View Poll Results: Last two years beginning of a downward slide for Public Sector Unions?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, their power has waxed and now it shall wane.

    44 60.27%
  • Unions will respond and their power will grow.

    14 19.18%
  • It depends on November.

    15 20.55%
Page 78 of 124 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast
Results 771 to 780 of 1237

Thread: Beginning of the End for Public Unions?

  1. #771
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Beginning of the End for Public Unions?

    Quote Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
    I never said they did. I said that if teacher unions are strong, like you want them to be. Then don't be surprised if a substantial number of teachers increase their compensation from 120K to 150K in 5 years. How much do you think the poor will earn in 5 years?

    I ask you, increasing the compensation of teachers from 120K to 150K. How does that benefit the poor?
    I am not responsible for, nor put any stock in, your wild imaginings.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  2. #772
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Last Seen
    07-07-16 @ 08:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    2,854

    Re: Beginning of the End for Public Unions?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Please quote me and we will go from there. Your interpretations of what I've said in the past have been less than accurate, to say the least.
    I said
    "Degrees, or certificates do not make you a good teacher."

    You responded.
    "Again, you begin with an unproven premise."

    Hence, you are saying that all teachers with a degree are good teachers. Maybe you should try to respond properly next time, because when you don't thin before you write then you get embarrassed like now.

  3. #773
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Last Seen
    07-07-16 @ 08:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    2,854

    Re: Beginning of the End for Public Unions?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    I am not responsible for, nor put any stock in, your wild imaginings.
    Omg, so wild expecting teachers with power to increase their wage by 4.5% per year.

    Especially when Chicago teachers wanted a wage increase of 30%. Do have any more dumb comments?

  4. #774
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Beginning of the End for Public Unions?

    Quote Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
    I said
    "Degrees, or certificates do not make you a good teacher."

    You responded.
    "Again, you begin with an unproven premise."

    Hence, you are saying that all teachers with a degree are good teachers. Maybe you should try to respond properly next time, because when you don't thin before you write then you get embarrassed like now.
    No, I am saying that being qualified with the proper degrees and certifications makes one a better teacher than those that are not qualified with the proper degrees and certifications.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  5. #775
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Beginning of the End for Public Unions?

    Quote Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
    Omg, so wild expecting teachers with power to increase their wage by 4.5% per year.

    Especially when Chicago teachers wanted a wage increase of 30%. Do have any more dumb comments?
    If you mean can I come up with a comment dumber than yours, the answer is no.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  6. #776
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Last Seen
    07-07-16 @ 08:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    2,854

    Re: Beginning of the End for Public Unions?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    No, I am saying that being qualified with the proper degrees and certifications makes one a better teacher than those that are not qualified with the proper degrees and certifications.
    You said it, so you were wrong.

    And you are still wrong. A degree does not make you a good teacher. People with no certificates can be much better teachers than teachers with degrees and certificates. Teaching is a skill, not something you can just learn from a book.

    If you mean can I come up with a comment dumber than yours, the answer is no.
    Except you completly ignored why your post is really dumb. And just made a dumb unorginal attack back.

    Again, why is it so extreme getting a 4.5% wage increase for 5 years with a strong union. When Chicago teacher unions demanded 30% wage rise over one year. You are not thinking before you write. You are just making cheap attacks, or demanding proof for everything because you are completely incapable of defending your points.

  7. #777
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,857
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Beginning of the End for Public Unions?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    No, I am saying that being qualified with the proper degrees and certifications makes one a better teacher than those that are not qualified with the proper degrees and certifications.
    Sorry but I disagree with this. There are plenty of home schooled children that do just as well, if not better than public school children scholastically speaking. And those parents don't have a teaching degree. Hell, I'm a better teacher than my sons first grade teacher. She just tried to get him to learn reading by rote instead of actually figuring out how to sound out the words. I know this because I spent a day with him in his class watching how he was doing and how the teacher was teaching.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  8. #778
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Beginning of the End for Public Unions?

    Quote Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
    You said it, so you were wrong.
    Typical Camlon logic.


    Again, why is it so extreme getting a 4.5% wage increase for 5 years with a strong union. When Chicago teacher unions demanded 30% wage rise over one year. You are not thinking before you write. You are just making cheap attacks, or demanding proof for everything because you are completely incapable of defending your points.
    I have not heard of a Chicago teacher union demanding a 30% wage rise over one year. Got a link?
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  9. #779
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Beginning of the End for Public Unions?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Sorry but I disagree with this. There are plenty of home schooled children that do just as well, if not better than public school children scholastically speaking. And those parents don't have a teaching degree. Hell, I'm a better teacher than my sons first grade teacher. She just tried to get him to learn reading by rote instead of actually figuring out how to sound out the words. I know this because I spent a day with him in his class watching how he was doing and how the teacher was teaching.
    Everybody has opinions. Thanks for sharing yours.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  10. #780
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Last Seen
    07-07-16 @ 08:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    2,854

    Re: Beginning of the End for Public Unions?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Typical Camlon logic.
    What kind of logic? That you were wrong, even if you may like to change what you meant afterwards. Also, your change didn't make your statement correct.

    Having a degree or a certificate do not make you a good teacher. Teaching is a skill.


    I have not heard of a Chicago teacher union demanding a 30% wage rise over one year. Got a link?
    I was a little wrong. It is over two years. Still, significantly more than 4.5%.

    Blog: Chicago teachers union demanding 30% pay increase over two years

Page 78 of 124 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •