View Poll Results: Most anti-libertarian President?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Abraham Lincoln

    10 18.18%
  • Woodrow Wilson

    6 10.91%
  • Franklin Roosevelt

    20 36.36%
  • Theodore Roosevelt

    0 0%
  • Lyndon Johnson

    1 1.82%
  • George W. Bush

    7 12.73%
  • Richard Nixon

    2 3.64%
  • Herbert Hoover

    2 3.64%
  • Barack Obama

    4 7.27%
  • Other

    3 5.45%
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 167

Thread: Most anti-libertarian Presidents

  1. #101
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Most anti-libertarian Presidents

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    An American patriot would see it differently.

    Which explains why a right libertarian sees it as you do.
    questioning my patriotism I see..... it's a great tactic.... it totally works.

  2. #102
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Most anti-libertarian Presidents

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    Any rational creature requires moral principles to guide its actions.
    Next to the claim that "after viability, abortions are performed publiclly", that was the most absurd claim I've seen made on DP. There have been plenty of people in history who have been both rational and immoral. Hitler, Stalin, Idi amin, etc were all rational, but seriously immoral
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  3. #103
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Most anti-libertarian Presidents

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    But you can indeed do those things. People do them every day. Remember? You own yourself. So you can order yourself to kill or maim or steal or enslave or anything else you want to order yourself to do.

    And people do those things every day of the week.
    ok, it's a given that you can actually do those things...as they do , indeed, happen

    now tell us why is it illegal and unacceptable to murder, assault, or enslave another person...


    you're a stubborn thirsty horse, but i'll get you to water eventually.

  4. #104
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Most anti-libertarian Presidents

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    By all means - do present evidence of the majority supporting your claim. I and others here would love to see it.
    you want evidence that the majority of Americans believe in individual rights, justice, and law?... really?

  5. #105
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Most anti-libertarian Presidents

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    self ownership ..... sovereignity ...... supreme sovereignity .....

    WOW!!!!

    Such high and mighty high fallutin' talk from somebody who claims tht the majority agrees with them. Somehow I suspect that if you go into any workingman's bar near any factory or warehouse in the USA and start spouting such stuff, you will soon find yourself tossed out the back door with the trash and other useless garbage.
    I would have absolutely zero problem walking into that bar and making my argument.... and coming out with with consensus approval.. and a bit of a buzz

    unlike you, I don't believe the workingman is stupid or ignorant.... i'll wager a dollar to a donut they know all about the concept of self ownership.

  6. #106
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    15,289

    Re: Most anti-libertarian Presidents

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Next to the claim that "after viability, abortions are performed publiclly", that was the most absurd claim I've seen made on DP. There have been plenty of people in history who have been both rational and immoral. Hitler, Stalin, Idi amin, etc were all rational, but seriously immoral
    HItler, Stalin and Idi Amin considered their principles immoral? I wasnt aware of that. It might be news to you, but an immoral act falls under umbrella of morality too.

  7. #107
    Student
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-28-12 @ 01:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    203

    Re: Most anti-libertarian Presidents

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    questioning my patriotism I see..... it's a great tactic.... it totally works.
    Yea it is a great tactic, Not even sure if he knows what that word means.

  8. #108
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:08 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,090

    Re: Most anti-libertarian Presidents

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    Any rational creature requires moral principles to guide its actions. So you are either admitting that you are not rational or that you do follow certain principles but are afraid to name them. While it is tempting for me to assume the former, I am going to have to go with the latter. After all, you want law to follow some sort of principles, right? So dont play dumb. Now, you claim that people are not property. Yet I can sell you my labor. Why? Because my labor belongs to me. Hopefully you dont dispute that. Now answer the question as to why that labor belongs to me, and we will go from there.
    Actually because you can perform you labor. Just like you can do any number of other functions with your body. Even poop. But I guess you are only able to do that because you own that too right?

    If you don't get it yet..... I am NOT taking this nonsense very seriously. As with most things libertarian, what somebody has done is come up with an axiom that they thought was clever and that if they can get you to accept it then a whole long row of dominos is behind it ready to be pushed over one after the other after the other and at the end of the line is something about lessening the power of government and most likely telling us why you should not have to pay taxes.

    Sorry, but I have been to the rodeo before and have seen the final act many many times. Its always the same. I know that the rodeo clowns you are using to sell me the rest of the show are just the prelude and pretext.
    Last edited by haymarket; 06-17-12 at 08:02 PM.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  9. #109
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:08 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,090

    Re: Most anti-libertarian Presidents

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    questioning my patriotism I see..... it's a great tactic.... it totally works.
    Because its true.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  10. #110
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:08 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,090

    Re: Most anti-libertarian Presidents

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    ok, it's a given that you can actually do those things...as they do , indeed, happen

    now tell us why is it illegal and unacceptable to murder, assault, or enslave another person...


    you're a stubborn thirsty horse, but i'll get you to water eventually.
    Well, our society allows you to kill people. And there are situations where you are encouraged to assault other people. And once upon a time slavery was quite the fad in some parts of the land.

    I guess the answer you are looking for is because enough other people have made a decision that is not the kind of society we want to live in.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •