View Poll Results: Are savings from a tax law change "income the tax payer did not earn"?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, if the government takes less-it is unearned income for you

    0 0%
  • No-it was money you earned in the first place

    23 100.00%
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 107

Thread: Are savings from a tax law change "income the tax payer did not earn">

  1. #11
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,080

    Re: Are savings from a tax law change "income the tax payer did not earn">

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    or if a robber left half way through his crime because you obtained a weapon or the police sirens were heard, the criminal gave you all the stuff he couldn't take with him
    By not illegally utilizing collections means and methodologies to track down those posters and kill them, I have actually saved their lives, which means that they now owe me their lives. In return, I demand only that they agree not to vote.

    You see... it's not coercion... because I saved their lives.

  2. #12
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: Are savings from a tax law change "income the tax payer did not earn">

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    ah. Well then the Divine Right of Kings is a better governing system for him, perhaps; and he may want to look to leave this horrid land where the people are sovereign and government derives it's powers from them.

    He thinks the government is better able to use that money than he does.

    He might well be right as far as it concerns him

  3. #13
    White trash on dope.
    d0gbreath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Denton, TX
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,874

    Re: Are savings from a tax law change "income the tax payer did not earn">

    Geeze, get a room already!

  4. #14
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: Are savings from a tax law change "income the tax payer did not earn">

    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey Shane View Post
    Geeze, get a room already!
    I guess even you aren't willing to defend the idiocy

  5. #15
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:37 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,290
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Are savings from a tax law change "income the tax payer did not earn">

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Some posters have claimed that the Bush tax rates (now the Obama tax rates) which resulted in taxpayers receiving "Unearned income". In other words if you made 500K and your pre-Bush tax law Federal income tax was 150K and after the new tax rates were passed your tax became 135K does that 15K savings constitute 15K UNEARNED INCOME to you?
    Care to show some examples of what is being said? Not that I don't trust you to acurately explain...scratch that, I don't trust you to accurately explain some one else's opinions.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #16
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: Are savings from a tax law change "income the tax payer did not earn">

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Care to show some examples of what is being said? Not that I don't trust you to acurately explain...scratch that, I don't trust you to accurately explain some one else's opinions.

    LOL-and i thought you mods could find anything

    give me a few minutes

  7. #17
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: Are savings from a tax law change "income the tax payer did not earn">

    Here you go-its his comment about tax cuts to the rich

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal Fang View Post
    The usual fact-free rant and babble. When you do nothing differently yet $15 grand starts dropping into your lap every April for no apparent reason, you didn't EARN it.

  8. #18
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:37 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,290
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Are savings from a tax law change "income the tax payer did not earn">

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Here you go-its his comment about tax cuts to the rich
    And here is the post he was replying to:

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    OMG PRICELESS-the rich did nothing to EARN those tax cuts.

    that sums up your thinking perfectly

    Well I know why its a waste of time now to discuss taxes with you

    we have to EARN Tax cuts because its not really OUR Money


    thanks for the best laugh of the night
    In context, he is not saying what you claim. Color me shocked....
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Are savings from a tax law change "income the tax payer did not earn">

    Ya whoever said it was unearned income is flat out wrong, you earn every bit of income you make its just that the law requires you to give up a portion of it as taxes. A tax break isn't the government giving you more money its them taking less of your money. Its a simple but as others have pointed out fundamental part of the philosophy behind this and many other countries.

  10. #20
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: Are savings from a tax law change "income the tax payer did not earn">

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    And here is the post he was replying to:



    In context, he is not saying what you claim. Color me shocked....
    Uh wrong as usual

    he claimed that a tax cut results in unearned income to the tax payer

    the taxpayer earned the money in the first place

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •