View Poll Results: Most anti-libertarian President?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Abraham Lincoln

    10 18.18%
  • Woodrow Wilson

    6 10.91%
  • Franklin Roosevelt

    20 36.36%
  • Theodore Roosevelt

    0 0%
  • Lyndon Johnson

    1 1.82%
  • George W. Bush

    7 12.73%
  • Richard Nixon

    2 3.64%
  • Herbert Hoover

    2 3.64%
  • Barack Obama

    4 7.27%
  • Other

    3 5.45%
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 167

Thread: Most anti-libertarian Presidents

  1. #31
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Most anti-libertarian Presidents

    Quote Originally Posted by Lokiate View Post
    Damn, forgot about the Japanese camps. **** him too, then.


    I simply cannot see anything good about Reagan. Sure, he cut taxes, that's pretty much it. Iran Contra was a heinous criminal act. Not only did we sell arms to a sworn enemy with a godawful human rights record, we funded a bloody coup that resulted in what can only be called a massacre. On top of all that, a great deal of crack-cocaine in the US can be attributed to the CIA-Contra alliance. Not only was this hypocritical of Reagan, considering his war on drugs, it killed people. Lot's of people, not just directly through supporting the Contra wars, but through the heightened gang violence caused by the rise of drugs brought into the US. In my mind, Reagan is the worst kind of villain.

    It is. My choice of Reagan is more of a personal thing, though. I hate him both as a man, and an elected official.


    I don't attribute slavery as the cause of the war by any means, but the CSA is not blameless. They ****ed themselves when they laid siege to FT Sumter. Lincoln had no choice but to engage them militarily after that.

    JFK really set the stage for Vietnam, and to be fair, a lot of those programs are rotten because they didn't go away once they were no longer needed because the people in charge of then have nothing else. LBJ was more of a nobody that really didn't do anything worthwhile. Kinda like Ford. Not really a huge asshole, but not worth mention for anything. Just "meh" at best.


    The protestors were called the Bonus Army.


    I have to disagree for reasons I've already stated. He caused some serious, and irreparable damages.
    Being an opinion poll I can respect all of the above. The Ft. Sumter issue was one of border issues, while it was a federal fort, it could be claimed as a tresspass after the secession, the CSA should have paid out for the north to leave, but then again with the tariff issue politically that was never gonna happen. Politicians are a stubborn and idiotic bunch after all.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  2. #32
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,802

    Re: Most anti-libertarian Presidents

    As far as the most ant-libertarian President... toss up between FDR and Lincoln. Jackson and J. Adams would be close, too.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  3. #33
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Most anti-libertarian Presidents

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    As far as the most ant-libertarian President... toss up between FDR and Lincoln. Jackson and J. Adams would be close, too.
    FDR took the layup in my opinion. Without the secession option after the civil war the states pretty much became dependent on federal law, FDR realized he was holding office at a time that he could federalize powers with the right push. For that very reason I put Lincoln in the most anti-libertarian catagory, but it is close.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  4. #34
    versus the world
    Surtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The greatest planet in the world.
    Last Seen
    06-10-14 @ 03:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,017

    Re: Most anti-libertarian Presidents

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Being an opinion poll I can respect all of the above. The Ft. Sumter issue was one of border issues, while it was a federal fort, it could be claimed as a tresspass after the secession, the CSA should have paid out for the north to leave, but then again with the tariff issue politically that was never gonna happen. Politicians are a stubborn and idiotic bunch after all.
    The were definitely alternatives to war, but the feds weren't going to back down, and the CSA was pissed, and rightfully so. They weren't getting a fair shake, and when a populace that's already stirred up and frustrated gets pissed, reason is the first thing to go.

    Neither the Union, or the CSA was in the right on any of it.
    I love the NSA. It's like having a secret fan-base you will never see, but they're there, watching everything you write and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that I may be some person's only form of unconstitutional entertainment one night.

  5. #35
    Professor

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    08-19-14 @ 02:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,824

    Re: Most anti-libertarian Presidents

    Quote Originally Posted by Lokiate View Post
    Because of the states rights issue. I believe, however, that he fully redeemed himself by issuing Emancipation, and ending slavery.
    For cheap, obedient labor to replace disgruntled Whites in sweatshops--the Libertarian ideal of letting those on top make as much as they can trap others into working for, as long as they themselves aren't forced by those they exclude from having liberty. Emancipation parallels the mixed politics of today's illegal-alien discussion, with its Leftist multiculturalism being a smokescreen for the Libertarian idea of hiring whomever they want.
    On the outside, trickling down on the insiders.
    We won't live free until the 1% live in fear.
    Hey, richboys! Imagine the boot of democracy stomping on your faces, forever.

  6. #36
    Professor

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    08-19-14 @ 02:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,824

    Re: Most anti-libertarian Presidents

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Ummm... Hamiltonians are fairly opposite to libertarianism.
    I mean what Libertarians are in reality, not its ideological cover story. These ideological preachings pacify people who think only in idealistic fuzziness, much like Communism and Christianity.
    On the outside, trickling down on the insiders.
    We won't live free until the 1% live in fear.
    Hey, richboys! Imagine the boot of democracy stomping on your faces, forever.

  7. #37
    versus the world
    Surtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The greatest planet in the world.
    Last Seen
    06-10-14 @ 03:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,017

    Re: Most anti-libertarian Presidents

    Quote Originally Posted by PrometheusBound View Post
    For cheap, obedient labor to replace disgruntled Whites in sweatshops--the Libertarian ideal of letting those on top make as much as they can trap others into working for, as long as they themselves aren't forced by those they exclude from having liberty. Emancipation parallels the mixed politics of today's illegal-alien discussion, with its Leftist multiculturalism being a smokescreen for the Libertarian idea of hiring whomever they want.
    omfg, give a rest already. Nobody is impressed with your overinflated pseudo-rage.
    I love the NSA. It's like having a secret fan-base you will never see, but they're there, watching everything you write and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that I may be some person's only form of unconstitutional entertainment one night.

  8. #38
    Professor

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    08-19-14 @ 02:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,824

    Re: Most anti-libertarian Presidents

    Quote Originally Posted by Lokiate View Post
    The were definitely alternatives to war, but the feds weren't going to back down, and the CSA was pissed, and rightfully so. They weren't getting a fair shake, and when a populace that's already stirred up and frustrated gets pissed, reason is the first thing to go.

    Neither the Union, or the CSA was in the right on any of it.
    The South had slavery, the North had sweatshops. If you are concerned about class oppression, which Libertarians are in denial about, the North had no moral superiority. In fact, its leaders were morally inferior by not doing anything about their own kind of slavery. Instead, they launched a hypocritical crusade on the South. Also, Lincoln's policy of the Chickenhawk rich being able to buy their way out of the draft would have appealed to our real-life Libertarians.
    On the outside, trickling down on the insiders.
    We won't live free until the 1% live in fear.
    Hey, richboys! Imagine the boot of democracy stomping on your faces, forever.

  9. #39
    versus the world
    Surtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The greatest planet in the world.
    Last Seen
    06-10-14 @ 03:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,017

    Re: Most anti-libertarian Presidents

    Quote Originally Posted by PrometheusBound View Post
    The South had slavery, the North had sweatshops. If you are concerned about class oppression, which Libertarians are in denial about, the North had no moral superiority.
    I'm actually not, because the poor have the ability to not be poor in America. This isn't 19th century Russia, we don't have a caste system. You can be whatever the hell you want, as long as you actually try.

    In fact, its leaders were morally inferior by not doing anything about their own kind of slavery. Instead, they launched a hypocritical crusade on the South. Also, Lincoln's policy of the Chickenhawk rich being able to buy their way out of the draft would have appealed to our real-life Libertarians.
    The Civil War wasn't fought over labor, it was fought to prevent a split in the Federal Union. Put down the Marx, and pick up a real book. Preferably, a history book. Hell, I'll give you mine when the semester is up, if you want it.
    Last edited by Surtr; 06-15-12 at 02:43 PM. Reason: tag error
    I love the NSA. It's like having a secret fan-base you will never see, but they're there, watching everything you write and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that I may be some person's only form of unconstitutional entertainment one night.

  10. #40
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: Most anti-libertarian Presidents

    Quote Originally Posted by PrometheusBound View Post
    I mean what Libertarians are in reality, not its ideological cover story. These ideological preachings pacify people who think only in idealistic fuzziness, much like Communism and Christianity.
    you mean what you say they are vs what they say they are.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •