View Poll Results: What SHOULD BE the primary issue of the 2012 Presidential election?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Healthcare

    5 10.00%
  • Jobs / Economy

    29 58.00%
  • Immigration

    0 0%
  • Social Issues (i.e.; abortion, gay issues, etc.)

    3 6.00%
  • Foreign Policy (includes "war on terror", etc.)

    2 4.00%
  • Foreign Policy (includes "war on terror", etc.)

    0 0%
  • Other

    11 22.00%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 48

Thread: What SHOULD BE the primary issue of the 2012 Presidential election?

  1. #31
    versus the world
    Surtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The greatest planet in the world.
    Last Seen
    06-10-14 @ 03:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,017

    Re: What SHOULD BE the primary issue of the 2012 Presidential election?

    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    Wonder what kinda soap opera Mexican politics resembles in that case.
    Mexico is more like the movies:

    What SHOULD BE the primary issue of the 2012 Presidential election?-220px-fast_and_furious_poster-jpg

    What SHOULD BE the primary issue of the 2012 Presidential election?-mv5bmtq5nzi3otq3nf5bml5banbnxkftztcwodczmjmzmq-_v1-_sy317_cr4-0-214-317_-jpg

    What SHOULD BE the primary issue of the 2012 Presidential election?-220px-blow_poster-jpg
    I love the NSA. It's like having a secret fan-base you will never see, but they're there, watching everything you write and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that I may be some person's only form of unconstitutional entertainment one night.

  2. #32
    Sage
    jet57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    not here
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:14 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    24,723

    Re: What SHOULD BE the primary issue of the 2012 Presidential election?

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    What SHOULD BE the primary issue of the 2012 Presidential election?

    1. Healthcare
    2. Jobs / Economy
    3. Immigration
    4. Social Issues (i.e.; abortion, gay issues, etc.)
    5. Foreign Policy (includes "war on terror", etc.)
    6. Character
    7. Other


    What will be, and what should be, may end up being the same. Time will tell.
    Labor
    char/10
    “The people do no want virtue; but they are the dupes of pretended patriots” : Elbridge Gerry of Mass; Constitutional Convention 1787

  3. #33
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:29 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,417

    Re: What SHOULD BE the primary issue of the 2012 Presidential election?

    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    Wonder what kinda soap opera Mexican politics resembles in that case.
    Guatemala.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  4. #34
    User
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-12-12 @ 10:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34

    Re: What SHOULD BE the primary issue of the 2012 Presidential election?

    Quote Originally Posted by zgoldsmith23 View Post
    The President can take a stance on it and call for legislation but he can't just do it. We are electing a President in a democracy, not a dictator in a totalitarian state.

    Surely you realize by working towards fixing the economy, we allow more innovation which could permit more "green" technology - the same technology you seem to long for so dearly.
    I agree the POTUS can't reverse climate change. Perhaps not even humanity can now stop what has been set in motion. But there is a moral imperative to try because billions of lives are on the line. The press ignores the crisis and most politicians exhibit cowardice.

    As to economics, I believe the main problems are political rather than purely economic. For example if we had fully funded federal elections and nonprofit news reporting about those elections, we would have a chance to drastically reduce corporate welfare and American imperialism, two of the biggest drains on the economy.

  5. #35
    Professor
    Bigfoot 88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    12-01-15 @ 06:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,027
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: What SHOULD BE the primary issue of the 2012 Presidential election?

    Money and Banking
    "I have never understood why it is "greed" to want to keep the money you have earned but not greed to want to take somebody else's money." -Thomas Sowell

  6. #36
    Antichrist
    zgoldsmith23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    TN
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 12:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,692

    Re: What SHOULD BE the primary issue of the 2012 Presidential election?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aspasia View Post
    I agree the POTUS can't reverse climate change. Perhaps not even humanity can now stop what has been set in motion. But there is a moral imperative to try because billions of lives are on the line. The press ignores the crisis and most politicians exhibit cowardice.

    As to economics, I believe the main problems are political rather than purely economic. For example if we had fully funded federal elections and nonprofit news reporting about those elections, we would have a chance to drastically reduce corporate welfare and American imperialism, two of the biggest drains on the economy.
    The press ignores the crisis? I hear and read stories daily about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    I've never denied my own hackish tendencies
    Quote Originally Posted by Pin dÁr View Post
    scientific by itself isn't enough of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by blaxshep View Post
    Not all Nazis were bad people

  7. #37
    User
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-12-12 @ 10:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34

    Re: What SHOULD BE the primary issue of the 2012 Presidential election?

    Quote Originally Posted by zgoldsmith23 View Post
    The press ignores the crisis? I hear and read stories daily about it.
    It'd true that I see more stories in the summer. However, what I meant by ignoring the crisis was not a blackout of coverage, but rather the quality of the coverage. For a long time journalists have misreported the story by pretending there are two sides to the story. That is like the pretense that there are two sides on evolution. There is scientific consensus on both issues, outlier crackpots notwithstanding. This false coverage is why the public is not in complete agreement with the scientific community regarding climate change. And why the public doesn't understand the current state of scientific consensus:

    "These generalizations are based on a series of Yale University studies over the last few years. According to Yale, Americans’ belief in global warming fell from 71 percent in November 2008 to just 57 percent in January 2010 but rebounded to 66 percent by this spring. The findings mirrored those of the National Survey of American Public Opinion on Climate Change, which showed belief in global warming bouncing from 65 percent in 2009 to 52 percent in 2010 and back up to 62 percent this year.
    What accounts for the rebound? It isn’t the economy, which has thawed only a little. And it doesn’t seem to be science: The percentage of respondents to the Yale survey who believe “most scientists think global warming is happening” is stuck at 35 percent, still way down from 48 percent four years ago. (The statement remains just as true now as it was then—it’s the public, not the scientists, that keeps changing its mind.)"

    Global warming and the weather: Americans believe in climate change again

  8. #38
    Antichrist
    zgoldsmith23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    TN
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 12:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,692

    Re: What SHOULD BE the primary issue of the 2012 Presidential election?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aspasia View Post
    It'd true that I see more stories in the summer. However, what I meant by ignoring the crisis was not a blackout of coverage, but rather the quality of the coverage. For a long time journalists have misreported the story by pretending there are two sides to the story. That is like the pretense that there are two sides on evolution. There is scientific consensus on both issues, outlier crackpots notwithstanding. This false coverage is why the public is not in complete agreement with the scientific community regarding climate change. And why the public doesn't understand the current state of scientific consensus:

    "These generalizations are based on a series of Yale University studies over the last few years. According to Yale, Americans’ belief in global warming fell from 71 percent in November 2008 to just 57 percent in January 2010 but rebounded to 66 percent by this spring. The findings mirrored those of the National Survey of American Public Opinion on Climate Change, which showed belief in global warming bouncing from 65 percent in 2009 to 52 percent in 2010 and back up to 62 percent this year.
    What accounts for the rebound? It isn’t the economy, which has thawed only a little. And it doesn’t seem to be science: The percentage of respondents to the Yale survey who believe “most scientists think global warming is happening” is stuck at 35 percent, still way down from 48 percent four years ago. (The statement remains just as true now as it was then—it’s the public, not the scientists, that keeps changing its mind.)"

    Global warming and the weather: Americans believe in climate change again
    The same people that deny evolution are probably going to deny global warming. They deny science consistently, I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    I've never denied my own hackish tendencies
    Quote Originally Posted by Pin dÁr View Post
    scientific by itself isn't enough of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by blaxshep View Post
    Not all Nazis were bad people

  9. #39
    Don't Mess With Texas
    mertex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Last Seen
    10-14-14 @ 03:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    2,382

    Re: What SHOULD BE the primary issue of the 2012 Presidential election?

    Jobs. It should be about jobs. Republicans ran on "jobs" in 2010 and they have spent 2 years trying to repeal Obamacare, and have done squat about jobs. What a waste of time and money. Expect more of the same if they continue to keep the House.



    "I have been thinking that I would make a proposition to my Republican friends... that if they will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop telling the truth about them."
    --Adlai Stevenson, Politician





  10. #40
    User Dagger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    RI
    Last Seen
    07-25-12 @ 01:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    60

    Re: What SHOULD BE the primary issue of the 2012 Presidential election?

    Deficit reduction.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •