View Poll Results: Is Venezuela's Chavez a threat to American National Security?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    6 11.76%
  • No

    44 86.27%
  • Other

    1 1.96%
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 134

Thread: Is Venezuela's Chavez a threat to American National Security?

  1. #101
    Anti political parties
    FreedomFromAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Mexico USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,040

    Re: Is Venezuela's Chavez a threat to American National Security?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal Fang View Post
    The only thugs around here are the propaganda-driven people without a clue who want to bash away at the people of Venezuela for having at long last thrown off a regime of brutal impoverishers and oppressors. I meanwhile haven't supported a single Chavez policy. The only one I've so much as mentioned was the free home heating oil provided to hundreds of thousands of freezing Ameican families. All I've done otherwise is point out the feeble and hollow nature of complaints lodged against Chavez. These phony critics need to come up with some better material.
    No people recognize that Chavez is no better than the previous regimes. Just because we recognize that Chavez is bad for the Venezuelan people does not automatically mean that we support the previous assholes. Venezuela can do much better than Hugo Chavez and his revolution.

  2. #102
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,081

    Re: Is Venezuela's Chavez a threat to American National Security?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal Fang View Post
    The only thugs around here are the propaganda-driven people without a clue who want to bash away at the people of Venezuela for having at long last thrown off a regime of brutal impoverishers and oppressors. I meanwhile haven't supported a single Chavez policy. The only one I've so much as mentioned was the free home heating oil provided to hundreds of thousands of freezing Ameican families. All I've done otherwise is point out the feeble and hollow nature of complaints lodged against Chavez. These phony critics need to come up with some better material.
    Chavez' thuggery and his support of other thugs is good reason enough to oppose him and recognize him for what he is. Hooray, he tried to embarrass the US by sending people heating oil while his own people suffered from food and energy shortages. woop-de-do.
    Last edited by cpwill; 07-26-12 at 07:04 PM.

  3. #103
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    02-15-14 @ 04:49 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,939

    Re: Is Venezuela's Chavez a threat to American National Security?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Chavez' thuggery and his support of other thugs is good reason enough to oppose him and recognize him for what he is.
    Is this another laughable reference to Chavez's attempts to kill off the Syrian people by sending them diesel for their trucks and farm equipment? Government tanks will have all the fuel they need in any case, or are you still too naive to have recognized that fact.

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Hooray, he tried to embarrass the US by sending people heating oil while his own people suffered from food and energy shortages. woop-de-do.
    You would rather see hundreds of thousands of low-income American families freeze in the winter than to have to sacrifice your crude poltical biases to the point of offering a single word of thanks to Hugo Chavez. What a fine, upstanding, and admirable sort you seem to be.

  4. #104
    Anti political parties
    FreedomFromAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Mexico USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,040

    Re: Is Venezuela's Chavez a threat to American National Security?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal Fang View Post
    Is this another laughable reference to Chavez's attempts to kill off the Syrian people by sending them diesel for their trucks and farm equipment? Government tanks will have all the fuel they need in any case, or are you still too naive to have recognized that fact.


    You would rather see hundreds of thousands of low-income American families freeze in the winter than to have to sacrifice your crude poltical biases to the point of offering a single word of thanks to Hugo Chavez. What a fine, upstanding, and admirable sort you seem to be.
    No politician does anything out of kindness of the heart. There are always motives that drive politicians that will in their estimation benefit them individually in some manner. In Chavez's case it is propagandist. Only about 7% of U.S. homes use oil heat today and out of that the actual people being helped is very small. What would actually help the poor is for Chavez to foot the bill for converting to natural gas which is more efficient, cheaper and cleaner. But then what he do with all that oil?

  5. #105
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    02-15-14 @ 04:49 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,939

    Re: Is Venezuela's Chavez a threat to American National Security?

    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFromAll View Post
    Only about 7% of U.S. homes use oil heat today and out of that the actual people being helped is very small.
    Repeat after me...
    It was hundreds of thousands of low-income households.
    It was hundreds of thousands of low-income households.
    It was hundreds of thousands of low-income households.
    It was hundreds of thousands of low-income households.
    It was hundreds of thousands of low-income households.

  6. #106
    Anti political parties
    FreedomFromAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Mexico USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,040

    Re: Is Venezuela's Chavez a threat to American National Security?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal Fang View Post
    Repeat after me...
    It was hundreds of thousands of low-income households.
    It was hundreds of thousands of low-income households.
    It was hundreds of thousands of low-income households.
    It was hundreds of thousands of low-income households.
    It was hundreds of thousands of low-income households.
    Which is still not a significate number no matter how many times that you repeat it. And as I said does not really help any or those poor people once their once in a lifetime 100 Gallons of fuel oil is used up. the typical oil tank holds somewhere near 600 gallons. The average house hold uses 100 gallons a month. So the so called help didnt even get the families in need through the entire winter months. If the idea was to actually help people than it would be more logical to spend the money on converting homes to natural gas instead. But Hugo and his fans get to run around and preach how great the dictator is being. meanwhile the citizens of Venezuela are having their own needs not being fulfilled by Chavez. Latin American Herald Tribune - Venezuela Oil Wealth Doesn't Stop Gasoline Shortages


    As it turned out, the distributors in question in Caracas turned out to be "collectives" -- the sort of small "socialistic" business that once found such favor with the president that he saw them as future models for the country as a whole. Chávez is said since to have grown disillusioned with collectives, not least because few of them are well run, and a quite a lot go to the wall after or despite generous state financing.

  7. #107
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,081

    Re: Is Venezuela's Chavez a threat to American National Security?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal Fang View Post
    Is this another laughable reference to Chavez's attempts to kill off the Syrian people by sending them diesel for their trucks and farm equipment?
    what is laughable about that is that there are people who honestly are willing to buy that it's for poor innocent farmers.

    And even willing to contradict their own claims in order to argue so.

    Government tanks will have all the fuel they need in any case, or are you still too naive to have recognized that fact.
    That is incorrect. The Syrian military has been in the field for 16 months now. They didn't go into this conflict with the greatest logistical support, they've lost control alot of their support infrastructure, and their ability to resupply has been severely degraded. That is one of the reasons why you see them consolidating their position, withdrawing from outlying areas into ones in which their internal MSR's are shorter. It is exceedingly likely that fuel is currently a critical vulnerability for the Syrian maneuver forces.


    However, Assad is hardly the only fellow thug that Chavez stands with and supports. He's been propping up the Castro regime for years, and aside from direct support to terror networks like the FARC himself, he's a big fan and ally of the worlds foremost terror-sponsoring regime, Iran. He's a client of the PRC. He's what you call "a bad guy".

    You would rather see hundreds of thousands of low-income American families freeze in the winter than to have to sacrifice your crude poltical biases to the point of offering a single word of thanks to Hugo Chavez. What a fine, upstanding, and admirable sort you seem to be.
    hey look!





    a Strawman!

  8. #108
    Iconoclast
    DaveFagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    wny
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:19 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,292

    Re: Is Venezuela's Chavez a threat to American National Security?

    The USA is the greatest supporter of terror networks. Our work in Iraq is terrorism. Terrorism in Latin America, South America, Iran, Syria, Libya,Venezuela, etc. Sometimes when one's head is stuck in the sand, it is hard to find reality, easy to find sand, I guess. Or not, eh?

  9. #109
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    02-15-14 @ 04:49 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,939

    Re: Is Venezuela's Chavez a threat to American National Security?

    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFromAll View Post
    Which is still not a significate number no matter how many times that you repeat it.
    Then the number of Americans killed in World War II was not significant either.

    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFromAll View Post
    And as I said does not really help any or those poor people once their once in a lifetime 100 Gallons of fuel oil is used up.
    Fail. The program has been in existence for seven years. Your link is to ONE of many local distributors having participated in the program over the years. Didn't know? Didn't care? Doesn't matter. You're pushing a fraud.

  10. #110
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    02-15-14 @ 04:49 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,939

    Re: Is Venezuela's Chavez a threat to American National Security?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    what is laughable about that is that there are people who honestly are willing to buy that it's for poor innocent farmers.
    That might be because only the rantings of deranged sociophobes stand to the contrary.

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    And even willing to contradict their own claims in order to argue so.
    LOL!

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    That is incorrect. The Syrian military has been in the field for 16 months now. They didn't go into this conflict with the greatest logistical support, they've lost control alot of their support infrastructure, and their ability to resupply has been severely degraded.
    You are on the ground in Syria then, I take it, and not at all just making this stuff up in your living room?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    That is one of the reasons why you see them consolidating their position, withdrawing from outlying areas into ones in which their internal MSR's are shorter. It is exceedingly likely that fuel is currently a critical vulnerability for the Syrian maneuver forces.
    WARNING: No facts were used in the manufacture of this post. It contains 100% pure, unrefined bias fortified with such essential nutrients as personal assumptions and suppositions having no actual or direct relation to reality at all.

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    However, Assad is hardly the only fellow thug that Chavez stands with and supports. He's been propping up the Castro regime for years, and aside from direct support to terror networks like the FARC himself, he's a big fan and ally of the worlds foremost terror-sponsoring regime, Iran. He's a client of the PRC. He's what you call "a bad guy".
    The "Castro regime" has run Cuba for fifty years. Canada has done more to prop it up than Chavez. FARC is a group of dedicated Colombian Marxists that's been around for decades. They use bases in Ecuador and Venezuela for training and as hiding places. They are not actually the friends of anyone. Chavez has been a leading voice espousing the causes of the Non-Aligned Movement. Iran is also a member and has rights that even American bloviators need to respect. Nobody is a bigger client of the PRC than the United States.

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    hey look! a Strawman!
    That's not a strawman at all. You have made it quite a bit more than crystal clear that you would willingly trade the health and well-being of hundreds of thousands of low-income Americans in order to preserve against continuing onslaughts of fact your own disinformed personal political biases and hatreds. Shame on you.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •