View Poll Results: Last two years beginning of a downward slide for Public Sector Unions?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, their power has waxed and now it shall wane.

    44 60.27%
  • Unions will respond and their power will grow.

    14 19.18%
  • It depends on November.

    15 20.55%
Page 100 of 124 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1237

Thread: Beginning of the End for Public Unions?

  1. #991
    Sage
    MoSurveyor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-13-17 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,985

    Re: Beginning of the End for Public Unions?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    How in the hell is that comparable? The first is the same transaction and the later is creating a new transaction.
    LOL! And why is that? What exactly makes them different?
    Mt. Rushmore: Three surveyors and some other guy.
    Life goes on within you and without you. -Harrison
    Hear the echoes of the centuries, Power isn't all that money buys. -Peart
    After you learn quantum mechanics you're never really the same again. -Weinberg

  2. #992
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Beginning of the End for Public Unions?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    A right only exists if you have it to exercise. If your government does not recognize what you claim is a right - then you simply do not have it and it does not exist for you.

    That is called reality.

    Nothing I say or do changes that reality. Nothing I believe or do not believe changes that reality.
    So basically what you are saying is that the amendments don't exist or is now obvious what I meant by my question that you called me playing prosecutor with you?

  3. #993
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Beginning of the End for Public Unions?

    Quote Originally Posted by MoSurveyor View Post
    LOL! And why is that? What exactly makes them different?
    I already went over it. The labor is a separate transaction from what you are attaching it too. I also went over the reasons why the property goes to owner and why the labor is merely assistance and treated as such.

  4. #994
    Sage
    MoSurveyor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-13-17 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,985

    Re: Beginning of the End for Public Unions?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Well what I get out of it is if they left the land they have no interest in the land any further renouncing their claims. In the context given that appears to be accurate, but I'm assuming you meant something else.
    So you ignored the other half of the post. Then let's try again.

    What do YOU think "... ancient tribes "owned" the land only in so far as they stopped other tribes from using it" means???
    Mt. Rushmore: Three surveyors and some other guy.
    Life goes on within you and without you. -Harrison
    Hear the echoes of the centuries, Power isn't all that money buys. -Peart
    After you learn quantum mechanics you're never really the same again. -Weinberg

  5. #995
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Beginning of the End for Public Unions?

    Quote Originally Posted by MoSurveyor View Post
    So you ignored the other half of the post. Then let's try again.

    What do YOU think "... ancient tribes "owned" the land only in so far as they stopped other tribes from using it" means???
    I'm more looking for you to answer that since I asked you the question first.

  6. #996
    Sage
    MoSurveyor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-13-17 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,985

    Re: Beginning of the End for Public Unions?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    I already went over it. The labor is a separate transaction from what you are attaching it too. I also went over the reasons why the property goes to owner and why the labor is merely assistance and treated as such.
    Then let the owner produce whatever he wants without labor.

    Or let him do the labor himself, in which case he also becomes the worker - I have no problem with that.
    Mt. Rushmore: Three surveyors and some other guy.
    Life goes on within you and without you. -Harrison
    Hear the echoes of the centuries, Power isn't all that money buys. -Peart
    After you learn quantum mechanics you're never really the same again. -Weinberg

  7. #997
    Sage
    MoSurveyor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-13-17 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,985

    Re: Beginning of the End for Public Unions?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    I'm more looking for you to answer that since I asked you the question first.
    No, you accused me of back-tracking (or contradicting myself), which I did not do. Obviously you interpreted that phrase to mean something specific so I'd like to know what it was. I can't fix it if I don't know what's wrong. So, once again:

    What do YOU think "... ancient tribes "owned" the land only in so far as they stopped other tribes from using it" means???
    Mt. Rushmore: Three surveyors and some other guy.
    Life goes on within you and without you. -Harrison
    Hear the echoes of the centuries, Power isn't all that money buys. -Peart
    After you learn quantum mechanics you're never really the same again. -Weinberg

  8. #998
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Last Seen
    07-07-16 @ 08:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    2,854

    Re: Beginning of the End for Public Unions?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    I have no idea what you are talking about.
    That is because you lack any form for logic, and to compensate for your lack of understanding you decide to act like an immature jerk.

    You seem to be completely incapable of understanding the difference between.
    1. To show what the average household income is in RTW states and non-RTW states. (adjusted for costs)
    2. To evaluate if RTW states or non-RTW states are better.
    When I say my aim and the aim of this random professor are not the same. I mean, my aim is 1. His aim is 2. To evaluate number 1, you only need to find income adjusted for living costs. For evaluating number 2, you need to evaluate multiple factors, and he fails because he correlates for factors like unemployment and the age of the state.

    Also, again. I see no response to the holes I pointed out in his research, and this is the fourth time. Why should I trust his research if you are incapable of defending it? The only argument you seem capable of expressing is the failed argument above, and appeal to authority. Except no one here apart from you know who he is.

  9. #999
    Guru

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    11-24-13 @ 11:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,001

    Re: Beginning of the End for Public Unions?

    Quote Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
    That is because you lack any form for logic, and to compensate for your lack of understanding you decide to act like an immature jerk.

    You seem to be completely incapable of understanding the difference between.
    1. To show what the average household income is in RTW states and non-RTW states. (adjusted for costs)
    2. To evaluate if RTW states or non-RTW states are better.
    When I say my aim and the aim of this random professor are not the same. I mean, my aim is 1. His aim is 2. To evaluate number 1, you only need to find income adjusted for living costs. For evaluating number 2, you need to evaluate multiple factors, and he fails because he correlates for factors like unemployment and the age of the state.

    Also, again. I see no response to the holes I pointed out in his research, and this is the fourth time. Why should I trust his research if you are incapable of defending it? The only argument you seem capable of expressing is the failed argument above, and appeal to authority. Except no one here apart from you know who he is.
    The liberals on this board just don't get it. We need to look at the places with the strongest economies and adopt their labor laws.

    Which nation has had unbelievable economic growth the last ten years? That would be China.

  10. #1000
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,908

    Re: Beginning of the End for Public Unions?

    Quote Originally Posted by johnny_rebson View Post
    The liberals on this board just don't get it. We need to look at the places with the strongest economies and adopt their labor laws.

    Which nation has had unbelievable economic growth the last ten years? That would be China.
    wow...joking or simply uninformed?
    Nobody who wins a war indulges in a bifurcated definition of victory. War is a political act; victory and defeat have meaning only in political terms. A country incapable of achieving its political objectives at an acceptable cost is losing the war, regardless of battlefield events.

    Bifurcating victory (e.g. winning militarily, losing politically) is a useful salve for defeated armies. The "stab in the back" narrative helped take the sting out of failure for German generals after WWI and their American counterparts after Vietnam.

    All the same, it's nonsense. To paraphrase Vince Lombardi, show me a political loser, and I'll show you a loser.
    - Colonel Paul Yingling

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •