View Poll Results: Last two years beginning of a downward slide for Public Sector Unions?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, their power has waxed and now it shall wane.

    44 60.27%
  • Unions will respond and their power will grow.

    14 19.18%
  • It depends on November.

    15 20.55%
Page 102 of 124 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1237

Thread: Beginning of the End for Public Unions?

  1. #1011
    Sage
    MoSurveyor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-13-17 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,985

    Re: Beginning of the End for Public Unions?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    They have no justifiable reason to have access to profits. Workers have agreed to an arrangement of labor for payment by the owner. Their choices are limited by the alignment of the transaction and who owns what. This is all things I have said before.
    They have "agreed" simply because they are seldom given a real choice. They do always have the right to refuse work under those conditions, which would eventually lead to death. Not what I call a real choice.

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    As for the last bit about wage-slave contracts you should be aware that is an oxymoron.
    See above.


    But I understand why people like you must believe it to be so. The pain of reality is too much for you to bear. This is where personal property has taken us. Those who have property dictate terms to those who don't have property.
    Last edited by MoSurveyor; 06-13-12 at 04:47 PM.
    Mt. Rushmore: Three surveyors and some other guy.
    Life goes on within you and without you. -Harrison
    Hear the echoes of the centuries, Power isn't all that money buys. -Peart
    After you learn quantum mechanics you're never really the same again. -Weinberg

  2. #1012
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Beginning of the End for Public Unions?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    I have no idea what you are attempting to ask me in that post?

    But despite me answering your question, you still seem to be utterly incapable of asking mine.

    Is this so called right of self ownership listed in the US Constitution?
    Its the same question I was asking you before but in a different way. The answer of my question will give you my answer to yours.

  3. #1013
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:26 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,990

    Re: Beginning of the End for Public Unions?

    Quote Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
    That is because you lack any form for logic, and to compensate for your lack of understanding you decide to act like an immature jerk.

    You seem to be completely incapable of understanding the difference between.
    1. To show what the average household income is in RTW states and non-RTW states. (adjusted for costs)
    2. To evaluate if RTW states or non-RTW states are better.
    When I say my aim and the aim of this random professor are not the same. I mean, my aim is 1. His aim is 2. To evaluate number 1, you only need to find income adjusted for living costs. For evaluating number 2, you need to evaluate multiple factors, and he fails because he correlates for factors like unemployment and the age of the state.

    Also, again. I see no response to the holes I pointed out in his research, and this is the fourth time. Why should I trust his research if you are incapable of defending it? The only argument you seem capable of expressing is the failed argument above, and appeal to authority. Except no one here apart from you know who he is.
    What you seem to be unwiling to accept is that I have considered your argument and compared it with the data from Lafer and I have concluded that Dr. Lafer makes a far more compelling case based on a far more thorough and detailed presentation of data that you have done.

    Perhaps your ego does not allow that reality to sink in?

    You are like a chid you keeps crying "but I want it I want it I want it" and will not take NO for an answer. Which is your right. But it is also mine to examine the evidence and conclude that the Dr. Lafer evidence is accurate and far more compelling that your objections to it.
    Last edited by haymarket; 06-13-12 at 04:51 PM.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  4. #1014
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Beginning of the End for Public Unions?

    Quote Originally Posted by MoSurveyor View Post
    They have "agreed" simply because they are seldom given a real choice. They do always have the right to refuse work under those conditions, which would eventually lead to death. Not what I call a real choice.
    No one has to work or work for someone else in this country and you wouldn't necessarily die because of that choice.

    See above.
    What you said above is not slavery.
    Last edited by Henrin; 06-13-12 at 04:49 PM.

  5. #1015
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:26 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,990

    Re: Beginning of the End for Public Unions?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Its the same question I was asking you before but in a different way. The answer of my question will give you my answer to yours.
    BS. I have heard that before FROM YOU and it never ever ever does. You simply are gone with the wind when your game is not played the way you want to play it by the rules you want to play by.

    Is there something about a straight answer to a direct question which is foreign to you?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  6. #1016
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Beginning of the End for Public Unions?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    BS. I have heard that before FROM YOU and it never ever ever does. You simply are gone with the wind when your game is not played the way you want to play it by the rules you want to play by.

    Is there something about a straight answer to a direct question which is foreign to you?
    Why do you think the amendments would of never came into being without the idea of self ownership? Is it perhaps that they are connected? Isn't this all but too obvious?

  7. #1017
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Beginning of the End for Public Unions?

    Quote Originally Posted by MoSurveyor View Post
    As usual you dodged instead of answered.
    Well what I get out of it is if they left the land they have no interest in the land any further renouncing their claims. In the context given that appears to be accurate, but I'm assuming you meant something else.
    How is that a dodge? The first sentence is my answer.

  8. #1018
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Beginning of the End for Public Unions?

    I love reading the comments from these so called "Conservatives" that are all in favor of taking away the voice of the worker and giving complete authority to the government in terms of neogtiating employment wages and benefits.

    I guess "Conservative" today means pro big government.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  9. #1019
    Sage
    MoSurveyor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-13-17 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,985

    Re: Beginning of the End for Public Unions?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    How is that a dodge? The first sentence is my answer.
    Well what I get out of it is if they left the land they have no interest in the land any further renouncing their claims. In the context given that appears to be accurate, but I'm assuming you meant something else.
    So people that have second homes or whatever renounce their claims to the land because they don't occupy it? That's interesting.
    Mt. Rushmore: Three surveyors and some other guy.
    Life goes on within you and without you. -Harrison
    Hear the echoes of the centuries, Power isn't all that money buys. -Peart
    After you learn quantum mechanics you're never really the same again. -Weinberg

  10. #1020
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Penn's Woods
    Last Seen
    09-01-12 @ 09:09 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,984

    Re: Beginning of the End for Public Unions?

    Quote Originally Posted by MoSurveyor View Post
    Contributing labor to production could just as easily attach rights to product/inventory.
    I suppose the government could enact legislation to this effect. Is this something you are recommending?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •