View Poll Results: Who Was the Best US President?

Voters
106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Abraham Lincoln

    15 14.15%
  • Franklin Roosevelt

    26 24.53%
  • George Washington

    10 9.43%
  • Thomas Jefferson

    9 8.49%
  • Theodore Roosevelt

    6 5.66%
  • Woodrow Wilson

    1 0.94%
  • Andrew Jackson

    2 1.89%
  • Harry Truman

    0 0%
  • Lyndon Johnson

    2 1.89%
  • Other (please list below)

    35 33.02%
Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 328

Thread: Best US President

  1. #211
    Sage
    teamosil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Last Seen
    05-22-14 @ 12:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,623

    Re: Best US President

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    the military has always been constitutional. the stuff that you love only became "constitutional" due to the dishonest machinations of FDR's lapdogs.
    No, spending to provide for the general welfare was always constitutional. Obviously. It's the regulatory stuff that you're thinking of, not just spending.

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    And only a fool can really believe that welfare socialism helps anyone other than the rich dem masters who use it to buy power. Making people dependent on government no more helps them than a dealer helps the addicts
    Huh. There you are asserting the dependency argument again. Have you come up with any shred of evidence to support that theory since last time I called you out on it and you were unable to come up with anything? Or, have you come up with an explanation for why intergenerational income mobility is so much higher in countries that spend more on poverty amelioration? Or are you still just flat out bald facededly wrong?
    Total tax rates- People living in poverty: 16.2%. The median American: 27%. Working people who make over $140k/year: 31%. The top 1%: 30%. Super rich investors: around 15%. Help the democrats retake the house.

  2. #212
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,658

    Re: Best US President

    Quote Originally Posted by teamosil View Post
    No, spending to provide for the general welfare was always constitutional. Obviously. It's the regulatory stuff that you're thinking of, not just spending.



    Huh. There you are asserting the dependency argument again. Have you come up with any shred of evidence to support that theory since last time I called you out on it and you were unable to come up with anything? Or, have you come up with an explanation for why intergenerational income mobility is so much higher in countries that spend more on poverty amelioration? Or are you still just flat out bald facededly wrong?
    \
    income redistribution is not for the general welfare.

    try again.

    the sanctimonious nature of your posts is not merited by your knowledge

  3. #213
    Sage
    teamosil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Last Seen
    05-22-14 @ 12:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,623

    Re: Best US President

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    income redistribution is not for the general welfare.
    Of course it is. Diminishing marginal utility of wealth, our need for an educated workforce and strong consumer base, etc.
    Total tax rates- People living in poverty: 16.2%. The median American: 27%. Working people who make over $140k/year: 31%. The top 1%: 30%. Super rich investors: around 15%. Help the democrats retake the house.

  4. #214
    Antichrist
    zgoldsmith23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    TN
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 12:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,692

    Re: Best US President

    Quote Originally Posted by teamosil View Post
    Of course it is. Diminishing marginal utility of wealth, our need for an educated workforce and strong consumer base, etc.
    Income redistribution motivates those to become educated how? If I can suckle at the government teat and make as much as TD (who obtained a graduate degree) why would I want to become educated? Oh - I wouldn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    I've never denied my own hackish tendencies
    Quote Originally Posted by Pin dÁr View Post
    scientific by itself isn't enough of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by blaxshep View Post
    Not all Nazis were bad people

  5. #215
    Sage
    teamosil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Last Seen
    05-22-14 @ 12:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,623

    Re: Best US President

    Quote Originally Posted by zgoldsmith23 View Post
    Income redistribution motivates those to become educated how? If I can suckle at the government teat and make as much as TD (who obtained a graduate degree) why would I want to become educated? Oh - I wouldn't.
    What are you talking about? Make as much as TD? Did somebody propose something like that?
    Total tax rates- People living in poverty: 16.2%. The median American: 27%. Working people who make over $140k/year: 31%. The top 1%: 30%. Super rich investors: around 15%. Help the democrats retake the house.

  6. #216
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,658

    Re: Best US President

    Quote Originally Posted by teamosil View Post
    Of course it is. Diminishing marginal utility of wealth, our need for an educated workforce and strong consumer base, etc.
    you'd have to prove that federal income redistribution does what you claim.

    I don't think you can manage that proof

  7. #217
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,658

    Re: Best US President

    Quote Originally Posted by zgoldsmith23 View Post
    Income redistribution motivates those to become educated how? If I can suckle at the government teat and make as much as TD (who obtained a graduate degree) why would I want to become educated? Oh - I wouldn't.

    the purpose of income redistribution is twofold

    to buy the votes of those given the handouts

    and to provide a stream of money the "elite" can dip their beaks into and get rich from

  8. #218
    Antichrist
    zgoldsmith23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    TN
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 12:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,692

    Re: Best US President

    Quote Originally Posted by teamosil View Post
    What are you talking about? Make as much as TD? Did somebody propose something like that?
    You're gonna take TD's money and give it away, no?
    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    I've never denied my own hackish tendencies
    Quote Originally Posted by Pin dÁr View Post
    scientific by itself isn't enough of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by blaxshep View Post
    Not all Nazis were bad people

  9. #219
    Sage
    teamosil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Last Seen
    05-22-14 @ 12:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,623

    Re: Best US President

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you'd have to prove that federal income redistribution does what you claim.

    I don't think you can manage that proof
    The diminishing marginal utility of wealth is obvious of course, so I assume you concede that one, which is enough alone to show that it promotes the general welfare. For the educated workforce and consumer spending, you're the one just randomly asserting that for some reason you can't quite explain you suspect that poverty amelioration programs have the opposite of the intended effect. YOU would need to come up with evidence to support your claim, not me. Regardless though, I've presented you the evidence many, many, times. As you know, intergenerational income mobility is much higher and poverty much lower in countries that spend more on poverty amelioration. That is, obviously, what one would expect to happen and in fact it does.
    Total tax rates- People living in poverty: 16.2%. The median American: 27%. Working people who make over $140k/year: 31%. The top 1%: 30%. Super rich investors: around 15%. Help the democrats retake the house.

  10. #220
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,658

    Re: Best US President

    Quote Originally Posted by teamosil View Post
    The diminishing marginal utility of wealth is obvious of course, so I assume you concede that one, which is enough alone to show that it promotes the general welfare. For the educated workforce and consumer spending, you're the one just randomly asserting that for some reason you can't quite explain you suspect that poverty amelioration programs have the opposite of the intended effect. YOU would need to come up with evidence to support your claim, not me. Regardless though, I've presented you the evidence many, many, times. As you know, intergenerational income mobility is much higher and poverty much lower in countries that spend more on poverty amelioration. That is, obviously, what one would expect to happen and in fact it does.
    that is a complete fail

    and furthermore people don't exist to serve your welfare socialist schemes. the rich pay too much taxes as it is and the government wastes too much money. subsidizing anything tends to increase it and the dems have subsidized dependency in order to get more dependent overs.

    we make poverty too easy

Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •