View Poll Results: Would You Rather Have Obamacare or a System of UHC?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • "Obamacare"

    8 14.81%
  • Universal Health Care

    46 85.19%
Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 228

Thread: "Obamacare" or UHC?

  1. #141
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: "Obamacare" or UHC?

    Neither.
    Self provided sufficiency.
    You don't want to buy it, or can't afford it, you don't get it, or the care.


    Today's lesson:

    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and food stamps ever in the history of the program.

    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please do not feed the animals." Their stated reason for the policy is because the animals will grow dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves.

    This ends today's lesson.

  2. #142
    versus the world
    Surtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The greatest planet in the world.
    Last Seen
    06-10-14 @ 03:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,017

    Re: "Obamacare" or UHC?

    Quote Originally Posted by OhIsee.Then View Post
    Like our armed forces. The weakest in the world. Right?
    But since people keep making this comparison, despite the fact that the US Military has and always was a component of the government, the US Military is wasteful and very inefficient. Billions could be saved by cutting waste alone.
    I love the NSA. It's like having a secret fan-base you will never see, but they're there, watching everything you write and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that I may be some person's only form of unconstitutional entertainment one night.

  3. #143
    Sage
    Dezaad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Last Seen
    06-28-15 @ 10:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    5,058
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: "Obamacare" or UHC?

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Neither.
    Self provided sufficiency.
    You don't want to buy it, or can't afford it, you don't get it, or the care.
    I don't understand the lesson... because I just KNOW you are not equating people and animals.
    You can never be safe from a government that can keep you completely safe from each other and the world. You must choose.

  4. #144
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    02-15-14 @ 04:49 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,939

    Re: "Obamacare" or UHC?

    Quote Originally Posted by Neomalthusian View Post
    That wasn't the emergent reason to need reform.
    If we had been receiving the best overall health care in the world, we likely wouldn't have made such a fuss over paying for it. It was having pretty much the worst overall health care while paying by far the most for it that got people bent out of shape.

    Quote Originally Posted by Neomalthusian View Post
    Unit. Down.
    And there is one example after another of just that in PPACA. Remember all those secret, backroom deals that Obama kept making with unions, doctors, hospitals, and drug and device manufacturers? All of those were to negotiate unit cost reductions that still allowed total costs (and profits) to increase. Of course, there wasn't any need to negotiate with public sector health systems. I've already noted multiple cost reduction provisions within those and won't repeat them here.

    Quote Originally Posted by Neomalthusian View Post
    I guess I'll have to assume that you quite simply dont care that the affordable care act was designed in a way that makes care less affordable, and thus deceive everyone as to it's function prior to being passed.
    Whoopee-cushion output until you can back it up with something other than empty copy-and-paste partisan palaver.

    Quote Originally Posted by Neomalthusian View Post
    I don't expect good math from anyone looking to justfy expanding handout programs.
    You have to just hate all those handout programs. Tax cuts for the rich? What next!

    Quote Originally Posted by Neomalthusian View Post
    It still encourages spending more on health care over time, when we ought to spend less.
    With the population both aging and increasing going forward, it should be readily apparent to anyone that total health care spending will and should be increasing over time. The issues are how much those increases will be and who will receive what sort of actual services and benefits in return. Those are the issues that PPACA deals with.

    Quote Originally Posted by Neomalthusian View Post
    Previously their revenues weren't federally mandated.
    They still aren't, except in the fun-house mirror world of a few whacko Liberty & Freedom types.

    Quote Originally Posted by Neomalthusian View Post
    None of it, huh?
    No, none of it. Remote paper-pushing is a lot like remote prayer. It may be of some help to those who engage in it, but it is of no direct benefit to the health of any patient at all.

  5. #145
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    02-15-14 @ 04:49 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,939

    Re: "Obamacare" or UHC?

    I see your off-the-wall ideas are routinely being deconstructed and dismissed with due disdain by others so I will not add unnecessarily to the pile. A couple of quick points, though...

    Quote Originally Posted by Neomalthusian View Post
    Medicare is the most fiscally destructive policy in the history of our nation.
    Medicare is currently some $300 billion in surplus since its inception.

    Quote Originally Posted by Neomalthusian View Post
    SCOTUS disagrees with that as the basis.
    The Court did not rule on questions under the General Welfare Clause.

  6. #146
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: "Obamacare" or UHC?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dezaad View Post
    I don't understand the lesson... because I just KNOW you are not equating people and animals.

    Of course humans are animals.

    Don't tell me I am exposing you to something you didn't know?

    And since we are, this was today's lesson:
    Today's lesson:

    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and food stamps ever in the history of the program.

    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please do not feed the animals." Their stated reason for the policy is because the animals will grow dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves.

    This ends today's lesson.

  7. #147
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: "Obamacare" or UHC?

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Of course humans are animals. [...]
    Well, that certainly explains why right wing zealots slaughter them with nary a speck of remorse. Thanks for solving that mystery.

  8. #148
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    8,180
    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    You recognize the difference between the cost of implementing PPACA and the costs of health care in the US, I sure hope. What they say PPACA will cost is in addition to what uncapped mandatory health insurance premiums will cost and what the actual medical care will cost.

  9. #149
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: "Obamacare" or UHC?

    Quote Originally Posted by Neomalthusian View Post
    You recognize the difference between the cost of implementing PPACA and the costs of health care in the US, I sure hope. What they say PPACA will cost is in addition to what uncapped mandatory health insurance premiums will cost and what the actual medical care will cost.
    Yes, this first baby step will basically assure that everyone has access to health care, the next step will be a single payer plan that reduces actual health care costs.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  10. #150
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: "Obamacare" or UHC?

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    Well, that certainly explains why right wing zealots slaughter them with nary a speck of remorse. Thanks for solving that mystery.
    Come again?

    What is your point?

    That human's slaughter other animals? If that is it, it isn't something new, and it isn't just done by one side of the political spectrum.

Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •