View Poll Results: Is this the true history of our National debt

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, it is Democratic propoganda from the CBO

    1 25.00%
  • No, it is an absolute lie

    1 25.00%
  • Yes, numbers don't lie

    3 75.00%
  • No, it just tries to make Republicans look sensible

    0 0%
  • The CBO doesn't know what it is talking about

    1 25.00%
  • More tax cuts will cure the economy

    0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Is this the true history of our National debt?

  1. #1
    Iconoclast
    DaveFagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    wny
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,290

    Is this the true history of our National debt?

    Bruce Bartlett: The Fiscal Legacy of George W. Bush - NYTimes.com

    "Lastly, Republicans continue to insist that tax cuts are highly stimulative, often saying that they add nothing to the debt, when this is obviously ridiculous.Conversely, they are adamant that tax increases must not be part of any deficit-reduction package because they never reduce deficits and instead are spent. This is also ridiculous, as the experience of the Clinton administration clearly shows. The new C.B.O. data confirm these facts."


    Does this mean "Trickle Down" is a lie?

    Will this be an election issue?

  2. #2
    Iconoclast
    DaveFagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    wny
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,290

    Re: Is this the true history of our National debt?

    My personal opinion is that "Trickle down" is a lie and should more aptly be titled "Trickle Up" economics. History has shown that the wealthy, as a group, have benefitted substantially since tax cuts became the "mantra du jour" of the Conservatives. That is what the OWS protests are about. The New World Order is likely to be the .01%, not the 1%. Slippery slopes, eh?

  3. #3
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,561

    Re: Is this the true history of our National debt?

    TOTAL NONSENSE. OK, let us inject some political REALITY into the mix. When Obama took office, the demorats controled 100% of the federal gov't, I offer as PROOF the passage of ObamaCare, that EVERY republicant voted against, yet passed and was signed into law. Obama, Reid and Pelosi had every option, they were all "on the table", they had a POPULAR MANDATE to make "big changes" (such as ObamaCare) yet, what did they DO about federal taxation, annual deficits and "pay go" budgeting?

    Well the demorats CUT taxes more (SS "temporary" tax holidays), INCREASED the federal annual deficit by over 100% (from the largest "Bush" annual deficit level). They did not try to stop the deficit "fire" that they say that Bush left to them, they threw some gasoline on it. They did not attempt any budget at all, much less make any "pay go" changes, they screamed CRISIS a lot, spent wildly on STIMULUS pork and hunkered down to crank out a huge ADDITIONAL federal nanny state entitlement mess called ObamaCare instead, then the GOP got a foothold in the house (in 2011) and TRIED to slow the spending madness down.

    Back to the tax situation, that the OP asserts was the "root" of the federal deficit problem, the demorats did NOTHING at all to change ANY FIT rates, UNTIL after the GOP took back the house (in 2011), THEN they decided, still with no federal "budget" at all, that tax rate increases ONLY for "the rich" were suddenly needed, not ANY TALK of returning to the Clinton tax rates, not ANY TALK of removing the "Bush" tax cuts, no sir, they LIKED those "Bush" tax rate cuts, so they KEPT them ALL, and even added a new TAX CUT of their own, by reducing the employee's SS "contribution" by about 1/3. Get real!
    Last edited by ttwtt78640; 06-13-12 at 09:46 AM.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  4. #4
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,561

    Re: Is this the true history of our National debt?

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveFagan View Post
    My personal opinion is that "Trickle down" is a lie and should more aptly be titled "Trickle Up" economics. History has shown that the wealthy, as a group, have benefitted substantially since tax cuts became the "mantra du jour" of the Conservatives. That is what the OWS protests are about. The New World Order is likely to be the .01%, not the 1%. Slippery slopes, eh?
    Um, Bush cut the lowest FIT tax rate by 50% (yep, cut income tax rates on the "poor" in HALF), all other FIT income bracket rates were reduced PROGRESSIVELY by smaller, and smaller amounts. What are these OWS protests about? OWS now want the tax rates DOUBLED for the POOR? The OWS folks REALLY LIKED those "Clinton" tax rates? Hmm...
    Last edited by ttwtt78640; 06-13-12 at 09:49 AM.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Is this the true history of our National debt?

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveFagan View Post
    Bruce Bartlett: The Fiscal Legacy of George W. Bush - NYTimes.com

    "Lastly, Republicans continue to insist that tax cuts are highly stimulative, often saying that they add nothing to the debt, when this is obviously ridiculous.Conversely, they are adamant that tax increases must not be part of any deficit-reduction package because they never reduce deficits and instead are spent. This is also ridiculous, as the experience of the Clinton administration clearly shows. The new C.B.O. data confirm these facts."


    Does this mean "Trickle Down" is a lie?

    Will this be an election issue?
    You say you lean conservative, typo or are you one of those people that call cspan on the con line and say, "I'm a conservative but" then recite every dem talking point?

  6. #6
    Iconoclast
    DaveFagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    wny
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,290

    Re: Is this the true history of our National debt?

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    You say you lean conservative, typo or are you one of those people that call cspan on the con line and say, "I'm a conservative but" then recite every dem talking point?
    I'm definitely conservative. I'm just as definitely not a Republican. I mean it is the difference between the real world and Fantasy Island. How are things on the island, by the way?

  7. #7
    Sage
    mpg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Milford, CT
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,769

    Re: Is this the true history of our National debt?

    "Trickle Down Economics" doesn't exist, never did exist, has never been tried, and probably never will be tried. It's just a straw man and therefore a lie.
    If you expect people to be rational, you aren't being rational.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Is this the true history of our National debt?

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveFagan View Post
    I'm definitely conservative. I'm just as definitely not a Republican. I mean it is the difference between the real world and Fantasy Island. How are things on the island, by the way?
    I will take you at your word and look forward to seeing your first post that doesn't sound like a lib talking.

  9. #9
    Sage
    Quag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,994

    Re: Is this the true history of our National debt?

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveFagan View Post
    I'm definitely conservative. I'm just as definitely not a Republican. I mean it is the difference between the real world and Fantasy Island. How are things on the island, by the way?
    Funny kind of conservative you like Hugo Chavez and Fidel Castro and call corporations Korporations, in the thread on Chavez`s cancer. Don`t really care if you are right or left but misrepresenting yourself is never a good idea.
    As to actual poll, Hmm no option for Dem`s and Reps are just using propoganda against each other? I`d vote for that.
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
    Winston Churchill



    A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.
    Winston Churchill

  10. #10
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Is this the true history of our National debt?

    tax hikes or cuts; the government doesn't run a deficit because ti doesn't have enough money coming in . . . it runs a deficit because it's wanting to spend more than it brings in.

    More in = more debt. The government cannot function on a non-debt standard. (they don't think they can, I mean)
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •