View Poll Results: Mmm?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, liberals expect everyone to have the warm and fuzzies.

    2 50.00%
  • Yes, liberals are self-hating cold people.

    0 0%
  • No, liberals just ignore cold people.

    1 25.00%
  • No, liberals are actually cold, and hate warm people.

    1 25.00%
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 117

Thread: Do Liberals Hate "Cold" People?

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    09-18-12 @ 08:07 AM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    3,245

    Do Liberals Hate "Cold" People?

    One of the things liberals seem to have in common is a belief that people are naturally emotionally driven, and that anyone who isn't deserves to be suspected of guilt from the instant you meet them. If you're not active nor active in a compatible way, liberals really enjoy making a popular appeal to emotional misery, expecting those who feel differently to conform or be institutionalized.

    I suspect this is why liberals support universal health care, welfare, environmental regulation, demographic equality, and labor reform. Ultimately, it's a psychological issue. Liberals just don't understand (or care) how different people can feel differently. They don't realize how everyone isn't born with fiery emotional gumption, and resist letting "cold" people take their time, planning out how to live their own lives.

    It's like they deliberately want to sabotage cool minds in order to prevent them from getting ahead. That way, they become dependent on bureaucracy to fix their problems and help them assimilate into society. Besides, bureaucrats need jobs too. If it ain't broke, and you're a repairman, you need to break something in order to fix it.

  2. #2
    Guru

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    11-24-13 @ 11:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,001

    Re: Do Liberals Hate "Cold" People?

    Quote Originally Posted by Daktoria View Post
    One of the things liberals seem to have in common is a belief that people are naturally emotionally driven, and that anyone who isn't deserves to be suspected of guilt from the instant you meet them. If you're not active nor active in a compatible way, liberals really enjoy making a popular appeal to emotional misery, expecting those who feel differently to conform or be institutionalized.

    I suspect this is why liberals support universal health care, welfare, environmental regulation, demographic equality, and labor reform. Ultimately, it's a psychological issue. Liberals just don't understand (or care) how different people can feel differently. They don't realize how everyone isn't born with fiery emotional gumption, and resist letting "cold" people take their time, planning out how to live their own lives.

    It's like they deliberately want to sabotage cool minds in order to prevent them from getting ahead. That way, they become dependent on bureaucracy to fix their problems and help them assimilate into society. Besides, bureaucrats need jobs too. If it ain't broke, and you're a repairman, you need to break something in order to fix it.


    Multiculturism is a big thing to liberals.

    Why should we live with people who are different from us?

  3. #3
    versus the world
    Surtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The greatest planet in the world.
    Last Seen
    06-10-14 @ 03:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,017

    Re: Do Liberals Hate "Cold" People?

    I don't know, don't really care. People of all political leans have hated me for one reason or another, and zero is the number of ****s I give.
    I love the NSA. It's like having a secret fan-base you will never see, but they're there, watching everything you write and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that I may be some person's only form of unconstitutional entertainment one night.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    09-18-12 @ 08:07 AM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    3,245

    Re: Do Liberals Hate "Cold" People?

    Quote Originally Posted by johnny_rebson View Post
    Multiculturism is a big thing to liberals.

    Why should we live with people who are different from us?
    Exactly.

    Liberals engage in emotional prejudice because they want others to feel what it's like being discriminated against for being different.

    The problem is liberals don't care about how they're exercising reverse racism even against innocents.

    I remember growing up being taught about diversity, and I never really cared about that. If you were different, you were different. So what?

    But liberals insisted on calling people prejudiced, and if you didn't partake in affirmative action, you were a racist.

    President Bush said you're either with us or against us when invading Iraq. Liberals are no different.

  5. #5
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Do Liberals Hate "Cold" People?

    Quote Originally Posted by Daktoria View Post
    Exactly.

    Liberals engage in emotional prejudice because they want others to feel what it's like being discriminated against for being different.

    The problem is liberals don't care about how they're exercising reverse racism even against innocents.

    I remember growing up being taught about diversity, and I never really cared about that. If you were different, you were different. So what?

    But liberals insisted on calling people prejudiced, and if you didn't partake in affirmative action, you were a racist.

    President Bush said you're either with us or against us when invading Iraq. Liberals are no different.
    Where do you come up with this stuff?

  6. #6
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,157

    Re: Do Liberals Hate "Cold" People?

    Liberals do seem, in the general sense and with exceptions, to be more emotion-driven than conservatives or other ideologies.


    Emotion is not to be despised, though; it is one of the things that makes us human, along with intellect and opposable thumbs. Emotionless persons have many difficulties relating to others and to society. If humans were not sometimes motivated by emotions, by compassion, we could well end up with a very callous (if not brutal) society.

    IMHO a balance is needed, but probably a balance that leans a bit more towards logic and reason than toward emotion.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    09-18-12 @ 08:07 AM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    3,245

    Re: Do Liberals Hate "Cold" People?

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    Where do you come up with this stuff?
    I was accused of being racist in my "African American Heritage" poll despite not having a racist bone in my body.

    Anyway, New York sucks. They indoctrinate students in multiculturalism from the time you're 4-5 years old.

    I also attended a university with an extensive education program, and the next generation's teachers are very obviously reiterated in the same dogma, appealing to the garbage moral lessons they learned growing up.

    It's so bad that if you're not a multiculturalist, then you're a racist.
    Last edited by Daktoria; 07-08-12 at 02:15 PM.

  8. #8
    Ideologically Impure
    Simon W. Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Fayettenam
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,891
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Do Liberals Hate "Cold" People?

    Quote Originally Posted by Daktoria View Post
    One of the things liberals seem to have in common is a belief that people are naturally emotionally driven, and that anyone who isn't deserves to be suspected of guilt from the instant you meet them.
    I am not commenting your assessment of some group of people. But, I do think that any human who thinks that they're primarily rational critter is fooling himself. IME, people are capable of rationality, but we're not rational creatures.
    Iirc, there's even been some research with brain scans etc which suggests that even though we make some decisions first and justify them later, subjectively it seems that we thought it out first and then made our decision.

    Pardon my interruption of this bait thread.
    I may be wrong.

  9. #9
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,157

    Re: Do Liberals Hate "Cold" People?

    Quote Originally Posted by Daktoria View Post
    I was accused of being racist in my "African American Heritage" poll despite not having a racist bone in my body.

    Anyway, New York sucks. They indoctrinate students in multiculturalism from the time you're 4-5 years old.

    I also attended a university with an extensive education program, and the next generation's teachers are very obviously reiterated in the same dogma, appealing to the garbage moral lessons they learned growing up.

    It's so bad that if you're not a multiculturalist, then you're a racist.

    I don't have a problem with a certain level of multiculturalism.

    If you want to keep some traditions from your homeland alive within your family/community, that's fine. Celebrate Cinco de Mayo, go nuts over the World Cup, whatever. If you want your children to be billingual in your native tongue as well as English, fine. Cook your national cuisine, no problemo.

    Where I think multiculturalism becomes a problem is when we try to view all cultures as equal, and refuse to define a certain set of core values as distinctly American values that ought to be universal across the nation.

    For instance, we ought to have a common language, and it ought to be English because that's what most people here speak and it is our original common-tongue. If you and I are both American, but we are unable to communicate because neither of us speaks the other's language, THAT is a HUGE problem in achieving any sort of national unity or common identity.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    09-18-12 @ 08:07 AM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    3,245

    Re: Do Liberals Hate "Cold" People?

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon W. Moon View Post
    I am not commenting your assessment of some group of people. But, I do think that any human who thinks that they're primarily rational critter is fooling himself. IME, people are capable of rationality, but we're not rational creatures.
    Oh, don't get me wrong. Liberals are very intelligent. They're socially manipulative like nobody else and deliberately engage in irrationality so other people have to think for them.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •