View Poll Results: Obama Tax Supporters=What is more Important to You

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Saving the tax cuts for yourself (and the rich)

    1 6.25%
  • Sticking it to the rich with a tax hike for everyone

    15 93.75%
Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 324

Thread: Obama Tax supporters=what is more important to you

  1. #71
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama Tax supporters=what is more important to you

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    FIne-then raise the taxes on those who are not paying for even what they use

    not on those who are paying for what millons of others use because what you want is to encourage the takers to demand even more

    I want to give them proper feedback so as to lessen their demands to suckle more from the public tit
    Be specific. Who are these people?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #72
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,413

    Re: Obama Tax supporters=what is more important to you

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Be specific. Who are these people?
    Well, there's George, and Sandy, and Phil, and Mary, and...
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  3. #73
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,700

    Re: Obama Tax supporters=what is more important to you

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Be specific. Who are these people?
    those who want the rich to pay more and vote for big government

    the bottom 60% of the voters are generally paying less in taxes to the federal government than they are getting back in federal handouts.

  4. #74
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,700

    Re: Obama Tax supporters=what is more important to you

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    Oh, but you misunderstand. Obama has no desire to "stick it to the rich". Per his tv commercials, he's only going to raise their taxes a "little bit".
    he's a lying SOS.

  5. #75
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Obama Tax supporters=what is more important to you

    Under the Democrat's plan, "High-income households would see their top two income tax rates increase to 36% and 39.6%, from 33% and 35% today. Their ability to benefit from certain tax breaks would be limited. And their tax rates on capital gains and dividends would increase to 20% from 15% now."

    Senate Republicans, meanwhile, have proposed a full one-year extension of the Bush tax cuts, including the lower rates on investment income. They do not, however, continue the 2009 expansion of the low- and middle-income tax breaks included in the Democratic plan.

    Republicans would extend the current estate tax, which allows for a $5 million exemption level and imposes a top rate of 35%."

    "Bottom line under GOP plan: Under the Republican proposal, 15.4% of households would see tax increases, but the increases would primarily hit people making under $80,000, according to a new analysis from the independent Tax Policy Center.

    Drilling down, 20% of households making less than $48,000 would see average tax increases as high as $958.

    Another 14% in the middle of the income scale (roughly between $48,000 and $80,000) would pay an average of $783 more than they do today.

    At the very high end of the income scale -- at least $600,000 -- less than 0.05% would see a tax increase.

    Bottom line under Democratic plan: The breakdown gets more complicated for the Democrats' proposal because it doesn't include protection from the AMT for 2013, even though the going assumption is that Democrats would eventually back such a patch.

    The AMT is supposed to hit wealthy filers, but without a patch it would hit tens of millions of non-wealthy households. That's why Congress regularly passes one on a bipartisan basis."

    Bush tax cuts: What you'd pay under rival plans - Jul. 25, 2012
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  6. #76
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama Tax supporters=what is more important to you

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    those who want the rich to pay more and vote for big government

    the bottom 60% of the voters are generally paying less in taxes to the federal government than they are getting back in federal handouts.
    That's not very specific. At the bottom, they dont have ****, so you waste your time there. The middle, well, those are the people who actually buy, so if there is any one who needs a break in order to spend, they're the ones. Top end of the middle, me, I pay, and am willing to pay more. So why do you and some at the top (if that is really where you are) whine so much?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #77
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Obama Tax supporters=what is more important to you

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    1) Keeping the Bush/Obama tax rates for the "middle class"


    2) sticking it to the rich with a tax hike


    You do realize most everyone is going to vote stick it to the rich because you started the thread right ? lol

  8. #78
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Obama Tax supporters=what is more important to you

    hell, I can eat the tax-hike.

    so let's let the cuts expire..and eventually we'll renew them for just the middle-class.

  9. #79
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,373

    Re: Obama Tax supporters=what is more important to you

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you are assuming the dems will hold both houses. I don't think the dems will get congress or hold the senate. so the GOP will give Obama an all or nothing bill if he were able to win.

    right now I give the GOP 80% of holding the house, 65% of getting the senate and 50-50 on the WH
    What about a deal exchanging some of the sequester defense cuts in exchange for the gifts to the wealthy? That's an attractive package in Congress and the ONLY way those cuts are not going through.

  10. #80
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,700

    Re: Obama Tax supporters=what is more important to you

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    That's not very specific. At the bottom, they dont have ****, so you waste your time there. The middle, well, those are the people who actually buy, so if there is any one who needs a break in order to spend, they're the ones. Top end of the middle, me, I pay, and am willing to pay more. So why do you and some at the top (if that is really where you are) whine so much?
    Actually that is not true. When you start paying as much as us in the top one percent you can claim we are whining

    we aren't the ones demanding more and more government like the ObamaTaxCare scheme

Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •