View Poll Results: In general, do you agee with the quote in the context of gun regulations/bans?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    23 82.14%
  • No

    4 14.29%
  • Other

    1 3.57%
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
Results 121 to 128 of 128

Thread: Gun Control: Liberty for Security

  1. #121
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Gun Control: Liberty for Security

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    why should I be hassled if I am giving a gun to my wife or my kid? or selling it to a friend I know isn't a mope.

    And why are criminals going to do this?....
    making sure that the person you are selling a gun to isn't a convicted felon, is a hassle for you?

    I consider it a patriotic thing to do and an act of civic responsibility.

    if you are selling a gun, you have a responsibility to make sure you aren't selling it to a dangerous person.

  2. #122
    Guru
    99percenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,073

    Re: Gun Control: Liberty for Security

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    why should I be hassled if I am giving a gun to my wife or my kid? or selling it to a friend I know isn't a mope.

    And why are criminals going to do this?

    I have a great idea: lets make all transfers of CRACK, COCAINE and CRYSTAL METH be required to be conducted by a LICENSED PHARMACIST and only people holding VALID PRESCRIPTIONS CAN BUY THE STUFF
    For you it should be a requirement as I'm sure you would give it to another bagger.
    bears, bulls, white sox fan 4 life!!!

  3. #123
    Educator Schutzengel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Last Seen
    04-20-13 @ 11:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    719

    Re: Gun Control: Liberty for Security

    Quote Originally Posted by 99percenter View Post
    For you it should be a requirement as I'm sure you would give it to another bagger.
    Really???

    Civil discourse stops where ad hominem attacks start...
    History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid. - Ike

    Tea is better for you than Kool-Aid.

  4. #124
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,592

    Re: Gun Control: Liberty for Security

    Quote Originally Posted by 99percenter View Post
    For you it should be a requirement as I'm sure you would give it to another bagger.
    One of the main reasons for owning guns is to deal with a remote situation of a government run by people who hold views as idiotic as the ones contained in your posts

  5. #125
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,592

    Re: Gun Control: Liberty for Security

    Quote Originally Posted by Schutzengel View Post
    Really???

    Civil discourse stops where ad hominem attacks start...
    99Percenter is actually a far right conservative who posts like a moon bat lefty in order to make reasonable liberals look insane through guilt by association

  6. #126
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,592

    Re: Gun Control: Liberty for Security

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    making sure that the person you are selling a gun to isn't a convicted felon, is a hassle for you?

    I consider it a patriotic thing to do and an act of civic responsibility.

    if you are selling a gun, you have a responsibility to make sure you aren't selling it to a dangerous person.
    Didn't you read my post?

    1) I certainly would know if my wife or brother or kid was a felon and it would be ILLEGAL to sell them a gun

    2) the people I work with have to have clean records

    3) same with gun shop employees.

    I also will sell to someone whom I have SEEN pass a background check

  7. #127
    Guru
    99percenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,073

    Re: Gun Control: Liberty for Security

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    99Percenter is actually a far right conservative who posts like a moon bat lefty in order to make reasonable liberals look insane through guilt by association
    Far right conservative? LOL. No i have not shot any liberal congresswoman so i dont think i'd be considered one.
    bears, bulls, white sox fan 4 life!!!

  8. #128
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Gun Control: Liberty for Security

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Didn't you read my post?

    1) I certainly would know if my wife or brother or kid was a felon and it would be ILLEGAL to sell them a gun

    2) the people I work with have to have clean records

    3) same with gun shop employees.

    I also will sell to someone whom I have SEEN pass a background check
    and what about folks who want to sell guns to folks they find from the newspaper or internet?

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •