some of the anti-gun people, yeah, but that's all it would accomplish.
    "nah i think the way cons want to turn this into a political issue is funny though" - Philly Boss

  4. #104
    Only Losers H8 Capitalism
    Spartacus FPV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    In your echo chamber
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    12,893

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Its you that feel you need one.
    More lies from you. Can you quote me claiming to need one?

    I want one for fun, I have no need of one for self/home defense. Thats what my 12 gauge is for.

    Edit: And even if I felt that I needed one, the willingness to defense oneself is in no way an indication of fear. Prattling on about safety however...
    Last edited by Spartacus FPV; 07-27-12 at 11:08 PM.
    Haymarket's "support" of the 2nd Amendment, a right he believes we never had.
    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    no. You cannot lose rights you do not have in the first place. There is no such thing as the right to have any weapon of your choice regardless of any other consideration. It simply does not exist.

  5. #105
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    LOL more idiocy. where in the US Code is that idiocy to be found?

    the police are civilian agencies

    do you just lie because you are outgunned or out of ammo in this topic

    Is it your claim that police have the same gun restrictions as civilians?
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  6. #106
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lachean View Post
    More lies from you. Can you quote me claiming to need one?
    Yes, from the poll above -
    Lachean: "Yes, for self defense"
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  7. #107
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,701

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Is it your claim that police have the same gun restrictions as civilians?
    when it comes to using a weapon against other people they often have more but because of wrongful laws they can use stuff other civilians cannot own. I understand the concept of estoppel is probably something you don't understand but its idiotic for say the city of NY to issue its CIVILIAN agents certain weapons and then claim that those same weapons have "no legitimate purposes" when owned by other civilians

    other than to ridicule (conservatives it appears) who own weapons that you are fearful of what is your purpose here?

  8. #108
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,375

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    different ranges-different guns-home defense in the home-Mossberg Mil Spec 12G with a flash light, block 19 with a flash light

    dealing with threats on the farm where shots of up to 800M are possible Rock River M4 carbine with a scope and a roll over Gen 3 NVD
    I seriously doubt there will be a danger shots over 500m...or really even 15m. Also keep in mind I live in Florida. Good luck finding an open space that you can make a shot like that. A shotgun will do just fine. If it is outside the range of a shotgun...what the hell am I doing not taking cover and waiting for the police? lol.
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

  9. #109
    Only Losers H8 Capitalism
    Spartacus FPV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    In your echo chamber
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    12,893

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Yes, from the poll above -
    Where does it say I "need it" for self defense. In fact, what post # was that? Can you link it?

    Because my 1st post in this thread was quite clear.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lachean View Post
    Of course I would, I still need one, a revolver, a black powder and a 1911 to complete my collection.

    I would use it for sport, probably never for home defense. I have my 12 gauge for that.
    Because if you're referring to my vote, thats a want not a need. Liar
    Haymarket's "support" of the 2nd Amendment, a right he believes we never had.
    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    no. You cannot lose rights you do not have in the first place. There is no such thing as the right to have any weapon of your choice regardless of any other consideration. It simply does not exist.

  10. #110
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Why would you own an assault rifle?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    why are you on this thread?

    Same reason you are, to express my views on assault rifles.



    btw look up Public Law 97-86, Title 10 USC chapter 18
    Enforcement agencies for civilian law? No where in there do I see that law enforcement is limited to the same weapons as civilians.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

Page 11 of 89 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •