View Poll Results: Is access to health care a privilege, right or responsibility?

Voters
111. You may not vote on this poll
  • Privilege

    26 23.42%
  • Right

    49 44.14%
  • Responsibility

    39 35.14%
  • Other

    31 27.93%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 38 of 42 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast
Results 371 to 380 of 413

Thread: Health Care; Privlege, Right or Responsibility?

  1. #371
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Health Care; Privlege, Right or Responsibility?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Well, the aprtisan is going to beat the tax drum to death, and then beat it some more. This is what we pass as political debate today.

    I still hope they will go back to work and more toward something better; if not UHC (single payer hybred), at least a public option.
    The "tax" word is merely a buzz word. An Andy Worhalism.

  2. #372
    Professor
    Phoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    04-27-17 @ 10:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,782

    Re: Health Care; Privlege, Right or Responsibility?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    The penlty is a tax.

    I consider you buying insurance your personal responsibility, and if you don't do it, passing your error in judgment on to the rest of us, I think you should be penalized.
    So is the mandate to purchase insurance. Government mandating "you must spend money" is a tax.
    From the ashes.

  3. #373
    Professor
    Phoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    04-27-17 @ 10:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,782

    Re: Health Care; Privlege, Right or Responsibility?

    Quote Originally Posted by Leo View Post
    See my comments about the social contract (which exists in all societies, whether you subscribe to the notion or not). The US is no different from any other society governed by the rule of law, and taxation remains the price of civilisation.
    You have given no explanation of this imaginary social contract you speak of. Is it governed by trolls or unicorns?
    From the ashes.

  4. #374
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,615

    Re: Health Care; Privlege, Right or Responsibility?

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    So is the mandate to purchase insurance. Government mandating "you must spend money" is a tax.
    Of course a gov't mandate is a tax, yet the left considers MOST of them to be "needed" and just, even the EPA regualtions that tax new coal fired power plants out of existance (a 100% tax rate?). The left is all gaga about UHC and socialized medicine, yet ignores the reality of its true cost; medical care is 1/6 of GDP, federal taxation NOW is about that, so without added taxation it is IMPOSSIBLE to add 15% to 20% more patients to it. Mandates of added medical benefits, at NO out of pocket costs, are indeed a tax on all that pay medical care insurance premiums, as neither the insurance company nor the care providers can be simply "ordered" to give this care away.

    For food assistance we do not mandate that the grocer simply give SOME food away, and make up for that with higher prices for all (that are expected to pay), yet that is EXACTLY what PPACA and the "free" ER care mandates do. One need only take a quick Wikipedia tour and examine the "outcome" findings (last section) for RomneyCare in MA to see that PPACA will neither lower "free" ER use nor cut the costs of care; the federal gov't is NOW bailing out MA to keep that state system from collapsing and exposing this myth.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  5. #375
    Professor
    Phoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    04-27-17 @ 10:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,782

    Re: Health Care; Privlege, Right or Responsibility?

    Agreed. Every social program in the country is going broke. Yet we strive to add more to the mix? After 2014 we will be wondering where we are going to get the money to pay for all the healthcare that is being provided. Wonder if China is going to be open for loans. Maybe Russia?
    From the ashes.

  6. #376
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Health Care; Privlege, Right or Responsibility?

    Quote Originally Posted by RadicalModerate View Post
    Tort reform and....that's about it, as far as I can tell.
    Then they really have no plan correct ?

  7. #377
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Health Care; Privlege, Right or Responsibility?

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    Agreed. Every social program in the country is going broke. Yet we strive to add more to the mix? After 2014 we will be wondering where we are going to get the money to pay for all the healthcare that is being provided. Wonder if China is going to be open for loans. Maybe Russia?
    Weve been paying for all the healthcare right along...sigh...why wont you people acknowledge that....you think all the people with no insurance going to ERs with gunshot wounds and in car accidents and needing super expensive treatment and surgeries...is FREE ? do you think thats all just free...do you think illegal immigrants coming across the border that get sick or get a traumatic injury and get treated and surgery is FREE ?? weve been paying for it all along as taxpayers...now it evens the playing field...people that can afford to pay need to have insurance....

  8. #378
    Guru

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    11-24-13 @ 11:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,001

    Re: Health Care; Privlege, Right or Responsibility?

    Quote Originally Posted by RadicalModerate View Post
    Tort reform and....that's about it, as far as I can tell.
    Tort reform is all we need.

    We will make it illegal to file a lawsuit against a doctor or any other medical professional. We will also make it illegal to file a lawsuit against a hospital or medical facility. Then healthcare costs will immediately plummet.

  9. #379
    Professor
    Phoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    04-27-17 @ 10:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,782

    Re: Health Care; Privlege, Right or Responsibility?

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    Weve been paying for all the healthcare right along...sigh...why wont you people acknowledge that....you think all the people with no insurance going to ERs with gunshot wounds and in car accidents and needing super expensive treatment and surgeries...is FREE ? do you think thats all just free...do you think illegal immigrants coming across the border that get sick or get a traumatic injury and get treated and surgery is FREE ?? weve been paying for it all along as taxpayers...now it evens the playing field...people that can afford to pay need to have insurance....
    because it's untrue. If we were providing healthcare for all these people previously we wouldn't need the law. Part of the major justification for this law is people don't have insurance and aren't getting healthcare. Logically that means we will be providing MORE healthcare to MORE people and it will cost MORE money. No?
    From the ashes.

  10. #380
    Professor
    Phoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    04-27-17 @ 10:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,782

    Re: Health Care; Privlege, Right or Responsibility?

    Quote Originally Posted by johnny_rebson View Post
    Tort reform is all we need.

    We will make it illegal to file a lawsuit against a doctor or any other medical professional. We will also make it illegal to file a lawsuit against a hospital or medical facility. Then healthcare costs will immediately plummet.
    Tort reform fixing healthcare is a pipe dream. People should be able to sue a bad doctor if he maims them for life.
    From the ashes.

Page 38 of 42 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •