View Poll Results: No one besides yourself is responsible for what you put in your mouth?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • I agree with this.

    32 65.31%
  • I disagree with this.

    17 34.69%
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718
Results 171 to 175 of 175

Thread: No One is responsible for what you put in Your Mouth

  1. #171
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: No One is responsible for what you put in Your Mouth

    It's probably because food corporations are spreading throughout those nations. I daresay they're being a bit more Americanized.

    Nip it in the bud. Place more regulations.

    What are we going to do when the obesity epidemic overwhelms us?

  2. #172
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: No One is responsible for what you put in Your Mouth

    Man - now I'm craving some damned chicken nuggets.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    It's probably because food corporations are spreading throughout those nations. I daresay they're being a bit more Americanized.

    Nip it in the bud. Place more regulations.

    What are we going to do when the obesity epidemic overwhelms us?
    Why will it overwhelm us? Do you think we'll *all* be huge and fat? . . .100% sometime soon? Truly - do you think that? For quite some time our country was populated by the skinnies . . . that didn't last - that's for sure. I see no reason to think ti will continue - but every reason t obelieve ti will reverse for a variety of reasons.
    Last edited by Aunt Spiker; 06-18-12 at 06:14 PM.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  3. #173
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:12 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,809

    Re: No One is responsible for what you put in Your Mouth

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    It's probably because food corporations are spreading throughout those nations. I daresay they're being a bit more Americanized.

    Nip it in the bud. Place more regulations.

    What are we going to do when the obesity epidemic overwhelms us?
    Probably? You haven't traveled much have you. It is OBVIOUSLY because of food coprorations spreading around the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  4. #174
    Professor
    Luna Tick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Nebraska
    Last Seen
    04-05-13 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,148

    Re: No One is responsible for what you put in Your Mouth

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    Is this true?

    I disagree, because food corporations are notorius for deliberately enticing and addicting its client base. This thread isn't calling for any sort of regulation. It's pointing out that food corporations, the food industry, does have some culpability and responsibility in the obesity/unhealthiness epidemic. They're a part of the problem whether they want to admit it or not imo.
    I think they're responsible for coming out with genetically engineered foods and then not telling anyone. They're foods that most people don't want, but the corporations attitude is, "We know better; you should eat it and not even know."

  5. #175
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Living life and loving it, while enjoying the sunlight!
    Last Seen
    09-18-13 @ 03:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    444

    Re: No One is responsible for what you put in Your Mouth

    Ya know Wake, it's all about tha responsibility of choice. Of course companies are gonna rely on ignorant peeps. Peeps need ta arm themselfs with a knowledge of tha facts. Ya don't wanna be fat? Don't let it happen. If tha country breaks down, peeps are gonna take notice. Ya have the right ta kill yerself slowly. Let'em deal with tha costs. :

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •