View Poll Results: What is te top reason for the current US economic criss?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tax rates on job creators are too high.

    2 3.13%
  • Technology has eliminated many jobs

    1 1.56%
  • Our workforce is not qualified enough to demand high paying jobs in science and technology

    0 0%
  • Competition with cheap overseas labor

    22 34.38%
  • Healthcare reform

    0 0%
  • Too much regulation on business

    10 15.63%
  • Too little regulation on business

    19 29.69%
  • Barack Obama

    10 15.63%
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 174

Thread: What is the top reason for the current US economic problem?

  1. #151
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: What is the top reason for the current US economic problem?

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    Your welcome. Now you know that I am not arguing from any effect it would have on me personally. Remaining with the old way, Obamacare or UHC, none of it changes anything for me. Most of my income comes from disability and isn't taxable, so none of it will even affect my Taxes very much.
    same here, 2/3 of my retirement is tax free, got medicare Parts A and B, don't need D, Tricare for Life for my supplemental insurance.
    Wife is covered the same as my dependant, and she has about the same retirement income as me, but none of it tax free.
    But I do sympathize with those who are young and facing uncertainty...our 7 grandkids are going to need all the help we can give them, which will be in the form of tuition and other education related expenses at the local state university...
    Already paid for the 2 kids college years ago.
    Even a hard life is worth living....all we can do is make the best of what income we are allowed to keep after the govt takes 'their share'....
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  2. #152
    Sage
    MoSurveyor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-13-17 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,985

    Re: What is the top reason for the current US economic problem?

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    Your welcome. Now you know that I am not arguing from any effect it would have on me personally. Remaining with the old way, Obamacare or UHC, none of it changes anything for me. Most of my income comes from disability and isn't taxable, so none of it will even affect my Taxes very much.
    What you showed me was you had a bad experience with government care and now you're against all forms of it. You're assuming UHC would be the same as what you experienced but I'm not convinced of that nor are many others.
    Mt. Rushmore: Three surveyors and some other guy.
    Life goes on within you and without you. -Harrison
    Hear the echoes of the centuries, Power isn't all that money buys. -Peart
    After you learn quantum mechanics you're never really the same again. -Weinberg

  3. #153
    Death2Globalists Matt Foley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ExecuteTheTraitors
    Last Seen
    11-24-12 @ 12:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,574

    Re: What is the top reason for the current US economic problem?

    I sense lots of fail in this post.

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    Where did this globalization start?
    After WW2

    OK, don't really know this one. But it was a long, long time ago.
    WW2 is a long long time ago?

    Who benefitted the most by it for a longtime...
    The rich

    Who parked battleships in Tokyo bay and forced the Japanese to enter the global market?

    The US.
    That's not globalism, it a game of merchantilism: looking for markets to export manufactured goods to, and import raw materials from.

    What nation has never had an isolationist economy......
    Every single former African colony.

    The US.
    Wrong, the US was a protectionist economy up till the end of WW2.
    Globalist = Free Trade, Open Borders, Multiculturalist, Anti-White Racist, Hypocrite, Sophist, Deceiver, Manipulator, Warmonger, Vulgar Culture, Morally Depraved......Enemy

    Death to Globalists

  4. #154
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    09-14-16 @ 12:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,415

    Re: What is the top reason for the current US economic problem?

    Quote Originally Posted by RDS View Post
    To put it succinctly, living beyond your means and keeping up with the joneses.
    and this is casued by lower wages from China slaves.

  5. #155
    Sage
    RDS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Last Seen
    10-10-17 @ 05:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,398

    Re: What is the top reason for the current US economic problem?

    Quote Originally Posted by 274ina View Post
    and this is casued by lower wages from China slaves.
    China slaves? At least the slaves in China were paid low wages compared to slavery.

  6. #156
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    Re: What is the top reason for the current US economic problem?

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Foley View Post
    I sense lots of fail in this post.



    After WW2



    WW2 is a long long time ago?
    So prior to WW2, we never participated in the global economy? We didn't have the largest Whaling industry and export large amounts of Whale oil? We didn't export Tobacco, Cotton and other agricultural goods before WW2? Crude oil wasn't first drilled in Pennsylvania and it's products exported to the rest of the world? We never imported goods from the rest of the world prior to WW2?



    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Foley View Post
    The rich
    Really, no one in America ever had a job because their company exported to the world?

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Foley View Post
    That's not globalism, it a game of merchantilism: looking for markets to export manufactured goods to, and import raw materials from.
    And that is not Globaisation of economies? What are you referring to as globalisation? I am referring to economies becoming intertwined and interreliant on each other through trade and banking. You seem to be referring to the dropping of import/export restrictions and duties. Nations economies have been intertwined for a very longtime.


    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Foley View Post
    Every single former African colony.
    So they existed in total isolation from the rest of the world? They didn't import or export goods and materials? Maybe they did have or still have greater restrictions and duties on imports. But then again, you argue that Globalisation is destroying the American economy and you are pointing out contries that you claim don't participate in Globalisation, go ahead, compare their economies to ours.


    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Foley View Post
    Wrong, the US was a protectionist economy up till the end of WW2.
    Please define what you mean by protectionist. Did the US block all imports? Did it disallow foreign investment and ownership in America? While we undoubtadly had some protectionist laws, we were not as a whole protectionist.

  7. #157
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Goldsboro,PA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,595
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: What is the top reason for the current US economic problem?

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    Absolutely, there are inherent differences between ethnicities. Blacks, for example, have much higher instances of Hypertension. Comparisons from what are essentially mono-ethnic countries vs diverse-ethnic do need to factor those in.

    Here is some data on the US broken down by race. http://www.census.gov/compendia/stat...es/12s0118.pdf

    As you can see from the charts there, some races have different health concerns. Check out Alzheimer's, 6th leading cause of death in whites, but drops to 14th for blacks, 13 for Native Americans, 10 for Asians and 12 for Hispanics. Diabetes kills at much higher rates in Native Americans and Blacks than in whites and Asians or Hispanics. Cancer is the leading cause of death for Asians, but Heart Disease for everyone else, and the percent of death to cancer is highest among Asians and lowest amongst Native Americans.

    Any healthcare system that only has to focus on one race does not have to meet the challenges of a multi-racial society.
    I disagree with your conclusion....its more a matter of education, family, wealth, NOT "race".
    And , how about the Canadian system ?
    Or are they so socially advanced that we can never catch up ??

  8. #158
    Student
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    02-22-13 @ 03:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    203

    Re: What is the top reason for the current US economic problem?

    Globalisation is evil! America is no longer the sole world superpower! Let the rest of the world squander in destitution!

  9. #159
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: What is the top reason for the current US economic problem?

    To answer the OP question, one word answer - credit. Personal and government. Spending more than we take in and passing that down the line.

  10. #160
    Sage
    RDS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Last Seen
    10-10-17 @ 05:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,398

    Re: What is the top reason for the current US economic problem?

    Quote Originally Posted by Londoner View Post
    Globalisation is evil! America is no longer the sole world superpower! Let the rest of the world squander in destitution!
    If globalisation is evil then the Olympics should not have been held in London.

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •