View Poll Results: What is America's greatest sin?

Voters
98. You may not vote on this poll
  • The war for independence

    1 1.02%
  • Slavery

    32 32.65%
  • Indians / native Americans

    35 35.71%
  • Hiroshima, Nagasaki bombing

    3 3.06%
  • The war in Vietnam

    2 2.04%
  • The FED

    7 7.14%
  • The Cold war

    0 0%
  • The Civil war

    0 0%
  • Other

    15 15.31%
  • I can't tell

    3 3.06%
Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 267

Thread: America's greatest sin [W:264]

  1. #211
    Sage
    RGacky3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Last Seen
    08-25-15 @ 05:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    9,570

    re: America's greatest sin [W:264]

    So nothing judges you ... basically you just want to know that when you die you'll be content that you've lived your life as an un-empathetic, elitist dick that has not been rational or reasonable his entire life and has been able to live his life full of hatred and disdain ... so you can not exist in peace ... As I said before ... your a very sick person.

  2. #212
    Global Moderator
    Bodhidarma approves bigly
    Andalublue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Granada, España
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 01:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    26,111

    re: America's greatest sin [W:264]

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    I didn't say I don't believe in a Higher Power/Diety. I just don't believe in organized religion. In fact, I see all religion as being different ways of viewing the same Diety; similar to looking at a very bright light through different facets of a crystal. Each facet distorts the light in a slightly different way, but it always distorts it. It is my belief that the "Light" in the analogy is who judges us at the end of our lives.
    Except most religions don't share that light pollution that claims everyone gets judged at point of death. That's pretty much a Christian/Moslem game.
    "The crisis will end when fear changes sides" - Pablo Iglesias Turrión

    "Austerity is used as a cover to reconfigure society and increase inequality and injustice." - Jeremy Corbyn

  3. #213
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    re: America's greatest sin [W:264]

    Quote Originally Posted by RGacky3 View Post
    So nothing judges you ... basically you just want to know that when you die you'll be content that you've lived your life as an un-empathetic, elitist dick that has not been rational or reasonable his entire life and has been able to live his life full of hatred and disdain ... so you can not exist in peace ... As I said before ... your a very sick person.
    I'm not sure where you get the suggestion that nothing Judges us at the time of death from my previous comments. In fact, I do not expect to "Rest in Peace" after my death. However, that goes to my belief about what happens to the soul AFTER the Judgement.... that most are sent to a Lower Plane to be punished, re-educated, and returned for another attempt at the TEST that I believe life here on Earth to be.

    Quote Originally Posted by Andalublue View Post
    Except most religions don't share that light pollution that claims everyone gets judged at point of death. That's pretty much a Christian/Moslem game.
    As I said, the light is warped and distorted by the facets of the crystal (metaphorically, of course). What about that creates a situation where part of that distortion might not be what happens at the time of death?

  4. #214
    Sage
    RGacky3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Last Seen
    08-25-15 @ 05:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    9,570

    re: America's greatest sin [W:264]

    Oh ... So you DON'T believe in a God, but you DO believe in an imortal soul ... and somehow there is a hell and a heaven ... but no God to send anyone there ... but somesort of objective something that sends people there, based on being enough of a dick ....

    You really have never rationally thought through your ideas have you?

  5. #215
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    re: America's greatest sin [W:264]

    Quote Originally Posted by RGacky3 View Post
    Oh ... So you DON'T believe in a God, but you DO believe in an imortal soul ... and somehow there is a hell and a heaven ... but no God to send anyone there ... but somesort of objective something that sends people there, based on being enough of a dick ....
    I DO believe in GOD. In fact in a prior post I said that specifically. I just do not believe that any of the particular religions in the history of this planet have ever gotten it right; and that in fact religion in general distances ourselves from The Diety. What I do not believe is that The Diety has a particular gender or religion.

    I do believe in the immortal Soul. I believe that there are actually many different "Heavens" and "Hells"

    It is my belief that after the Soul is Judged it is either admitted to the most appropriate Higher Plane ("Heaven"), sent to a pseudo-Purgatory for punishment and re-education before being re-united with a body for another chance at the Test of Life, or deemed unable to be redeemed and sent to an appropriate Lower Plane ("Hell") for the rest of Eternity.

  6. #216
    Sage
    RGacky3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Last Seen
    08-25-15 @ 05:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    9,570

    re: America's greatest sin [W:264]

    Oh so you believe in God ... and in your religious view he's a dick, that judges humans based on their ability to be dicks ... Ok then, your own personal sociopathic religion to justify your own sociopathy.

  7. #217
    Student
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    02-22-13 @ 03:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    203

    re: America's greatest sin [W:264]

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    I DO believe in GOD. In fact in a prior post I said that specifically. I just do not believe that any of the particular religions in the history of this planet have ever gotten it right; and that in fact religion in general distances ourselves from The Diety. What I do not believe is that The Diety has a particular gender or religion.

    I do believe in the immortal Soul. I believe that there are actually many different "Heavens" and "Hells"

    It is my belief that after the Soul is Judged it is either admitted to the most appropriate Higher Plane ("Heaven"), sent to a pseudo-Purgatory for punishment and re-education before being re-united with a body for another chance at the Test of Life, or deemed unable to be redeemed and sent to an appropriate Lower Plane ("Hell") for the rest of Eternity.
    So are all of us going to hell except for you?

  8. #218
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    re: America's greatest sin [W:264]

    Quote Originally Posted by RGacky3 View Post
    Oh so you believe in God ... and in your religious view he's a dick, that judges humans based on their ability to be dicks ... Ok then, your own personal sociopathic religion to justify your own sociopathy.
    In my Spiritual view, the Soul is judged on its ability and willingness to live a Moral and Proper life; which is not very easy in this day and age. The vast majority of Souls will get another chance to get it right. Some will be deemed lost causes and removed from the system. A few will be deemed worthy to move on to something better.

  9. #219
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    re: America's greatest sin [W:264]

    Quote Originally Posted by Londoner View Post
    So are all of us going to hell except for you?
    Nope. I'm not even going to "Heaven". At least not yet. The vast majority will be purged, re-educated, and sent back to try again.

  10. #220
    Sage
    RGacky3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Last Seen
    08-25-15 @ 05:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    9,570

    re: America's greatest sin [W:264]

    the Soul is judged on its ability and willingness to live a Moral and Proper life
    Moral and proper based on YOUR morality which is a thing that most people would consider immoral ... now and before.

    Anyway ... good to know that your spiritual view, like all of your views, is totally devoid of reason.

Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •