View Poll Results: SHould Romney Release Publically the Info Mentioned?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    33 76.74%
  • No

    6 13.95%
  • Other/Don't know

    4 9.30%
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 147

Thread: Should Romney Be Expected To Release Tax Records and Financial Holding Records?

  1. #51
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,990

    Re: Should Romney Be Expected To Release Tax Records and Financial Holding Records?

    Quote Originally Posted by RDS View Post
    There are legitimate ways that could have happened, just as there are potentially legitimate reasons for parking large sums of money in overseas tax havens. But we don’t know which if any of those legitimate reasons apply in Mr. Romney’s case — because he has refused to release any details about his finances. This refusal to come clean suggests that he and his advisers believe that voters would be less likely to support him if they knew the truth about his investments.

    And that is precisely why voters have a right to know that truth. Elections are, after all, in part about the perceived character of the candidates — and what a man does with his money is surely a major clue to his character.
    Jesus Christ. This entire logic line may as well come word for word out of the play book of the Birther's and the people who ignorantly drone on about his school records and such.

    Step 1. Make accusation
    Step 2. Demand things you have no real right to have
    Step 3. If demands aren't met, insinuate and/or directly suggest something nefarious occuring
    Step 4. Demand things again, suggest people have a "right" to the persons information
    Step 5. If demands aren't met again, continue to claim victory for your hypothesis as if it's fact.

    I've got no issue with the general notion of feeling like you want to see Romney's records. However it's the method it's largely being done, the method in which actions are occuring after the demands are made, the hypocritical nature of many of those making the demands, and the level of expectation taken as some kind of fact that I have an issue with.

  2. #52
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: Should Romney Be Expected To Release Tax Records and Financial Holding Records?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    So you do not understand the difference between financial records and college records? That is kinda sad....
    I've had to give out schools records for every job I tried to get. not once did I have to disclose financial records.

    this is more class warfare bull**** from hacks.

  3. #53
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,115

    Re: Should Romney Be Expected To Release Tax Records and Financial Holding Records?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Why do you feel it is irrelevant?

    Why do you feel the need to call anything you don't like class warfare?
    the purpose of this is class warfare. maybe Romney should indeed release everything else, but let's not pretend that ya'll are really convinced that we need to make sure Romney hasn't been reporting bribes from the Russians to the IRS

  4. #54
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:53 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should Romney Be Expected To Release Tax Records and Financial Holding Records?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    the purpose of this is class warfare. maybe Romney should indeed release everything else, but let's not pretend that ya'll are really convinced that we need to make sure Romney hasn't been reporting bribes from the Russians to the IRS

    Oh bull****. The class warfare crap is really old guys, and no more accurate now than ever.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #55
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,115

    Re: Should Romney Be Expected To Release Tax Records and Financial Holding Records?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Oh bull****. The class warfare crap is really old guys, and no more accurate now than ever.
    It is indeed bull****, but that's where we are. Rich people are greedy and evil, and those with swiss accounts are always the mustache swirling villian, right lpast?

  6. #56
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:53 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should Romney Be Expected To Release Tax Records and Financial Holding Records?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    It is indeed bull****, but that's where we are. Rich people are greedy and evil, and those with swiss accounts are always the mustache swirling villian, right lpast?
    Keep building that straw man cp. Some day you might construct an actuial argument, but not doing it this way.

    Hint: trying to portray some one as not being in touch with their issues is not "class warfare". You need a new meme.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #57
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,990

    Re: Should Romney Be Expected To Release Tax Records and Financial Holding Records?

    The class warfare thing is becoming as obnoxious as the "racism" thing of '08.

    Every person wanting to know about Romney's finances or having issues with his stance on taxes or his actions in business is not trying to do "class warfare". Are some people? Absolutely. But there's legitimate reasons people can be questioning it other than simply attempting to demonize the rich or suggesting that becuase he's a different CLASS he can't possibly understand people/be a good President.

    The immediete jump to "CLASS WARFARE" anytime criticism of Romney that relate to his wealth, financial views, business views, etc is no more useful, accurate, or appropriate than the jump to "racism" with regards to Obama. The need to declare everyone talking about it as engaging in "class warfare" needs to just stop.

  8. #58
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:09 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,902

    Re: Should Romney Be Expected To Release Tax Records and Financial Holding Records?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    no one really objectively cares--but the class warfare dems know that running on Obama's pathetic record is a sure fire loser so they divert by demanding this stuff so they can pander to the low wattage minions who are upset that anyone is wealthy
    What nonsense. Lots of people deeply care. And the thing that motivates them is the answer to one simple question: does Mitt Romney have the values to lead America and its people or is he a selfish bastard who cares only for his own greed while screwing the American people.

    I do not think any Americans had questions about the American patriotism of Dwight Eisenhower of Richard Nixon or John Kennedy or Jimmy Carter or George Bush. Many had serious differences of opinion about issues and policy positions but everyone accepted that those men running for President of the USA wanted the best for America and its people.

    With Romney we get a man who perhaps has decided that his own personal financial interests matter much more than those of the nation he wants to lead.

    And that serious question must be examined in detail and in depth. It may be one of the two or three biggest issues in this election.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  9. #59
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,165

    Re: Should Romney Be Expected To Release Tax Records and Financial Holding Records?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    The class warfare thing is becoming as obnoxious as the "racism" thing of '08.

    Every person wanting to know about Romney's finances or having issues with his stance on taxes or his actions in business is not trying to do "class warfare". Are some people? Absolutely. But there's legitimate reasons people can be questioning it other than simply attempting to demonize the rich or suggesting that becuase he's a different CLASS he can't possibly understand people/be a good President.

    The immediete jump to "CLASS WARFARE" anytime criticism of Romney that relate to his wealth, financial views, business views, etc is no more useful, accurate, or appropriate than the jump to "racism" with regards to Obama. The need to declare everyone talking about it as engaging in "class warfare" needs to just stop.
    So it's class warriors vs. racists, then?

    I agree with you, but it's unlikely that anybody will listen to crazy people like us.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  10. #60
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,990

    Re: Should Romney Be Expected To Release Tax Records and Financial Holding Records?

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    So it's class warriors vs. racists, then?

    I agree with you, but it's unlikely that anybody will listen to crazy people like us.
    Oh come on, you think in a discussion where people think "Romney has money in accounts that aren't in the US so he hates America and wouldn't doesn't want what's best for it's poeple" that they aren't going to listen to things like what I posted? Pish posh, you really are crazy!

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •