View Poll Results: How emotionally invested are you in politics?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Extremely emotionally invested

    3 9.38%
  • Very emotionally invested

    5 15.63%
  • Somewhat emotionally invested

    2 6.25%
  • Mildly emotionally invested

    7 21.88%
  • Not emotionally invested at all

    15 46.88%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 49 of 49

Thread: How emotionally invested are you in the 2012 Presidential election?

  1. #41
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: How emotionally invested are you in the 2012 Presidential election?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    Emotionally?

    0 - not a bit emotionally.

    I avoid basing my political votes on emotional issues.
    Oh pullleaze, women are overflowing with emotion all the time, and you ain't no Vulcan.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  2. #42
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: How emotionally invested are you in the 2012 Presidential election?

    Quote Originally Posted by Paschendale View Post
    I'm pretty invested. But it's my job, so I kinda have to be.
    Your job ?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  3. #43
    Guru
    Smeagol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    02-19-17 @ 11:35 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,147

    Re: How emotionally invested are you in the 2012 Presidential election?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    It's no problem, and I don't personally find it very insulting personally but rather a bit more sad. I don't think it was your intention to be insulting, but I was just more wanting to point out how you basically have a near cartoonish stereotype of a conservative in your head based on what you immediately leapt to.
    There may be some truth to that. You've got me thinking. You do understand any perception I have is based upon experiences I've had. My email inbox is regularly full of some of the ridiculous stuff from my conservative friends you can imagine. I've engaged many in conversation on the issues and honest to goodness in most cases they seem incapable of putting forth a case unless its based on the current right-wing talking points verbatim, thus making dialog nearly impossible because they seem only equipped to sound off bullet points.

    True story: just this week I was having a face to face chat with a conservative friend of mine. This person happens to be a significant player in the GOP. We were talking about energy and of course the conservative position is:

    "drill baby drill"
    "all of the above"
    "develop our own resources"

    ...verbatim, of course.

    I took the opportunity to bring up some factors outside of those talking points making the case for electric cars touching on things like the new advancements being made in electric car technology, the power OPEC has over the US economy, OPECs admitted history of temporarily flooding the market with cheap oil whenever alternative technologies that threaten to end the monopoly oil has on American transportation in order to bankrupt those initiatives, nation security ramifications, etc. and he was totally speechless and just threw his hands up in frustration and couldn't even talk about it because the memorized talking points didn't include answers to those concerns.

  4. #44
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,123

    Re: How emotionally invested are you in the 2012 Presidential election?

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Your job ?
    Apparently the President of the United States really is a Socialist.

  5. #45
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: How emotionally invested are you in the 2012 Presidential election?

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Oh pullleaze, women are overflowing with emotion all the time, and you ain't no Vulcan.
    I've been assured by many men in my life that "I'm not like other women" so apparently my testosterone levels have peaked out exceptionally high and somehow my estrogen has managed to balance with it.

    No - I don't vote on emotional issues. . . emotional issues for me are things like abortion, gay marriage, militaria activity, and so forth. I try to focus on the reasonable, political and logical issues - using history, evidence, statistics and facts to back things up. Anything that would lighten my husband's military burden and make our married life easier in that way. . . ending the war, etc etc etc. But I'm not siding on that.

    Right now what's important to me is foreign policy and our nation's economic future which encompasses things such as taxation and views on the role government can or should play in economic boosting . . . etc.
    Last edited by Aunt Spiker; 07-12-12 at 10:20 AM.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  6. #46
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: How emotionally invested are you in the 2012 Presidential election?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    I've been assured by many men in my life that "I'm not like other women" .
    When the roles are reversed, and women tells a man "you are not like other men", that's usually the kiss of death. At least for those women who are strongly into male/female roles, it means she's looking for the bad boy and sees the man as being uninteresting sexually because he is too nice, too emotionally available, and not masculine enough. It's part of that language that often includes the line "you're a nice guy, but......" sort of rap where she has put a man into the "friend only" category rather than "lover".
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  7. #47
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: How emotionally invested are you in the 2012 Presidential election?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    The only fun thing about this whole election is watching all my progressive friends have a fit because I am voting Romney, lol.
    It's your vote. Go for it.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #48
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:19 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,417

    Re: How emotionally invested are you in the 2012 Presidential election?

    I voted "very", but only because I am frustrated over the likelihood that nothing will change. It's going to be more of the same old stuff.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  9. #49
    Death2Globalists Matt Foley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ExecuteTheTraitors
    Last Seen
    11-24-12 @ 12:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,574

    Re: How emotionally invested are you in the 2012 Presidential election?

    Quote Originally Posted by molten_dragon View Post
    Mildly invested. There's no point in worrying about it more, because regardless of who wins, nothing will change in a major way.
    Well damn, youtube no longer has Biden's "That's not change, it's more of the same" speech.
    Globalist = Free Trade, Open Borders, Multiculturalist, Anti-White Racist, Hypocrite, Sophist, Deceiver, Manipulator, Warmonger, Vulgar Culture, Morally Depraved......Enemy

    Death to Globalists

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •