View Poll Results: What is te top reason for the current US economic criss?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tax rates on job creators are too high.

    2 3.13%
  • Technology has eliminated many jobs

    1 1.56%
  • Our workforce is not qualified enough to demand high paying jobs in science and technology

    0 0%
  • Competition with cheap overseas labor

    22 34.38%
  • Healthcare reform

    0 0%
  • Too much regulation on business

    10 15.63%
  • Too little regulation on business

    19 29.69%
  • Barack Obama

    10 15.63%
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 174

Thread: What is the top reason for the current US economic problem?

  1. #161
    Professor
    sKiTzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    OC California
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 01:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,208

    Re: What is the top reason for the current US economic problem?

    Quote Originally Posted by Smeagol View Post
    It's probably a a combination of factors, but what would you say is the primary reason for the US economic problems?

    A personallly I attribute the greater weight of our situation on cheap overseas labor competing with relative high income American incomes needed due to our higher cost of living that has reached a peak in 2012. You can't buy a nice home in America for $20,000. You can in Mumbai.


    Mumbai Property Rates |Real Estate Mumbai|

    YouTube - Giant Sucking Sound - Ross Perot 1992 Presidential Debate.flv
    To be frank, I believe it is being done intentionally with the federal reserve parasites and big bankers behind it all. Think of the exorbitant sums of tax money they spend on contrived wars and black projects that further their private interests. They continue to allocate billions for this and more billions for that when we don't even have the money, and for things we could really do without, i.e. some new federal buildings that are ridiculously extravagent and state-of-the-art. Why would they consider such luxuries when the economy is failing and we are trillions in debt, not to mention we already have federal buildings that work just fine?

    The only logical answer is they want to buckle us because they have a different plan.
    I won't get into that here. Let's just say our government has been hijacked by a blood-thirsty power-hungry group of people who control the media and use bribery to accomplish what they want. They have an endless supply of money because they just print more, or give out more one-click home loans. Until everybody comes to terms with this, America is going to get darker and darker and will extinguish if left unchecked. Before you say anything, think for a moment about the American government over the past, say, 10 years. Do their actions support what I've just said or do their actions support the opposite of what I've just said?
    Last edited by sKiTzo; 08-03-12 at 07:19 PM.

  2. #162
    Professor
    sKiTzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    OC California
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 01:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,208

    Re: What is the top reason for the current US economic problem?

    Quote Originally Posted by Canell View Post
    Power distribution or rather power distortion.

    It took you 6 words to say what took me 2 paragraphs... and you did it without sounding all controversial!!
    Very impressive.

  3. #163
    Death2Globalists Matt Foley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ExecuteTheTraitors
    Last Seen
    11-24-12 @ 12:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,574

    Re: What is the top reason for the current US economic problem?

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    So prior to WW2, we never participated in the global economy?
    Prior to WW2, the average Tariff on all imports was around 35%.

    We didn't have the largest Whaling industry and export large amounts of Whale oil?
    That's not globalism, that's what we like to call, "whaling." Yeah.

    We didn't export Tobacco, Cotton and other agricultural goods before WW2?
    Exports =/= Globalism

    Crude oil wasn't first drilled in Pennsylvania and it's products exported to the rest of the world? We never imported goods from the rest of the world prior to WW2?
    I'm sure next you are going to say breathing oxygen and exhaling carbon dioxide is also Globalism since air molecules travel around the globe, unhindered too without being taxed.

    Really, no one in America ever had a job because their company exported to the world?
    Exports isn't the problem, imports is the problem.



    And that is not Globaisation of economies?
    Globalization is Free Trade and Open Borders, why what do you think it is?

    What are you referring to as globalisation? I am referring to economies becoming intertwined and interreliant on each other through trade and banking. You seem to be referring to the dropping of import/export restrictions and duties. Nations economies have been intertwined for a very longtime.
    Oh so in your word simply trading means globalization. Like trading carbon dioxide molecules that you exhale, indeed.




    So they existed in total isolation from the rest of the world?
    No, all African colonies were forced into Free Trade by their colonial masters. They were never allowed to protect startup industries, in fact this is what colonialism is all about.




    Please define what you mean by protectionist.
    What do you think it means

    Did the US block all imports? Did it disallow foreign investment and ownership in America? While we undoubtadly had some protectionist laws, we were not as a whole protectionist.
    Oh so you think it means blocking all imports. Indeed.
    Globalist = Free Trade, Open Borders, Multiculturalist, Anti-White Racist, Hypocrite, Sophist, Deceiver, Manipulator, Warmonger, Vulgar Culture, Morally Depraved......Enemy

    Death to Globalists

  4. #164
    User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    04-14-13 @ 01:27 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8

    Re: What is the top reason for the current US economic problem?

    Greed is the motivator to produce. It's a necessary evil. But the byproduct doesn't have be. Worse than greed is envy. You seem to be fixated on the negative.

  5. #165
    Death2Globalists Matt Foley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ExecuteTheTraitors
    Last Seen
    11-24-12 @ 12:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,574

    Re: What is the top reason for the current US economic problem?

    Quote Originally Posted by monty View Post
    Greed is the motivator to produce. It's a necessary evil. But the byproduct doesn't have be. Worse than greed is envy. You seem to be fixated on the negative.
    Who me? I'm not envious, I'm hateful. Execute all the Globalists, kill em all, so on and so forth.
    Globalist = Free Trade, Open Borders, Multiculturalist, Anti-White Racist, Hypocrite, Sophist, Deceiver, Manipulator, Warmonger, Vulgar Culture, Morally Depraved......Enemy

    Death to Globalists

  6. #166
    User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    04-14-13 @ 01:27 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8

    Re: What is the top reason for the current US economic problem?

    LOL. Those in power are fearful people will rise up. Judging by the way most of you talk I don't think those in power have anything to fear. The only way people will be able to rise up is to quit relying on their government to do everything for them. Wipe their nose, pat them on the back, and tell them all is going to be fine. Trust me. Yea, like anyone in power givers a rats behind about any of us. Every time you run to the government for a handout you strip us of one more liberty. You're trading your independence for dependence. Thus they are powerful and you're not.

  7. #167
    Student
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    02-22-13 @ 03:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    203

    Re: What is the top reason for the current US economic problem?

    So Matt, you're for international trade, but not free trade? Please do elaborate.

  8. #168
    Death2Globalists Matt Foley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ExecuteTheTraitors
    Last Seen
    11-24-12 @ 12:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,574

    Re: What is the top reason for the current US economic problem?

    Quote Originally Posted by Londoner View Post
    So Matt, you're for international trade, but not free trade? Please do elaborate.
    Yeah Tariffs are great.
    Globalist = Free Trade, Open Borders, Multiculturalist, Anti-White Racist, Hypocrite, Sophist, Deceiver, Manipulator, Warmonger, Vulgar Culture, Morally Depraved......Enemy

    Death to Globalists

  9. #169
    Advisor RoccoR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 05:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    530

    Arrow Re: What is the top reason for the current US economic problem?

    et al,

    MY RANT - The BLUF

    Q: What is the top reason for the current US economic problem?
    A: The ethics of greed, influence and power. The gullible nature of Americans. The lost of manufacturing and production capacity that once made American strong and prosperous. BUT, the "gullible nature of Americans" and their failure to hold the rich and powerful accountable is probably the biggest. It is how we come to believe there is such a thing as "Too Big to Fail."

    (COMMENT)

    In 1987, the movie "Wall Street" was made. In it, it had a character named "Gordon Gekko."

    Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Gekko:
    The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation. It's bull****. You got ninety percent of the American public out there with little or no net worth. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal. The news, war, peace, famine, upheaval, the price per paper clip. We pick that rabbit out of the hat while everybody sits out there wondering how the hell we did it. Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy? It's the free market. And you're a part of it. You've got that killer instinct. Stick around pal, I've still got a lot to teach you.

    The point is, ladies and gentleman, that greed, for lack of a better word, is good. Greed is right, greed works. Greed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit. Greed, in all of its forms; greed for life, for money, for love, knowledge has marked the upward surge of mankind. And greed, you mark my words, will not only save Teldar Paper, but that other malfunctioning corporation called the USA. Thank you very much.
    • The "who" is anybody that catches the brass-ring.
    • The "mantra" is to "maximize the wealth of the shareholder."
    • The "winner" is the greedy guy that comes out on top with the most power and influence.



    But behind it all is the greed for money, which gets you influence, that brings-on the power; that gets you more money, that radiates more influence, and brings more power.

    The nation is not run at all. You have to think of it as an environment for the greedy, influential, and powerful. In science, we would call it the fabric of greed. The country runs, not to improve the nation, but as a component for the greedy, influential, and powerful to move, manage and manipulate factors necessary to attain more money. The rest of us are just expendable pawns. Mitt Romney makes millions, not helping to rebuild America and putting people to work --- but by chopping companies and selling it off in pieces (the break-up value). If people (you and me) lose our jobs, our homes our livelihood, it makes no difference to the greedy, influential, and powerful. We are colateral damage - insignificant to and unimportant goal of "maximizing the wealth."

    Look at the key factor in the news today:

    Obama makes fundraising push to keep pace with Romney‎
    Washington Post - 1 hour ago Obama makes fundraising push to keep pace with Romney - The Washington Post
    Aug. 7, 2012 - President Obama continues to hammer home the message about Mitt Romney's proposed tax plan, while Romney took in $26 million more than Mr. Obama last month. (CBS News)

    Romney trounces Obama in fundraising for 3rd month - August 7, 2012 8:50 AM
    Romney trounces Obama in fundraising for 3rd month - CBS News
    "Over the course of the next three months, the other side is going to spend more money than we have ever seen on ads that basically say the same thing you've been hearing for the past three months," Obama said, then summarized their argument as "the economy is not where it needs to be and it's Obama's fault."


    It is not about loyalty, honesty, integrity, wisdom, ethics and values that runs America. These are all showcase concepts - but the money, that is what is important. In America, the nation is run by the greedy, influential, and powerful that buy Congressmen, Senators, and the Presidency. It's like the propaganda movie that portrays the Administration being heroic and saving the nation using public funds (taxpayer dollars) to bailout the banking and financial industries; then the follow-on stories about the how much they paid the CEO's in bonuses for putting the crisis forward in the name of greed.

    The defendants in the case – Dominick Carollo, Steven Goldberg and Peter Grimm – worked for GE Capital, the finance arm of General Electric. Along with virtually every major bank and finance company on Wall Street – not just GE, but J.P. Morgan Chase, Bank of America, UBS, Lehman Brothers, Bear Stearns, Wachovia and more – these three Wall Street wiseguys spent the past decade taking part in a breathtakingly broad scheme to skim billions of dollars from the coffers of cities and small towns across America. The banks achieved this gigantic rip-off by secretly colluding to rig the public bids on municipal bonds, a business worth $3.7 trillion. By conspiring to lower the interest rates that towns earn on these investments, the banks systematically stole from schools, hospitals, libraries and nursing homes – from "virtually every state, district and territory in the United States," according to one settlement. And they did it so cleverly that the victims never even knew they were being *cheated. No thumbs were broken, and nobody ended up in a landfill in New Jersey, but money disappeared, lots and lots of it, and its manner of disappearance had a familiar name: organized crime.

    Read more: The Scam Wall Street Learned From the Mafia | Politics News | Rolling Stone
    Do these names sound familiar? These are the guys that were too big to fail. We bailed them out, only to let them loose to do more damage to "America." When you can get the government to do that for you, that is POWER.

    It's not a "who" --- but a "what."

    OK: I vented, and now I'm back to normal and off the soapbox.

    Most Respectfully,
    R
    Last edited by RoccoR; 08-07-12 at 02:17 PM. Reason: Spelling, Grammar, Syntax

  10. #170
    Student
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    02-22-13 @ 03:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    203

    Re: What is the top reason for the current US economic problem?

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Foley View Post
    Yeah Tariffs are great.
    Fortunately we didn't go down that route in 2008, or we'd be risking another Depression.

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •