View Poll Results: Is access to health care a privilege, right or responsibility?

Voters
111. You may not vote on this poll
  • Privilege

    26 23.42%
  • Right

    49 44.14%
  • Responsibility

    39 35.14%
  • Other

    31 27.93%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 27 of 42 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 413

Thread: Health Care; Privlege, Right or Responsibility?

  1. #261
    Student
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-28-12 @ 01:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    203

    Re: Health Care; Privlege, Right or Responsibility?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    If you can't get your head around this simple concept then there is no helping you at all...

    Have fun in your political bizarro universe.
    Come down from klingon space and explain it if its so simple...

  2. #262
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Health Care; Privlege, Right or Responsibility?

    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyBurns View Post
    Well stealing isnt moral... Taxes are stealing no matter if you think you are doing it for the right reasons.

    You would have to prove the case that taxes are stealing. You have not done that.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  3. #263
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Health Care; Privlege, Right or Responsibility?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lokiate View Post
    I'm not talking about me, I can die in a fire tomorrow and life for billions will go on. I'm talking about the world. If we keep expanding as we do, fifty to a hundred years from now conditions will be horrendous. Perpetual famine, even more wars over resources (and not just oil anymore), more intrusive government becoming necessary to put more bandaids over deep wounds. It'll happen, because our population will never stop growing.
    You make the case of people being smarter, not less moral. What would be the point of survival without morality?
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  4. #264
    Student
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-28-12 @ 01:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    203

    Re: Health Care; Privlege, Right or Responsibility?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    You would have to prove the case that taxes are stealing. You have not done that.
    Let me rephrase it, LEGAL PLUNDER. Can't really call it stealing when the state has a right in their eyes to take it right? I dont think they have the right to take what is not theirs, thats why I call it stealing.

  5. #265
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Health Care; Privlege, Right or Responsibility?

    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyBurns View Post
    Let me rephrase it, LEGAL PLUNDER. Can't really call it stealing when the state has a right in their eyes to take it right? I dont think they have the right to take what is not theirs, thats why I call it stealing.
    If you believe that, you have the right under the Constitution to take your case to the courts. Let us know when you have a decision in your favor, um-kay? Until then, you don't have a leg to stand on with that argument.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  6. #266
    Student
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-28-12 @ 01:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    203

    Re: Health Care; Privlege, Right or Responsibility?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    If you believe that, you have the right under the Constitution to take your case to the courts. Let us know when you have a decision in your favor, um-kay? Until then, you don't have a leg to stand on with that argument.
    It's an ethical argument, I've already made the argument, you addressed none of what I posted earlier. You quoted what you wanted because you know you cant argue against the stronger ethical argument I'm posing, bottom line. Your answers prove that.... I have my own to legs to stand on, you on the other hand use the crutch others have given you.
    Last edited by LibertyBurns; 07-03-12 at 04:44 AM. Reason: Typo

  7. #267
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Health Care; Privlege, Right or Responsibility?

    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyBurns View Post
    It's an ethical argument, I've already made the argument, you addressed none of what I posted earlier.

    You have offered no case for an ethical argument other that your own opinion which is far afield from most of the country for most of its history under both parties.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  8. #268
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Health Care; Privlege, Right or Responsibility?

    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyBurns View Post
    Let me rephrase it, LEGAL PLUNDER. Can't really call it stealing when the state has a right in their eyes to take it right? I dont think they have the right to take what is not theirs, thats why I call it stealing.
    What state has our country become when property is considered more valuable than human life? It is deemed by many to be an appropriate expenditure and governmental function to protect "property" such as police/fire....and yet....it is deemed by the same to not be an appropriate expenditure/governmental function to protect the health of its citizenry.

    The greatness of this country exists, not because of our accumulation of wealth and property, but in the value of its people.

    There can be no greater governmental function and no wiser expenditure than protecting our nations #1 resource and asset.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  9. #269
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    8,180

    Re: Health Care; Privlege, Right or Responsibility?

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    What state has our country become when property is considered more valuable than human life?
    Our country has always been one that would not infringe upon one's rights in order to furnish something for another. You can't steal my property in light of the possibility of losing your own, for example. This is not an act of placing "value of property" above "value of life." It's about protecting people's rights and not letting them infringe upon one another.

  10. #270
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Health Care; Privlege, Right or Responsibility?

    Quote Originally Posted by Neomalthusian View Post
    Our country has always been one that would not infringe upon one's rights in order to furnish something for another. You can't steal my property in light of the possibility of losing your own, for example. This is not an act of placing "value of property" above "value of life." It's about protecting people's rights and not letting them infringe upon one another.
    That is a complete fallacy. Your argument rests on the incorrect assumption that "taxes" are stealing your property. The same argument would have to then say that taxing to have police/fire protection to protect property is "stealing your property".

    Our American society, as any society exists for the betterment of its citizenry. Paying taxes is part of life, it is part of the price you pay to be a part of this society. You don't get the benefits of our society for free.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

Page 27 of 42 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •