View Poll Results: Obama Tax Supporters=What is more Important to You

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Saving the tax cuts for yourself (and the rich)

    1 6.25%
  • Sticking it to the rich with a tax hike for everyone

    15 93.75%
Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 324

Thread: Obama Tax supporters=what is more important to you

  1. #81
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,627

    Re: Obama Tax supporters=what is more important to you

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    You do realize most everyone is going to vote stick it to the rich because you started the thread right ? lol
    I couldn't care less-if the parasite support team all had to pay more taxes they wouldn't be so quick to demand more government

  2. #82
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,627

    Re: Obama Tax supporters=what is more important to you

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    What about a deal exchanging some of the sequester defense cuts in exchange for the gifts to the wealthy? That's an attractive package in Congress and the ONLY way those cuts are not going through.
    when the wealthy are paying 40% of the FIT what gifts are you emotobabbling about

    when the top one percent pay less of the FIT than their share of the Federal income than you can start claiming such unadulterated bovine excrement

  3. #83
    Uncanny
    Paschendale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Last Seen
    03-31-16 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    12,510

    Re: Obama Tax supporters=what is more important to you

    The fact that this is phrased as "sticking it to the rich" shows a lot of the problem. "Pay a bit more in taxes, but not enough to actually affect your lifestyle, which is already incredibly luxurious" is somehow sticking it to someone. Throwing somebody out of their house is sticking it to them. Stealing their retirement is sticking it to them. Letting someone's kids die because they only work at Wal-Mart and don't get good health insurance is sticking it to them. Shipping someone's job to India is sticking it to them. There is literally no possible income tax short of 90+% that could do damage on that level to "the rich". That's the point of being rich. Such people are insulated against whatever comes their way. 31%? 35%? 39%? Those numbers make no difference on the lives of the wealthy 1% of this nation. 50% tax on their incomes wouldn't make a difference in their lives, and it would make a huge difference in the debt that future generations will face.
    Liberté. Égalité. Fraternité.

  4. #84
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Obama Tax supporters=what is more important to you

    Mitt Romney's and Warren Buffett's tax rate will increase to 20%. Oh noes!!!!!
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  5. #85
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,627

    Re: Obama Tax supporters=what is more important to you

    Quote Originally Posted by Paschendale View Post
    The fact that this is phrased as "sticking it to the rich" shows a lot of the problem. "Pay a bit more in taxes, but not enough to actually affect your lifestyle, which is already incredibly luxurious" is somehow sticking it to someone. Throwing somebody out of their house is sticking it to them. Stealing their retirement is sticking it to them. Letting someone's kids die because they only work at Wal-Mart and don't get good health insurance is sticking it to them. Shipping someone's job to India is sticking it to them. There is literally no possible income tax short of 90+% that could do damage on that level to "the rich". That's the point of being rich. Such people are insulated against whatever comes their way. 31%? 35%? 39%? Those numbers make no difference on the lives of the wealthy 1% of this nation. 50% tax on their incomes wouldn't make a difference in their lives, and it would make a huge difference in the debt that future generations will face.

    you make lots of assumptions from an obvious position of ignorance. how do you know that another 30-50K in taxes is not going to affect lifestyles.

    what makes people making a few hundred K a year any different than people in the upper middle class who are one medical emergency or firing away from being way over extended.

    the tax is not based on how much money you have left over but what you take in and if you spend a lot-bought a big house based on the Bush tax rates, have three kids at Amherst or Cornell etc you don't have much extra

    People like you think that the "rich" only have the same monthly expenses you do which is idiotic

  6. #86
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,627

    Re: Obama Tax supporters=what is more important to you

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Mitt Romney's and Warren Buffett's tax rate will increase to 20%. Oh noes!!!!!
    yours should increase to the point you are paying the same amount as I do. Then you can whine.

    until then you are living off the taxes of people like me and you ought to be a bit more appreciative of us who fund your existence

  7. #87
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Obama Tax supporters=what is more important to you

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    yours should increase to the point you are paying the same amount as I do. Then you can whine.

    until then you are living off the taxes of people like me and you ought to be a bit more appreciative of us who fund your existence


    I pay a higher tax rate than Mitt Romney, so you are barking up the wrong tree for sympathy for Romney having to pay a 20% tax rate.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  8. #88
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Obama Tax supporters=what is more important to you

    its worth it just to hear the wealthy complain.


  9. #89
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,627

    Re: Obama Tax supporters=what is more important to you

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    I pay a higher tax rate than Mitt Romney, so you are barking up the wrong tree for sympathy for Romney having to pay a 20% tax rate.
    not on like income

    stop lying

  10. #90
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,627

    Re: Obama Tax supporters=what is more important to you

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    its worth it just to hear the wealthy complain.

    that is actually more rational than most of the arguments from the far left

Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •