View Poll Results: No one besides yourself is responsible for what you put in your mouth?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • I agree with this.

    32 65.31%
  • I disagree with this.

    17 34.69%
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 175

Thread: No One is responsible for what you put in Your Mouth

  1. #161
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:58 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,936

    Re: No One is responsible for what you put in Your Mouth

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    yeah - I don't trust drs when they say 'yeah, sure - of course its safe'.


    After our situation with vaccines I will never trust a doctor 100% again over major issues...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  2. #162
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:35 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,463

    Re: No One is responsible for what you put in Your Mouth

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    After our situation with vaccines I will never trust a doctor 100% again over major issues...
    After the Fen Phen craze, I don't trust doctors or the FDA. I once had a doctor that was nothing but an overpaid pill pusher and kept trying to get me on anti-depressents. I refused but it seemed like everyone I knew was on it. When I put on my tinfoil hat I'd swear it was a government plot to sedate the country so they would be more complacent. Well, they won't get me cuz I took responsibility for what I put in my mouth. lol

  3. #163
    Anti political parties
    FreedomFromAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Mexico USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,042

    Re: No One is responsible for what you put in Your Mouth

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    After the Fen Phen craze, I don't trust doctors or the FDA. I once had a doctor that was nothing but an overpaid pill pusher and kept trying to get me on anti-depressents. I refused but it seemed like everyone I knew was on it. When I put on my tinfoil hat I'd swear it was a government plot to sedate the country so they would be more complacent. Well, they won't get me cuz I took responsibility for what I put in my mouth. lol
    lol Sounds like you should have taken the anti-depressents.

  4. #164
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: No One is responsible for what you put in Your Mouth

    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFromAll View Post
    lol Sounds like you should have taken the anti-depressents.
    Drs shovel out those things without trying to understand people's underlying issues - they put my husband on them for an alternate use (not to treat depression) and they really ****ed his head up. . .that was the year we were separated and that's part of the reason why we were separated.

    There are good Drs and there are bad Drs - unfortunely - they're not all knowledgable and solid. When playing around with people trying to get them to work better they can easily make things much worse.
    Last edited by Aunt Spiker; 06-18-12 at 01:34 PM.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  5. #165
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: No One is responsible for what you put in Your Mouth

    Food corporations share some responsibility. If we continue down this path I can see us waking up with much higher obesity/overweight statistics.

    Why is it that people are so much healthier in Europe? It's probably because of the measures they've placed to keep the population healthy.

    Let people keep consuming, overall health and costs be damned.

    Sorry, but I do think America's becoming a bit of a joke.

    No One is responsible for what you put in Your Mouth-euro_vs_america-jpg

  6. #166
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: No One is responsible for what you put in Your Mouth

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    Food corporations share some responsibility. If we continue down this path I can see us waking up with much higher obesity/overweight statistics.

    Why is it that people are so much healthier in Europe? It's probably because of the measures they've placed to keep the population healthy.

    Let people keep consuming, overall health and costs be damned.

    Sorry, but I do think America's becoming a bit of a joke.

    No One is responsible for what you put in Your Mouth-euro_vs_america-jpg
    Why do you think they're so much healthier in Europe? Europe is a large variety of cultures and countries - France is just one.
    Why do you think that attractive women aren't found in the US as well?

    You know - all the women at Fox News are US products. LOL

    No - what is showing is that EVERY country which has secured subsistence for it's people has seen a rise in obesity and the average weight of it's adults. . . not just the US. In 40 years China will be where we are now - if that long
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  7. #167
    Anti political parties
    FreedomFromAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Mexico USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,042

    Re: No One is responsible for what you put in Your Mouth

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    Food corporations share some responsibility. If we continue down this path I can see us waking up with much higher obesity/overweight statistics.

    Why is it that people are so much healthier in Europe? It's probably because of the measures they've placed to keep the population healthy.

    Let people keep consuming, overall health and costs be damned.

    Sorry, but I do think America's becoming a bit of a joke.
    Europe
    Europe is competing with the U.S. for first place in the obesity crisis. According to a report issued by the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development out of Paris, more than half of European adults are overweight or obese. Obesity rates have doubled in the past 20 years for the 27 member states of the European Union. It is estimated that 1 in 7 children in these states is obese. The disparity among countries is significant, however. The prevalence of obesity is less than 10 percent in Romania and Italy, but greater than 20 percent in the UK, Ireland and Malta.


    Read more: Obesity In America Compared To Europe | LIVESTRONG.COM

  8. #168
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: No One is responsible for what you put in Your Mouth

    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFromAll View Post
    Europe
    Europe is competing with the U.S. for first place in the obesity crisis. According to a report issued by the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development out of Paris, more than half of European adults are overweight or obese. Obesity rates have doubled in the past 20 years for the 27 member states of the European Union. It is estimated that 1 in 7 children in these states is obese. The disparity among countries is significant, however. The prevalence of obesity is less than 10 percent in Romania and Italy, but greater than 20 percent in the UK, Ireland and Malta.


    Read more: Obesity In America Compared To Europe | LIVESTRONG.COM
    exactly - it's silly misconception to think that they're all skinny and we're all fat.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  9. #169
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:58 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,936

    Re: No One is responsible for what you put in Your Mouth

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    Food corporations share some responsibility. If we continue down this path I can see us waking up with much higher obesity/overweight statistics.

    Why is it that people are so much healthier in Europe? It's probably because of the measures they've placed to keep the population healthy.

    Let people keep consuming, overall health and costs be damned.

    Sorry, but I do think America's becoming a bit of a joke.

    No One is responsible for what you put in Your Mouth-euro_vs_america-jpg
    I know that is funny but once you actually start looking at the obesity rates you will find that the USA just had a big head start and that most developed nations are RAPIDLY catching up. My healthy little green nation of New Zealand has the fastest growing obesity rate in the world, in fact.


    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  10. #170
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: No One is responsible for what you put in Your Mouth

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    I know that is funny but once you actually start looking at the obesity rates you will find that the USA just had a big head start and that most developed nations are RAPIDLY catching up. My healthy little green nation of New Zealand has the fastest growing obesity rate in the world, in fact.


    yeeesh - so many around that 50% and above. . . . and the obesity rates are even closer.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •