View Poll Results: Do you own yourself (self ownership)? Should or shouldnt you own yourself?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes (should)

    37 74.00%
  • Yes (shouldn't)

    0 0%
  • No (should)

    4 8.00%
  • No (shouldn't)

    9 18.00%
Page 12 of 65 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 645

Thread: Do you own yourself (self ownership)?

  1. #111
    Sage
    MoSurveyor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-13-17 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,985

    Re: Do you own yourself (self ownership)?

    Quote Originally Posted by zgoldsmith23 View Post
    So you can concoct any story you want without any factual basis?

    Regarding your question, such as?
    Stories are not only concocted but packaged and sold everyday without any basis in fact. Whether anyone will actually believe the story is another question. When stories become faith is where the problems often start.

    Maybe you misunderstood my comment?? Christianity all by itself gives us untold numbers of beliefs that are not based in fact.
    Mt. Rushmore: Three surveyors and some other guy.
    Life goes on within you and without you. -Harrison
    Hear the echoes of the centuries, Power isn't all that money buys. -Peart
    After you learn quantum mechanics you're never really the same again. -Weinberg

  2. #112
    Antichrist
    zgoldsmith23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    TN
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 12:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,692

    Re: Do you own yourself (self ownership)?

    Quote Originally Posted by MoSurveyor View Post
    Stories are not only concocted but packaged and sold everyday without any basis in fact. Whether anyone will actually believe the story is another question. When stories become faith is where the problems often start.

    Maybe you misunderstood my comment?? Christianity all by itself gives us untold numbers of beliefs that are not based in fact.
    They are not? People didn't (and continue to) factually believe the Earth is 6000 years old? That Lazarus was raised from the dead?
    That it was Adam and Eve not long ago? People dot factually believe that?
    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    I've never denied my own hackish tendencies
    Quote Originally Posted by Pin dÁr View Post
    scientific by itself isn't enough of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by blaxshep View Post
    Not all Nazis were bad people

  3. #113
    Sage
    MoSurveyor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-13-17 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,985

    Re: Do you own yourself (self ownership)?

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    false. a society that feels that self ownership is trumped by the needs of the community is a horrible foundation based on the rule of which men are in charge at the time.
    No one said that either.


    . . . . P-R-O-P-E-R-T-Y

    Last edited by MoSurveyor; 06-18-12 at 02:47 PM.
    Mt. Rushmore: Three surveyors and some other guy.
    Life goes on within you and without you. -Harrison
    Hear the echoes of the centuries, Power isn't all that money buys. -Peart
    After you learn quantum mechanics you're never really the same again. -Weinberg

  4. #114
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: Do you own yourself (self ownership)?

    Quote Originally Posted by MoSurveyor View Post
    No one said that either.
    it is the natural conclusion one draws from what was said.

    ~and straw man pic deleted

  5. #115
    Student
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-28-12 @ 01:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    203

    Re: Do you own yourself (self ownership)?

    Quote Originally Posted by MoSurveyor View Post
    No one said that either.


    . . . . P-R-O-P-E-R-T-Y

    Is my body mine? If it is indeed not mine, whos body is it, omg did I steal it! Hope the police arent looking for me...

  6. #116
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Do you own yourself (self ownership)?

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    false. a society that feels that self ownership is trumped by the needs of the community is a horrible foundation based on the rule of which men are in charge at the time.
    Nobody said anything about such a society at all. I said, "A society that acknowledges that people cannot be owned offers a fine foundation for stability." Address that.

    I also don't know how a society that does not believe people can be owned could feel that self-ownership is trumped by anything since it doesn't even believe self-ownership exists. Fail.
    Last edited by ThePlayDrive; 06-18-12 at 02:56 PM.

  7. #117
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: Do you own yourself (self ownership)?

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    Nobody said anything about such a society at all. I said, "A society that acknowledges that people cannot be owned offers a fine foundation for stability." Address that.
    I already addressed your unsubstantiated opinion with one of my own.

  8. #118
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Do you own yourself (self ownership)?

    Quote Originally Posted by zgoldsmith23 View Post
    Existence doesn't depend on evidence?
    Existence does not depend on evidence which is explains why atoms existed far before we had evidence of them. Perception depends on evidence. This is really basic stuff here.

    So everything exists?
    No. That's not even close to a logical conclusion to come to from what I said.

  9. #119
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Do you own yourself (self ownership)?

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    I already addressed your unsubstantiated opinion with one of my own.
    No, you did not. You went on about some society that nobody mentioned.

    Again, I said, "A society that acknowledges that people cannot be owned offers a fine foundation for stability." Address that.

  10. #120
    Antichrist
    zgoldsmith23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    TN
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 12:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,692

    Re: Do you own yourself (self ownership)?

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    Existence does not depend on evidence which is explains why atoms existed far before we had evidence of them. Perception depends on evidence. This is really basic stuff here.


    No. That's not even close to a logical conclusion to come to from what I said.
    Ok. How isn't it? Are you not saying "just because there isn't evidence now, doesn't mean there won't be in the future?" If that's the case then everything could exist.
    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    I've never denied my own hackish tendencies
    Quote Originally Posted by Pin dÁr View Post
    scientific by itself isn't enough of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by blaxshep View Post
    Not all Nazis were bad people

Page 12 of 65 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •