View Poll Results: SHould Romney Release Publically the Info Mentioned?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    33 76.74%
  • No

    6 13.95%
  • Other/Don't know

    4 9.30%
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 147

Thread: Should Romney Be Expected To Release Tax Records and Financial Holding Records?

  1. #131
    Pragmatic Idealist
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,129

    Re: Should Romney Be Expected To Release Tax Records and Financial Holding Records?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    If obama jacks up the tax on the top bracket to the 40% he wants, treats dividend income as ordinary income and imposes his health care taxes as he wants he will be the biggest tax hiker he will be the biggest tax hiker I (and most people under the age of 85) have ever seen
    Fair enough. This additional information is very much appreciated. That said, blaming a guy for being the largest hiker we have ever seen based upon what he might do seems a bit disingenuous, particularly since his real resume is being a net tax cutter delivering the lowest taxes in 60 years.

    Under Obama Taxes Reach Lowest Level Since Truman - Robert Schlesinger (usnews.com)

    Now, we can appreciate the fact you don't trust the guy, but only Christ can condemn a man for what is in his heart; us mortals must deal with what he has actually done, which again is that he has been a tax cutter. Now I say this with full acknowledgement that you are not a Christ believing man (as you have claimed in the past), so in your world, there is no one that can condemn a man for what is in his heart.

    I think the idea of ascribing blame to some one based upon what YOU think they might do is a slippery slope of argument.

    I would also argue that allowing a temporary tax to expire is not the same thing as raising taxes, but that is a another argument.
    Last edited by upsideguy; 07-13-12 at 10:47 PM.

  2. #132
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,138

    Re: Should Romney Be Expected To Release Tax Records and Financial Holding Records?

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    That said, blaming a guy for being the largest hiker we have ever seen based upon what he might do seems a bit disingenuous, particularly since his real resume is being a net tax cutter delivering the lowest taxes in 60 years.

    Under Obama Taxes Reach Lowest Level Since Truman - Robert Schlesinger (usnews.com)
    This is as a share of GDP. Except that revenue follows GDP rather than nominal rates. So - though you probably didn't intend it - what you actually just argued here is that under Obama GDP growth is so atrocious that it's creating as huge a negative disruption to revenues as the massive shifts of men and resources following the end of WWII.

    there's no pwnage like self-pwnage.
    Last edited by cpwill; 07-14-12 at 10:29 AM.

  3. #133
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Should Romney Be Expected To Release Tax Records and Financial Holding Records?

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    Fair enough. This additional information is very much appreciated. That said, blaming a guy for being the largest hiker we have ever seen based upon what he might do seems a bit disingenuous, particularly since his real resume is being a net tax cutter delivering the lowest taxes in 60 years.

    Under Obama Taxes Reach Lowest Level Since Truman - Robert Schlesinger (usnews.com)

    Now, we can appreciate the fact you don't trust the guy, but only Christ can condemn a man for what is in his heart; us mortals must deal with what he has actually done, which again is that he has been a tax cutter. Now I say this with full acknowledgement that you are not a Christ believing man (as you have claimed in the past), so in your world, there is no one that can condemn a man for what is in his heart.

    I think the idea of ascribing blame to some one based upon what YOU think they might do is a slippery slope of argument.

    I would also argue that allowing a temporary tax to expire is not the same thing as raising taxes, but that is a another argument.
    My irony meter!!!!

    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  4. #134
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:12 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,333
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should Romney Be Expected To Release Tax Records and Financial Holding Records?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    This is as a share of GDP. Except that revenue follows GDP rather than nominal rates. So - though you probably didn't intend it - what you actually just argued here is that under Obama GDP growth is so atrocious that it's creating as huge a negative disruption to revenues as the massive shifts of men and resources following the end of WWII.

    there's no pwnage like self-pwnage.
    Still touting Hauser's (failed) Law? It failed, the range within it is huge, and trying to suggest nominal rates don't effect revenue is stupid.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #135
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,667

    Re: Should Romney Be Expected To Release Tax Records and Financial Holding Records?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Still touting Hauser's (failed) Law? It failed, the range within it is huge, and trying to suggest nominal rates don't effect revenue is stupid.
    The SAME nominal rates, that YOU praise Obama for, are the very "Bush" FIT rates that Obama BLAMES for the economic slow growth. You fail to note the the annual federal deficit has DOUBLED under the Obama tax/spending policies, or that his big PPACA "accomplishement" continues to grow in the CBO estimates of its increased cost to the taxpayers.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  6. #136
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:12 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,333
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should Romney Be Expected To Release Tax Records and Financial Holding Records?

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    The SAME nominal rates, that YOU praise Obama for, are the very "Bush" FIT rates that Obama BLAMES for the economic slow growth. You fail to note the the annual federal deficit has DOUBLED under the Obama tax/spending policies, or that his big PPACA "accomplishement" continues to grow in the CBO estimates of its increased cost to the taxpayers.
    Wait, what? I praised Obama for nominal rates? You can of course show where I did this. Or admit you are making **** up.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #137
    Gone

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-16-16 @ 03:15 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    8,585

    Re: Should Romney Be Expected To Release Tax Records and Financial Holding Records?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    If Romney didn't try to avoid taxes I'd find him too stupid to vote for
    This simple statement really does define you as a citizen...and to be honest, simply voting as someone like you does, would make me question my own integrity.

  8. #138
    Sage
    samsmart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,316
    Blog Entries
    37

    Re: Should Romney Be Expected To Release Tax Records and Financial Holding Records?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Much is being made right now of Romney having a Swiss bank account, not having released all his tax records, and his offshore holdings. Is it fair and right to expect him to release all that information to the public?
    Don't know nor care.

    Romney is just as free to release them or not as voters are just as free to not vote for him over it.
    Also, we need to legalize recreational drugs and prostitution.

  9. #139
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,667

    Re: Should Romney Be Expected To Release Tax Records and Financial Holding Records?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Wait, what? I praised Obama for nominal rates? You can of course show where I did this. Or admit you are making **** up.
    I stand corrected. That was upsideguy's post (yet you did NOT object to that post, either).
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  10. #140
    Professor

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    MI and AZ
    Last Seen
    03-15-15 @ 01:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,581

    Re: Should Romney Be Expected To Release Tax Records and Financial Holding Records?

    The question for this poll is: "Should Romney Be Expected To Release Tax Records and Financial Holding Records?"
    And there have been several POV on this issue, but I think I've been missing something. Romney and team has been touting his business expertise where Obama has none. The basic contention is that Romney knows how to run an American business because he has done a lot of that, many businesses, successfully and become rich doing it. As I'm to understand it, he started with little and by operating American businesses, small to large, providing jobs to many, he became rich and deserved it. So what if he did some tax avoidance in the Caribbean islands and had some Swiss bank accounts; this was all minor compared to his real American business that he ran providing jobs for Americans. What I haven't been able to find out is what are the American businesses he ran, how small did he start, approximately how many American jobs did he create. Where can I find out what I want to know? Please help me.
    Last edited by OhIsee.Then; 07-14-12 at 01:52 PM.

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •